It's OFFICIAL: GM it BANKRUPT and off of DJI.

Originally Posted by J Burner

^^^Well Said.

To all of you complaining about GM not making cars that you want to buy, wait until you see what Obama wants you to drive. The government tried once before to tell auto makers how to do business, and gave them production plans for the car the the FEDS came up with, and it was UTTER FAILURE. Not to mention this administration is just pulling authority out of their %++$%, no where in our constitution does it give our government or our president this kind of power.
Originally Posted by TheWindScar31

So, what SHOULD the Government do?
Keep its grubby little HANDS OFF, and let our economy correct itself as it has done many times before. GM has filed bankruptcy before, without giving a 60% share to the Federal Government.

and Mangudai954

yep. I agree. Let 'em fail and let things fix themselves. I just wast noticing a trend of A vs. B in this thread and was hoping to see a little more on thesubject. lol.

Originally Posted by Emmanuel Goldstein

people fail to realize car prices arent going to go down, but rather UP in order to finance the "R&D" as well as new technological implementation ... so we are going to be taxed more in order to save a company, just so it can sell us cars with "better" gas mileage at higher prices ... YAY!

laugh.gif
yup
Obama to announce auto mileage, emissions standards

By KEN THOMAS and PHILIP ELLIOTT - May 19, 2009
WASHINGTON (AP) - President Barack Obama's new fuel and emission standards for cars and trucks will save billions of barrels of oil but are expected to cost consumers an extra $1,300 per vehicle by the time the plan is complete in 2016.
http://www.google.com/hos...CGXtHnuqIvB059gD989BQKO1

people fail to realize car prices arent going to go down, but rather UP in order to finance the "R&D" as well as new technological implementation ... so we are going to be taxed more in order to save a company, just so it can sell us cars with "better" gas mileage at higher prices ... YAY!
or maybe they'll stay the same, given that the whole brand will undergo major retraction from the market.
I have no sympathy though... GM didn't fund R&D during the gas guzzler boom.

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

or maybe they'll stay the same, given that the whole brand will undergo major retraction from the market.
I have no sympathy though... GM didn't fund R&D during the gas guzzler boom.

and there it is ... classic risk/reward ... concentrate all your efforts into say 4 models per 4 major brand names ... what if 2/4 arent what the consumeris looking for? now we are stuck with a 50% failure rate and most certainly no gains ...

see in my opinion there simply needs to be better minds behind the scenes ... narrow production to compete and beat foreign competition while still maintainingamericas rugged "edge" ... i firmly believe i could run these companies better than those in charge and those who will be in charge ...

4 brands is plenty to cover all consumer demand ... have your big trucks, have your hybrids, have your sportys ... but offer 4 options with different stylingtweaks and packages ...

I should have figured that lol.

Obama will pick up important cash donations and election worker support from this new AFL-CIO endorsement. AFSCME (American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees) which represents 1.4 million members, intends to mobilize as many as 40,000 workers for the Obama campaign and spend as much as $50 million dollars in efforts to boost the senator.

Did not know. Through all the reading and listening ive done one of the biggest issues seem to be that everyone is in bed with someone. This creates conflicts of interest and corruption.

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

Obama will pick up important cash donations and election worker support from this new AFL-CIO endorsement. AFSCME (American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees) which represents 1.4 million members, intends to mobilize as many as 40,000 workers for the Obama campaign and spend as much as $50 million dollars in efforts to boost the senator.

Did not know. Through all the reading and listening ive done one of the biggest issues seem to be that everyone is in bed with each other. This creates conflicts of interest and corruption.
i mean what do you expect? obama has done nothing but please his party and empower those who supported him monetarily so far ... the sad thing is,people are completely blind to it ... i would venture to guess that more than 75% of people who voted for obama dont even know what happened to GM today andwhat it entails ...

Did not know. Through all the reading and listening ive done one of the biggest issues seem to be that everyone is in bed with each other. This creates conflicts of interest and corruption.
i mean what do you expect? obama has done nothing but please his party and empower those who supported him monetarily so far ... the sad thing is, people are completely blind to it ... i would venture to guess that more than 75% of people who voted for obama dont even know what happened to GM today and what it entails ...

