Is the bald fade becoming increasingly popular?

I always thought the bald fade, ceasar and the taper were the standard black man haircuts.

Kinda wonder why knee-grows can't grow their hair out. 
bro. how is this guy still here?

needs to be banned every single time he makes a new name.
The hell are you talking about?

The thread question made me wonder why black guys can't just grow their hair out. Like, we're the only people who have to "cut out hair" for some reason. 

It kinda irks me. 

Last edited:

The thread question made me wonder why black guys can't just grow their hair out. Like, we're the only people who have to "cut out hair" for some reason.

It kinda irks me.

Damn son, happy Juneteenth... my dreads are half way to my ***, what are you talking about??
Now black women, on the other hand....

It kinda irks me. 
What?
roll.gif
You're telling me that a black guy can get a decent job with his hair as long as he wants it to be compared to the average white guy with his long hair slicked back?

Mind you, thats why I like working in meritocracies, not places that care about how I look. 

It kinda irks me. 

What? :rofl:
You're telling me that a black guy can get a decent job with his hair as long as he wants it to be compared to the average white guy with his long hair slicked back?

Mind you, thats why I like working in meritocracies, not places that care about how I look. 

you say stuff like this, then you wonder why black people get annoyed at comparing their plight to gays and da right to use da nomenclature "marraige" :smh: :lol:

There are a lot of African Americans with long hair. Yea the majority keeps it short, and why would that irk you?

Don't you have a short haircut yourself FutureMD?

how in the blue hell did a thread about a bald fade turn into this!

Because nt'ers overreact. It's something to think about, speaking strictly for the corporate world I have folks that still get side eyes and petty **** is said because they have dreads. Hell we just had a CPA or something like that on here that told us color is still very much an issue in that world.

You know damn well nappy hair scare white folks.

hence the term "dread" locks.

Low cut hair for black men in america is symbolic of social conformity. It makes others comfortable, and makes the black guy feel presentable.

I know the difference from first hand experience. Regardless of my job or education background I'd get treated differently depending on my hair. I've had fro, fades, locks, braids.

There are plenty of upstanding black people with long hair. I've had more than one professor or ta that have had dreads and braids.

If it looks professional/groomed you can have your hair as long as you want.
You know thats not good enough sometimes.

Like I said, I'm not pressed to be in such a situation, but I just wish it was more acceptable to wear our hair how we want. 

Don't front like you don't know what I mean. 

you say stuff like this, then you wonder why black people get annoyed at comparing their plight to gays and da right to use da nomenclature "marraige"
mean.gif
laugh.gif
Gay marriage and the legal access to it, has nothing to do with how hairstyles are perceived.

There are plenty of upstanding black people with long hair. I've had more than one professor or ta that have had dreads and braids.
Thats academia bro. Thats a progressive setting thats looking to uproot stereotypes. Of course he'd be OK with his dreads. 

Last edited:
Future's post reminds me...any time I see a commercial in an office setting..and there's a black guy..he's usually rocking a long natural look

It made me think, I never see that in life..ever :lol:

If it looks professional/groomed you can have your hair as long as you want.
You know thats not good enough sometimes.

Like I said, I'm not pressed to be in such a situation, but I just wish it was more acceptable to wear our hair how we want. 

Don't front like you don't know what I mean. 

you say stuff like this, then you wonder why black people get annoyed at comparing their plight to gays and da right to use da nomenclature "marraige" :smh: :lol:
Gay marriage and the legal access to it, has nothing to do with how hairstyles are perceived.

being black affects your employment chances as you eloquently described, being gay? dique.

you say stuff like this, then you wonder why black people get annoyed at comparing their plight to gays and da right to use da nomenclature "marraige"
mean.gif
laugh.gif
being black affects your employment chances as you eloquently described, being gay? dique.
The issues are mutually exclusive, however not entirely less common. People have been fired for being gay before and it used to not be a rare thing at all. Granted people would have to be "exposed" or "revealed" as being gay, but its no different from being fired for some other trait or stance on something you have. 

And what does this have to do with haircuts? You completely derailed this thread talking about marriage. 

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom