Originally Posted by ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg

grin.gif
StaXX wrote:

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
@ Lil B having a bigger buzz. 
laugh.gif
Same thing I was thinking, those low budget ++! Youtube videos don't get played on TV and HIS songs (not The Pack) don't get played on the radio nationwide

Don't let his Twitter followers and NT stans fool you
grass roots buzzin >>>>>>> machine manufactured label buzz

and Drake can do a Who dat in his sleep.....c'mon
laugh.gif

just da fact that he had to "dumb down" his lyrical approach doesn't mean he can't crank it right back up when he has to.

J cole got no charisma ...and until he grows some he's gonna be on da shelf.

I respectfully disagree, what good is the grass rots buzz if you never get signed and release a retail album? Isn't that the point of getting in this business? There's only so far you can get releasing free mixtapes

Originally Posted by ninjahood

grin.gif
StaXX wrote:

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Same thing I was thinking, those low budget ++! Youtube videos don't get played on TV and HIS songs (not The Pack) don't get played on the radio nationwide

laugh.gif

just da fact that he had to "dumb down" his lyrical approach doesn't mean he can't crank it right back up when he has to.

I respectfully disagree, what good is the grass rots buzz if you never get signed and release a retail album? Isn't that the point of getting in this business? There's only so far you can get releasing free mixtapes

did you forget that da music business in in SHAMBLES? being "signed" isn't important anymore...most rappers make their cake from shows and endorsements

OUTSIDE of music.

ya gotta stop thinking labels are important, them dudes are DYING to have their acts generate as much buzz as lil b does.... rappers being da people's champ

VS being someone that da label force feeds you and has to pull strings left and right to get on this event, open up for ____, pay for play on a major network,

pay to be added on a rotation, etc. at da end of da day, if people aren't feeling you then its all for nothing.

Jcole is da epitome of someone da "label" puts in front of your face to see if you like him...its admirable because their actually believing in someone with

substance, but da fact of da matter is homie is flat out boring....he's da type of dude that rarely rocks red cuz its "too loud"
laugh.gif

http://www.google.com/images?hl=en&q=j+cole&um=1&ie=UTF-8&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&biw=1315&***=917

those are google pics of j cole....you tell me which of ALL those pics in which he's doing anything 
pimp.gif

son got a image problem.....and his flow is matches his persona....boring, lacks passion...he should listen to more tupac, because what pac

lacked in lyrical artillery (which biggie ran circles on him with) he MORE then made up in passion packed versus, that let you EXACTLY how he felt.....

j cole needs more grooming.

grin.gif
StaXX wrote:

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

did you forget that da music business in in SHAMBLES? being "signed" isn't important anymore...most rappers make their cake from shows and endorsements

OUTSIDE of music.

ya gotta stop thinking labels are important, them dudes are DYING to have their acts generate as much buzz as lil b does.... rappers being da people's champ

VS being someone that da label force feeds you and has to pull strings left and right to get on this event, open up for ____, pay for play on a major network,

pay to be added on a rotation, etc. at da end of da day, if people aren't feeling you then its all for nothing.

Jcole is da epitome of someone da "label" puts in front of your face to see if you like him...its admirable because their actually believing in someone with

substance, but da fact of da matter is homie is flat out boring....he's da type of dude that rarely rocks red cuz its "too loud"
laugh.gif

http://www.google.com/images?hl=en&q=j+cole&um=1&ie=UTF-8&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&biw=1315&***=917

those are google pics of j cole....you tell me which of ALL those pics in which he's doing anything 
pimp.gif

son got a image problem.....and his flow is matches his persona....boring, lacks passion...he should listen to more tupac, because what pac

lacked in lyrical artillery (which biggie ran circles on him with) he MORE then made up in passion packed versus, that let you EXACTLY how he felt.....

j cole needs more grooming.

grin.gif
StaXX wrote:

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

what good is a manufactured buzz causing tons of dollars to the label that only amounts to you releasing free mixtapes and always being an opener until your own tour and having K. Michelle open up for you? If J. Cole and Lil B dropped today they would both doing Curren$y numbers. Difference is J. Cole is on a major and was on the Hip Hop awards (with the most boring performance of the night) opened up for Jay-Z nationwide while Lil B did it on his own.

grin.gif
StaXX wrote:

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

what good is a manufactured buzz causing tons of dollars to the label that only amounts to you releasing free mixtapes and always being an opener until your own tour and having K. Michelle open up for you? If J. Cole and Lil B dropped today they would both doing Curren$y numbers. Difference is J. Cole is on a major and was on the Hip Hop awards (with the most boring performance of the night) opened up for Jay-Z nationwide while Lil B did it on his own.

I see what yall saying but again like I said what is the ceiling if you are just a mixtape rapper like Lil B? Whether you're on a major or not you can still do shows, correct? J. Cole is on the road just as much as Lil B doing college shows but it's like yall discredit him because he's signed to Jay-Z

The industry is in shambles which is why there's no hurry for any NEW artist to release an album. J. Cole needs to be put in a studio with proven producers (Pharrell, Ye, Just Blaze etc.) and collab with a good hook maker and he'll be set. The personality/charisma stuff most likely will NEVER come but that doesn't mean he can't be somewhat successful. Look at Clipse, both them #$%#%# have NO charisma/personality whatsoever (I'm talking public persona wise not in their music) and they still had success and have a loyal fanbase

I see what yall saying but again like I said what is the ceiling if you are just a mixtape rapper like Lil B? Whether you're on a major or not you can still do shows, correct? J. Cole is on the road just as much as Lil B doing college shows but it's like yall discredit him because he's signed to Jay-Z

The industry is in shambles which is why there's no hurry for any NEW artist to release an album. J. Cole needs to be put in a studio with proven producers (Pharrell, Ye, Just Blaze etc.) and collab with a good hook maker and he'll be set. The personality/charisma stuff most likely will NEVER come but that doesn't mean he can't be somewhat successful. Look at Clipse, both them #$%#%# have NO charisma/personality whatsoever (I'm talking public persona wise not in their music) and they still had success and have a loyal fanbase

See the thing is Lil B WILL sign somewhere in 2011. And I don't discredit J. Cole. My 1st post in here was he was gonna go to the R&B route. IF he keeps it up with these Miguel type songs he'll be alright and a ladies choice. But if he tries to keep it up with these college life songs w/ no personality and charisma he's already hit his ceiling which is unfortunate for someone with his lyrical ability.

See the thing is Lil B WILL sign somewhere in 2011. And I don't discredit J. Cole. My 1st post in here was he was gonna go to the R&B route. IF he keeps it up with these Miguel type songs he'll be alright and a ladies choice. But if he tries to keep it up with these college life songs w/ no personality and charisma he's already hit his ceiling which is unfortunate for someone with his lyrical ability.

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

I definitely agree with this, he won't sell an album off that college life %+!# alone. That's where producers come in handy which I hope Jay-Z helps him with, let them create the subject and just tell him to spit

I don't know about Lil B though, yall think he has the subject matter to even get a label to sign him? If anything I can see him going the Soulja Boy route, gonna have to create a dance or something cuz ____ on my ____ cuz I look like ______ will not do numbers. Can you imagine an edited Lil B song? 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

I definitely agree with this, he won't sell an album off that college life %+!# alone. That's where producers come in handy which I hope Jay-Z helps him with, let them create the subject and just tell him to spit

I don't know about Lil B though, yall think he has the subject matter to even get a label to sign him? If anything I can see him going the Soulja Boy route, gonna have to create a dance or something cuz ____ on my ____ cuz I look like ______ will not do numbers. Can you imagine an edited Lil B song? 
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
I think if his album is anything like his mixtape 6 Kiss and he creates the controversy buzz with the ___ on my _____ songs and a major push and a few media appearances I can see 50K 1st week and that's all you can hope for with an artist like Lil' B

laugh.gif
I think if his album is anything like his mixtape 6 Kiss and he creates the controversy buzz with the ___ on my _____ songs and a major push and a few media appearances I can see 50K 1st week and that's all you can hope for with an artist like Lil' B