As I use to be. This is all this still relatively new to me, unfortunately I use to think these type of things didn't/shouldn't matter to me. Thatsaid, I wasn't one of those who thought Obama was the second coming. If anything I was suspicious, as we should always be of politicians or those withsimilar influential power imo.

well mangudai, if you are critical of obama in the future be prepared for the classic "o and bush was better" or "insert a form of jack-off.gif" replys ... remember to always check the sources of your information and draw your own conclusions ... and for the record, bush was on par withobamas policies generally ... your last sentence speaks WONDERS about the current state of our countrys political platforms ...

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

they don't have to pick da f-150 just cause..they pick it cuz its one of da best trucks available.
its the best at its purpose,
Chargers,
Magnums,
+Crossfires
serve no purpose, they just have masculine names and marketing schemes
laugh.gif
46225c8e0938b535237a93223fe8210d0208999.jpg

charger's name is obviously from its muscle car roots.
they still serve no purpose
and I think the Cross fire doesn't even fit into any previous car category
laugh.gif

just a bulky gas guzzler
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
do you realize that that da crossfire is just a redesigned benz kompressor? so i dunno where youre getting da "gas guzzler" titlefrom....

step your car knowledge game up.

Quit making it an obama issue. Blame the unethical spending of the big wigs from the BIG 3. Blame Bush. He left us in this big hole all the while makingbillions off us through his oil ventures.

obama helped these idiots with a bailout...Now he's doing what he can to salvage the american car industry. Easy solution...dismantle the current unionstructure, restructure salaries, focus on your bread and butter cars, come out with 2-3 cars tops, and 2-3 truck options. People really only bought chevy andcaddy's off the GM line with a nice Saturn following. Focus on smaller amount and they may have a chance.

Originally Posted by MexicanSoul

Quit making it an obama issue. Blame the unethical spending of the big wigs from the BIG 3. Blame Bush. He left us in this big hole all the while making billions off us through his oil ventures.

obama helped these idiots with a bailout...Now he's doing what he can to salvage the american car industry. Easy solution...dismantle the current union structure, restructure salaries, focus on your bread and butter cars, come out with 2-3 cars tops, and 2-3 truck options. People really only bought chevy and caddy's off the GM line with a nice Saturn following. Focus on smaller amount and they may have a chance.

so whos in charge of enabling GM to be run by the government? YOU ALL ARE MISSING THE BIG ISSUE i dont know how plain i can make it ... obama has no businesscontrolling GM or Chrysler or any other free market company ... and as for the rest of your blabbery, status quo i see ...
indifferent.gif

lol.. A lot of good those billions of bailout dollars when GM ended up doing what they should have done to begin with. Yet another brilliant idea from theObama administration.

^^^Well Said.

To all of you complaining about GM not making cars that you want to buy, wait until you see what Obama wants you to drive. The government tried once before to tell auto makers how to do business, and gave them production plans for the car the the FEDS came up with, and it was UTTER FAILURE. Not to mention this administration is just pulling authority out of their %++$%, no where in our constitution does it give our government or our president this kind of power.

Keep its grubby little HANDS OFF, and let our economy correct itself as it has done many times before. GM has filed bankruptcy before, without giving a 60% share to the Federal Government.

Yes, lets have 0 government interference into our economy. That worked wonderfully for us.

Originally Posted by TrueshotAura

^^^Well Said.

Yes, lets have 0 government interference into our economy. That worked wonderfully for us.
exactly...

we need to find a comfortable medium between no gov interference & alot of gov intereference...

i dont get why some people in this thread really want these companies just to be able to do whatever it is they want to... isnt that what got us in this messin the 1st place

Massive inflation is inevitable imo. Just a matter of time now.
il say at the end of the year or early next year, its gonna hit us. golds already at 980ish

do you realize that that da crossfire is just a redesigned benz kompressor? so i dunno where youre getting da "gas guzzler" title from....

step your car knowledge game up.
Maybe they both don't serve a purpose, people would rather splurge on an import
eyes.gif

A car is the worst investment you can make, we're not talking about logical decisions here.

but I wholeheartedly agree with the argument on the Unions.

Back
Top Bottom