ITS BALLING SEASON AGAIN.....TAXES!!! Where you doing yours?

Only made $5500 through my internship while mostly FBing and browsing the internet, getting $850 back after filing with TurboTax.

Idk how people use h&r block. They dont give you a maximum refund and hit you with fees/charges

Is it feasible for a single male with no children making a taxable income of roughly $30k to be getting $3400 refunds? If I'm reading my W-2 correctly I paid $3161.80 in taxes in 2012. Don't understand how this works but my tax preparer just said that's the amount I'm looking at getting back.

NT Detectives/Financial Experts, any advice?
:nerd:

Got 6k back last year but only 1200 this year. May have been bc I made 25,000 more this year than last.

Anyone flippin there income tax check? Or investing?

Im gettin a few stacks and wanted to either flip it or invest but i dont really know wht to invest in

Anyone flippin there income tax check? Or investing?

Im gettin a few stacks and wanted to either flip it or invest but i dont really know wht to invest in
Planning on betting on baseball season. Flip that into a nice little trip somewhere.

Is it feasible for a single male with no children making a taxable income of roughly $30k to be getting $3400 refunds? If I'm reading my W-2 correctly I paid $3161.80 in taxes in 2012. Don't understand how this works but my tax preparer just said that's the amount I'm looking at getting back.

nerd.gif
I made about the same amount as you, and I got $1019 back in taxes. If you didn't claim anything else (like school expenses, etc) and it was strictly from your W2, you probably claimed 0 on your W4. I claimed 1, so they took less taxes every paycheck and I got a smaller return. When you claim 0, they take more out of your check, but you get a bigger refund.

:nerd:

He was probablly lookin out fir you and put down that you are A student

anyone still waiting for theres? its been more than 3 weeks and i still aint got **** :smh:

I just used H&R Block to file my taxes. Got $1228 back, while I owed my state $15.

I will split my refund by putting $1000 in savings and using the $228 to stretch my checking account.

College student checking in.

My return basicly went like this

My income tax came out to $89 . I received the education credit for something like 1,500 (tuition + books) but they subtracted what I owed and a scholarship I received (400)

So it came out to I get $1,107.

And yes the tuition cost is a tad inflated.... Since I did sell my books back and pocketed the money :wink:

when did you submit yours? on the wheres my refund site on irs.gov... i put my info in and still says being processed SMH

Ruh Roh. I smell an audit.

Jk :smile:

I did my taxes feb. 19th and I'm supposed to get the direct deposit by march 9th latest.

I
Ruh Roh. I smell an audit.

Jk :smile:

I did my taxes feb. 19th and I'm supposed to get the direct deposit by march 9th latest.

I actually just checked and I filed feb 16-17 I think so it hasn't been 3 weeks yet but **** its taking forever! Lol

man... i filed my taxes on valentines day.

i got a letter last week saying they have to do some more investigating...

wth man?

i only made 17k... a lot was commissioned so i payed a lot of taxes.

also, i went to school and payed for that too?

am i getting audited on my first time filing for taxes?

I have a spot I go to. Dope people known em for a while.

I hope to get 2gs maybe more. I'd pay off my 2Cc, Sallie mae and maybe try and pay a bill.

I'm doing the lame/responsible thing and putting it towards student loans.. I don't even graduate until next May.  I want to have that stuff paid off asap so when I get into my career I can pocket more.

Back
Top Bottom