Is there anything better than chromecast?

^^^That really is the only catch I believe. I even downloaded the app on my phone but also need to pay $5 as well. I think if you do the premium package, you can download any app to any of your devices for free but for $150 lifetime, I'd rather just pay $5 per app. It's pretty sick though. Plex in essence is now like a Slingbox for my movies. I can essentially watch any movie on my phone as long as I have a good signal and/or wifi.

^^^That really is the only catch I believe. I even downloaded the app on my phone but also need to pay $5 as well. I think if you do the premium package, you can download any app to any of your devices for free but for $150 lifetime, I'd rather just pay $5 per app. It's pretty sick though. Plex in essence is now like a Slingbox for my movies. I can essentially watch any movie on my phone as long as I have a good signal and/or wifi.
How Plex going so far?

So to recap, you paid only $5 for the app on your Roku and on your phone? And you've been able to stream your movies just fine, without having to pay for that premium package Plex is offering?

OG Chromecast still treating me well, not sure if I want to upgrade to the new one yet

I think it's worth it. The added stability of the WiFi (they added two additional antenna) really helps. The new one is just so much faster when loading items and doing things like hi-speed scrubbing and skipping ads.

The new Chromecasts support 5ghz networks now. I run both a 2.4ghz and 5ghz network in my place so I was able to offload the new Chromecasts to the 5ghz network reducing the streaming load to my main network.

I've had the OG since it was first announced and was thinking about getting the new one as well. I want one of the colors. 8)

Just copped a FireStick with Kodi...

Seen my 1st episode of The Wire... Can't wait to see what's next!

I know some dudes that have jailbroken firesticks. I was watching Creed on the barbershop TV while getting my haircut yesterday.
laugh.gif

Guys, if you're planning to discuss illegal media piracy on NikeTalk, expect to be banned.  Don't get the thread locked because your cheap self can't/won't pay for content. 

Any updates on the new Apple TV and what is Plex? Is that just for a computer or phone or do they have a device?

Back
Top Bottom