Is Too Many Rapper's Jumping On the Voice Box Wagon?

I personally feel T-Pain only sound cool using the Voice box that's my opinion though. I believe Roger Troutman really started it back in the day waycorrect me if im wrong. But now i heard a new song 2nite with Jim Jone's and I believe Juelz was using it, but that ain't the only problem. My Problemis all these rapper's using it to sing now. So do you think it's outta hand and everybody else is following Pain because he made it hot again.

You just now noticing this???

chris brown
rihanna
kanye
pain
wayne
g unit
yung berg
drake
juelz
ciara

smh.gif

Originally Posted by I CANT FEEL MY FACEE

chris brown
rihanna
kanye
pain
wayne
g unit
yung berg
drake
juelz
ciara

smh.gif
I been peep game i didn't ask who all used it.

Too many jumped on like 6 months ago. Now its just a few hanger ons thats going drive it into the ground(see Kanye).

Too many jumped on like 6 months ago. Now its just a few hanger ons thats going drive it into the ground(see Kanye).

Originally Posted by 1OAKLAND ZUU

I personally feel T-Pain only sound cool using the Voice box that's my opinion though. I believe Roger Troutman really started it back in the day way correct me if im wrong. But now i heard a new song 2nite with Jim Jone's and I believe Juelz was using it, but that ain't the only problem. My Problem is all these rapper's using it to sing now. So do you think it's outta hand and everybody else is following Pain because he made it hot again.

Roger Troutman used a vocoder
wink.gif

craziest thing is, the device t pain uses isn't even new,

i got some old school rnb where dudes was using it,

Whether it's a vocoder or Autotune, the effect is similar and I'm glad Roger Troutman was credited in this thread because I was expecting people tocredit T Pain with "discovering" this effect. I think it is cool that it's being brought back but it's definitely overkill. As much as Istill love her, leave it to hip hop to ruin a good thing I guess.

Word? I was just thinking this yesterday! Like wow a lot of people are doing it and I have never heard anyopne say this. And I was like man this opinion thatI'm formulating is brand new, let me go post on NT. Then I came here and saw this post and said damn someone feels me. Because this has never been talkedabout before. So enlighting

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

Word? I was just thinking this yesterday! Like wow a lot of people are doing it and I have never heard anyopne say this. And I was like man this opinion that I'm formulating is brand new, let me go post on NT. Then I came here and saw this post and said damn someone feels me. Because this has never been talked about before. So enlighting
Man you know they say great mind's think alike. But i had to post this to hear yall opinions and im glad im not the only one to feel how ifeel. I just heard a new song by Kanye West last night not the Love LockDown Joint but anotha 1, but i forgot the name of it. But once the song went off theysaid he doing his whole album singing using the voice box that scared me man. I guess it's just a trend right now and it will slowly fade away and T-painwill be the last man standing.

Originally Posted by ILLIONAIRE

I personally feel T-Pain only sound cool using the Voice box that's my opinion though. I believe Roger Troutman really started it back in the day way correct me if im wrong. But now i heard a new song 2nite with Jim Jone's and I believe Juelz was using it, but that ain't the only problem. My Problem is all these rapper's using it to sing now. So do you think it's outta hand and everybody else is following Pain because he made it hot again.

Roger Troutman used a vocoder
wink.gif

Same difference i bet, they both used a tool to make they voice have a efect on it.

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

Word? I was just thinking this yesterday! Like wow a lot of people are doing it and I have never heard anyopne say this. And I was like man this opinion that I'm formulating is brand new, let me go post on NT. Then I came here and saw this post and said damn someone feels me. Because this has never been talked about before. So enlighting
Man you know they say great mind's think alike. But i had to post this to hear yall opinions and im glad im not the only one to feel how i feel. I just heard a new song by Kanye West last night not the Love LockDown Joint but anotha 1, but i forgot the name of it. But once the song went off they said he doing his whole album singing using the voice box that scared me man. I guess it's just a trend right now and it will slowly fade away and T-pain will be the last man standing.
wow

I used to LOVE this autotune and was really happy TPain brought it back with the old Zapp and Roger similarities but it is HELLA played out cause EVERY artistand their mama is using it. If it was just Pain, i'd still be cool with it, cause he's like the new age Zapp and Roger for this generation but thefact that rappers are using it?...Corny %#$ hell.

It got played out ONCE Snoop decided to use it, then came Wayne and the rest.

Originally Posted by I CANT FEEL MY FACEE

chris brown
rihanna
kanye
pain
wayne
g unit
yung berg
drake
juelz
ciara

smh.gif

Snoop
Baby

Personally I only like T-Pain using it of the current artist, mainly because I like when rappers actually rap. I don't mind a rapper doing his on lilsinging on a hook, but a whole song? Album?
frown.gif

Back
Top Bottom