The industry is in shambles which is why there's no hurry for any NEW artist to release an album. J. Cole needs to be put in a studio with proven producers (Pharrell, Ye, Just Blaze etc.) and collab with a good hook maker and he'll be set. The personality/charisma stuff most likely will NEVER come but that doesn't mean he can't be somewhat successful.
your WHOLE approach sounds like your gonna go in da red with a album...just blaze? pharell?
laugh.gif
why would spend that much cake on a artist's production

when he's not generating ANY interest on his own without HEAVY label intervention?

Look at Clipse, both them #$%#%# have NO charisma/personality whatsoever (I'm talking public persona wise not in their music) and they still had success and have a loyal fanbase

08f353fae39739495b9324ddaaeabda963386bc.jpg

laugh.gif

pusha and malice have more swag on their fingernails then jcole has in his whole body PLUS da bars that can

match da backpacker rap lyricism ....listen to their albums...oozes cocaine machismo.

CLIPSE-PUSHA-T.jpg

/argument

The industry is in shambles which is why there's no hurry for any NEW artist to release an album. J. Cole needs to be put in a studio with proven producers (Pharrell, Ye, Just Blaze etc.) and collab with a good hook maker and he'll be set. The personality/charisma stuff most likely will NEVER come but that doesn't mean he can't be somewhat successful.
your WHOLE approach sounds like your gonna go in da red with a album...just blaze? pharell?
laugh.gif
why would spend that much cake on a artist's production

when he's not generating ANY interest on his own without HEAVY label intervention?

Look at Clipse, both them #$%#%# have NO charisma/personality whatsoever (I'm talking public persona wise not in their music) and they still had success and have a loyal fanbase

08f353fae39739495b9324ddaaeabda963386bc.jpg

laugh.gif

pusha and malice have more swag on their fingernails then jcole has in his whole body PLUS da bars that can

match da backpacker rap lyricism ....listen to their albums...oozes cocaine machismo.

CLIPSE-PUSHA-T.jpg

/argument

Is School Daze the only J.Cole song yal ever heard or somethin? J.Cole very rarely raps about college life.

He lacks passion? Seriously? Drake has more passion and charisma than him?
indifferent.gif

I think the problem here is you guys didnt listen to the entire mixtapes and are passing judgement from hearin a few songs here and there.

laugh.gif
 J.Cole no passion yall %@!!$+ is funny

Is School Daze the only J.Cole song yal ever heard or somethin? J.Cole very rarely raps about college life.

He lacks passion? Seriously? Drake has more passion and charisma than him?
indifferent.gif

I think the problem here is you guys didnt listen to the entire mixtapes and are passing judgement from hearin a few songs here and there.

laugh.gif
 J.Cole no passion yall %@!!$+ is funny

When it comes to this music business.... some people know. Most don't

basically.

I'm a personal J. Cole Fan....cool dude in person...even just watching him with some of our mutual friends, I can see what cats are saying...he's not a rah rah type of cat and his charm is mostly because he's humble and quiet and courteous.

Ya'll dont even know the inner workings of the industry to be talking about it like that...there's no way someone is getting signed and then releasing an album 6 months later...you gotta factor in interviews, shows, A&Rs meeting with producers to find the artists sound, all that. some of ya'll sound ridiculous.

Every mixtape he elevates his artistry and that's what I personally look for in an artist. His main selling point is his "everyman" appeal sorta like what Ye had on his first album...and I dont know what ya'll talking about because to me he has the same type of buzz X had before his albums where they were just slaughtering cats on their own stuff. Dude's list of bodies he caught are ridiculous.

