IS THERE ANYWAY TO GIVE UP YOUR RIGHT TO VOTE IN THE US ?

I am not going to vote for obama and i dont like romney either
The election process and anyone that runs does not speak for me and I am willing to give up my right to vote 

I have not voted since 2000 and i really cant see myself ever voting again

I bring this up because me and my boy was talking about it and he said if you have a felony record 

That's the only way you can lose your right to vote 

Is this true ?

all you have to do is stop voting boss. then its like it doesn't exist right? if you have something, and ignore its existence, its like youve given it up right? or do you want others to know that you do not want to vote? you want to be recognized for your actions? a certificate perhaps?

felonies or becoming a citizen of another country.

Originally Posted by 160jordansdeep

I am not going to vote for obama and i dont like romney either
The election process and anyone that runs does not speak for me and I am willing to give up my right to vote 

I have not voted since 2000 and i really cant see myself ever voting again

I bring this up because me and my boy was talking about it and he said if you have a felony record 

That's the only way you can lose your right to vote 

Is this true ?
Just... don't register to vote if you don't want to vote.

And that is correct, felons cannot vote.

you have the right to vote. you also have the right to not vote, so yes, you can 'give up' your right to vote.

felons aren't allowed to vote.

showing up to jury duty, that's a whole 'nother story.

Only in like two states.  That's an old rule.

I never voted in my life.

Washington DC is basically Hollywood but with "politicians" instead of "actors."

Obama is an idiot.  Romney is an idiot.  They are all morons.  Rest assured your life wouldn't change if you woke up and Donald Duck was elected President.  It don't matter.

What's the easiest felony to get
laugh.gif
I'm thinking one of those crazy high duis.

Originally Posted by HOVKid

Washington DC is basically Hollywood but with "politicians" instead of "actors."

Obama is an idiot.  Romney is an idiot.  They are all morons.  Rest assured your life wouldn't change if you woke up and Donald Duck was elected President.  It don't matter.

how do u deal with the criticism of telling you people you don't vote, or do you tell people?

laugh.gif
realest thing that will be said in here.

I have never voted as well and I am older than most of you.

Pretty much for same reason as Hovkid wrote.

Anyone that would ever make a real difference would never get to. Too many other people hold the true power.
I may sound dumb or "part of the problem" but honestly I don't care.

I do what I gotta do to take care of my family and that will never change.

I have a felony record and I still have the right to vote (CA). But if you want to #### off the chance of a decent job just to not vote, go ahead it's your life, I don't judge.

i knew the easy thing is just dont vote

but i wanted to see the answers

thanks guys
hovkid on the money as always 

Originally Posted by welcometothetonezone

showing up to jury duty, that's a whole 'nother story.

that's another duty i am not down for 
i will not judge anyone in a court of law 

Unless you're concerned about magical government powers taking over your body and forcing you to vote just don't vote and LO AND BEHOLD your problem has been solved.

Originally Posted by SIZE TENS

I have never voted as well and I am older than most of you.

Pretty much for same reason as Hovkid wrote.

Anyone that would ever make a real difference would never get to. Too many other people hold the true power.
I may sound dumb or "part of the problem" but honestly I don't care.

I do what I gotta do to take care of my family and that will never change.
this...all of it

I don't think there could be a worse day in the recent history of the USA to exhibit such privileged buffoonery. An estimated 32 million American lives were changed today because Obama was in office. For the better or worse will be up for politicized contention for time immemorial but change has occurred.Edit: For anyone unfamiliar with Meth's quip, here's a good read: http://www.niemanwatchdog....view&backgroundid=00634

Back
Top Bottom