Is the phrase "Making Moves" being used too loosely?

Cats are wildin calling everything "making moves".
I'm going to the store to grab some Grey Goose. Making Moves!
I'm about to go to class. Making moves!
I'm hosting a party. Making moves!
I mean seriously.
laugh.gif

These examples are making moves.
Job Interview.
Graduating College.
Record Deal.
Business Endeavor.
Etc.

Not grabbing a bucket of chicken at KFC. Even worse, some people call these "power moves".
roll.gif

Yessssssss...cats portraying themselves to be bosses...I used to do the same acouple yrs ago can't even front

"If everyone is a boss then who's really working"

laugh.gif
..... wut
roll.gif

only heard it when me & my friends are lagging something & someone just says "Let's make moves" to speed up the process

being*

It's just catching on. A phase that happens to many popular words/phrases/catch-lines/what have you. It will eventually die out after a couple of rappers title some songs "Making Moves."

I don't normally care about stuff like this, but I will say that the phrase "Making moves" used to be reserved for partaking in actions of prominence, in place of leisurely activities and I, for one, have certainly witnessed a gross abuse of this once eminent saying.

Hell yea. Dudes be trying to sound interesting.

"I'm out here making moves, you know..."

N, you went to go pay the water bill.
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by rice boy 45

only heard it when me & my friends are lagging something & someone just says "Let's make moves" to speed up the process
This...never really heard it any other time...

Originally Posted by Norfolk Southern aka BUBBA

I'm going to kitchen drawer and finding a half-opened packet of duck sauce. Makin moves!!!...

You must been reading news feeds on FB OP
laugh.gif

How did you know? I'm sitting here like.
uYvuK.gif

Originally Posted by Tr1ll

Hell yea. Dudes be trying to sound interesting.

"I'm out here making moves, you know..."

N, you went to go pay the water bill.
eyes.gif
To a house that's not even theirs at that 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by freakydestroyer

I'm going to the store to grab some lGrey Goose. Making Moves!
I mean seriously.
laugh.gif

Job Interview.
Graduating College.
Record Deal.
Business Endeavor.
Etc.

Not grabbing a bucket of chicken at KFC. Even worse, some people call these "power moves".
roll.gif
Jakes on you son you're not listening fast enough.

The aforementioned would be, making the move. The bolded are indeed making moves.

i.e.

"when we bout to make the move to the store and grab those swishers?"
or

"are we going to the function tonight? when you trying to make the move?"
vs

"heard you got the job at Macys, you making moves son"

well, if you take "making moves" in the literal sense then as long as they move....they're making moves.

I say.......MEME!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

This is exactly what we talking about doe. How you making moves with a retail job?

This is exactly what we talking about doe. How you making moves with a retail job?
It's all relative b. If you've never had a job before a job at a fine retail institution like Macy's is making moves.

I mean, if dude was unemployed, and then found employment, that is indeed making moves, am I right? Not a HUGE move, but a move nonetheless 

Edit:

HAM CITY wrote:

It's all relative b. If you've never had a job before a job at a fine retail institution like Macy's is making moves.

grin.gif

Word to Royal Flush.

This is a funny post.

While we're at it, what about "hustling" or having a "hustle?"

If you selling candy like shorty from the The Wire, you ain't hustlin'. If you selling dimes of weed and re-upping by the ounce, you ain't hustlin'. If you work at FootLocker and sell your discount for a couple hundred bucks every few months on the F&F you ain't hustlin - you are working retail for near minimum wage. And, so forth.

Originally Posted by freakydestroyer

I'm going to the store to grab some lGrey Goose. Making Moves!
I mean seriously.
laugh.gif

Job Interview.
Graduating College.
Record Deal.
Business Endeavor.
Etc.

roll.gif
Jakes on you son you're not listening fast enough.

The aforementioned would be, making the move. The bolded are indeed making moves.

i.e.

"when we bout to make the move to the store and grab those swishers?"
or

"are we going to the function tonight? when you trying to make the move?"
vs

Nah I'm reading these statuses on Facebook and they do say "making moves". Hahaha no smiley laughing iPads not NT friendly.

this money *!$# is so stupid...how bout this....figure out what money ACTUALLY IS...then maybe we can get somewhere in this world....instead of chasing a dollar we could just be living man...I really don't understand how people can't figure this out...its not that hard. People aren't trying to understand and I'm not ok with that. If people made the commitment to changing our lives for good we can do it...and thats what America is supposed to be about...but its like people have already surrendered to these evils man. whatever. we'll have to figure out the hard way I guess and just wait for this *!$# to completely fall apart and all hell to break loose.

Originally Posted by B Smooth 202

this money *!$# is so stupid...how bout this....figure out what money ACTUALLY IS...then maybe we can get somewhere in this world....instead of chasing a dollar we could just be living man...I really don't understand how people can't figure this out...its not that hard. People aren't trying to understand and I'm not ok with that. If people made the commitment to changing our lives for good we can do it...and thats what America is supposed to be about...but its like people have already surrendered to these evils man. whatever. we'll have to figure out the hard way I guess and just wait for this *!$# to completely fall apart and all hell to break loose.

I don't think anyone is suggesting that the "move" has to meet a certain monetary threshold. If you volunteer to help build huts in Haiti, I will consider that to be making moves.

Back
Top Bottom