Is there a way to say "i was employed by my parents" on a resume

without explicitly saying that? I assist them unofficially in their property management and im trying to fill this work history gap. They don't have a business name or anything which is the problem

Make up a name.
Kevins property management firm....... done

Originally Posted by CelticsPride34

Simply explain what it you do...
laugh.gif
 i did but i mean, each job has a heading. I just put in general "Property Management Services" as the heading and outlined what i did. It sticks out to me but whatever

i'm considered an official employee with my parents, but every time i tell people i work for my parents i catch a
grin.gif
as if i don't work as hard as some other people. feels bad man

many people work for their parents, especially its a large company. like other people say make up a name for your parents business and play it off like it something important. no reason for them to look down on you if it was actual work that you were doing.

Sorry to be off topic with this but for those that resell kicks online (and make a good amount off of it), have u ever put that on a resume?? Because I know a couple of people/youngins that were making enough off reselling kicks that they didn't need a real job at the time

Originally Posted by thegoat121886

Originally Posted by gboy1230

"Ellis Property Management"

thank me later
grin.gif
laugh.gif
ooook that's gonna be a huge red flag 
laugh.gif

go figure? they dont know its you there are more then one ellis in the world
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

Worked at "Mom and Pops" store.

hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehhehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehhehehehehe

Originally Posted by neverflopped

Sorry to be off topic with this but for those that resell kicks online (and make a good amount off of it), have u ever put that on a resume?? Because I know a couple of people/youngins that were making enough off reselling kicks that they didn't need a real job at the time
not really, since you probably didnt pay taxes on it.  so your profit was "under the table" no?

Originally Posted by neverflopped

if you're getting into something professional on the sales side it could be of benefit if you mention it as a side business you do on your own. If you can explain it well and demonstrate how those skills can translate, it might be worth putting in

I worked for my parents basically once I was in High School, I would put it on my resume under my parents company name (I wouldn't state that it was my parents company) I would list the responsibilities, duties. All work experience counts on your resume.

all you really need is a title of the company for your resume... when you go on the actual interview you don't have to discuss its your parents company but instead just tell them your responsibilities...

Back
Top Bottom