It's been a while since a NYC-born player made a BIG splash in the NBA.....

stephon-marbury-vaseline.jpg

&

artest.jpg

Seriously....I left off L.O., because for all the talent he has...he's been wildly inconsistent.  You can maybe say the same for Ron, but dude was a marquee defensive player in the NBA for quite some time.  Marbury....well, he had that whole 20/8 thing going for a while and he was dynamic before it all fell apart. 

I guess Joakim is the next hope....

joakim_noah_draftnight.jpg

Why????? 

They just play better basketball around the country now, from when kids are young, all the way through AAU and High School (E.g. Seattle)

why are u always making these threads about nyc basketball players ? not even tryna come at you just asking a question we all know they have not lived up to the hype to say the least.

For whatever reason New Jersey is miles ahead of NYC in grassroots basketball.

I thought ya'll disowned Lamar when he married that kneesh-lookin' broad.

I'm still waitin on Bassy
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by LIVE BOY D

why are u always making these threads about nyc basketball players ? not even tryna come at you just asking a question we all know they have not lived up to the hype to say the least.

I love NYC hoops....but it's baffling to me how a city with such a rich history/tradition repeatedly turns out overhyped busts for the most part. 

ok I've been thinking about this topic for a while now and I noticed some things

NYC only really produces PG's and undersized SG's for the most part....there are exceptions but thats it mostly.

2 kinds of PGs- shoot first midgets or broke jumper PG- On the positive they can handle it and pass with the best of them usually
SGs- Unathletic, chuckers

How many big men make the league from NYC- Elton Brand, Joakim Noah? The New York game doesnt reward big men and theres not enough people teaching post players up there. Also, whens the last time you seen an athletic PG from NYC that dunks on people? Ben Gordon is one....but then who Kemba Walker? I don't think they put alot of emphasis on the physical side of training and lifting, but alot of those schools have terrible facilities.

Its just alot kids grow up playing 21, 32 learning 1on1 moves, playing outside, and idolizing guys like Bassy/Marbury....so they don't expand there games.

And also the NYC attitude is terrible some of those guys really aren''t humble enough to learn and improve. Guys like Quincy Douby are rare up in NYC. He really worked on his game and made himself a NBA player.

i think to me, all the hype at an early age in a big city like that leads to alot of these dudes not having the impact they could make. you could a million different people telling you your the best, and trying to lead you in a million different directions.

if i was from new york and playing basketball i would make it my priority to go to college somewhere far from new york to avoid the distractions.

Kemba Walker and Corey Fisher are decent, but undersized to play a big role in the NBA.
if one of them were to do decently well in the NBA i think it would be Walker. Fisher hasn't displayed any great athleticism to prove otherwise

NYCers are the most arrogant people in the world...a kid who's a star in NYC already thinks he's an NBA player.

As much as people hate on Marbury he's the only one who's lived up to the point guard hype. He was an all star and played for team USA.

Sad to say the best PG to come out of NYC in the last 10 yrs is Smush Parker..

Originally Posted by High Class Scum Bag

NYCers are the most arrogant people in the world...a kid who's a star in NYC already thinks he's an NBA player.

As much as people hate on Marbury he's the only one who's lived up to the point guard hype. He was an all star and played for team USA.

Sad to say the best PG to come out of NYC in the last 10 yrs is Smush Parker..
Staten Island > Nebraska

It's funny to me how PG county has had more HS All Americans and noteworthy pro ballers over the last few years than both California and NYC.

Back
Top Bottom