"Who Dat" wasnt first single material to me and i think they were gassing him saying the melody reminded them of "Hypnotize". FNL...i think you link him with a cat like Bink, he'd make some serious damage. Dunno if that'll go down due to the old politics between Bink and the Roc before but Cole has that sorta sound to me, hearing him over that "Devil In a New Dress". Artists like him need that straight soulful sound to channel their hunger over.

Ya'll forgetting the point of a label having an artist is to generate bread. He doesnt have the charisma yet, but somehow manages to have relatability and all the ladies think he's attractive. You can't teach charisma and no part of "artist development" can buy that or cultivate that....i dont think he's an overwhelming star like Wiz or Drake regardless of the Roc Nation machine behind him....but dude will be fine...he's not waiting for Jay to give him handouts and he gets a good chunk of change for a show.

He does have the appeal...but no charisma if that makes sense...there's no sense of mystery with him and in that he's like an Eminem to where you cant really say anything about him because he's said it already compared to a Jay where he's naturally a private person.

Give him Bink and ya'll hop right back on his jock.

When it comes to this music business.... some people know. Most don't

basically.

I'm a personal J. Cole Fan....cool dude in person...even just watching him with some of our mutual friends, I can see what cats are saying...he's not a rah rah type of cat and his charm is mostly because he's humble and quiet and courteous.

Ya'll dont even know the inner workings of the industry to be talking about it like that...there's no way someone is getting signed and then releasing an album 6 months later...you gotta factor in interviews, shows, A&Rs meeting with producers to find the artists sound, all that. some of ya'll sound ridiculous.

Every mixtape he elevates his artistry and that's what I personally look for in an artist. His main selling point is his "everyman" appeal sorta like what Ye had on his first album...and I dont know what ya'll talking about because to me he has the same type of buzz X had before his albums where they were just slaughtering cats on their own stuff. Dude's list of bodies he caught are ridiculous.

"Who Dat" wasnt first single material to me and i think they were gassing him saying the melody reminded them of "Hypnotize". FNL...i think you link him with a cat like Bink, he'd make some serious damage. Dunno if that'll go down due to the old politics between Bink and the Roc before but Cole has that sorta sound to me, hearing him over that "Devil In a New Dress". Artists like him need that straight soulful sound to channel their hunger over.

Ya'll forgetting the point of a label having an artist is to generate bread. He doesnt have the charisma yet, but somehow manages to have relatability and all the ladies think he's attractive. You can't teach charisma and no part of "artist development" can buy that or cultivate that....i dont think he's an overwhelming star like Wiz or Drake regardless of the Roc Nation machine behind him....but dude will be fine...he's not waiting for Jay to give him handouts and he gets a good chunk of change for a show.

He does have the appeal...but no charisma if that makes sense...there's no sense of mystery with him and in that he's like an Eminem to where you cant really say anything about him because he's said it already compared to a Jay where he's naturally a private person.

Give him Bink and ya'll hop right back on his jock.

Originally Posted by bittersweet

Originally Posted by MusicalExcellence

Originally Posted by Addict4Sneakers

bittersweet wrote:
So ... we're going to act like Drake can make a 'Who Dat'?

That #*%%% on ANY Drake single, HIP-HOP/RAP wise. Period.

Drake makes 'songs' because he's a SINGER, Cudi makes 'songs' because he's a SINGER.

I don't think you've listened to his tapes of you're saying Cole doesn't have personality.
you act as if Who Dat is on some G Thang type level of impact.

something would have happened already for dude if Who Dat was that dope
Something like what? He has no album out yet, he's already signed with Jay. 
What more do you guys want RIGHT NOW? 

drake was signed after j cole wasnt he? his album been out for 6 months... what's holdin mr cole back? u guys say it isnt his music then it has to be something... (waits for yall to blame jay-z at which point i will exit the thread permanently)
You really think Drake was signed after Cole?
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

You know less about the industry than I thought TIME.  
30t6p3b.gif

And dude said "something would have happened already if dude was that dope" ... 

i'm speaking in terms of Who Dat being "that dope," not Cole himself.

you made it seem like Who Dat was on some super lyrical-only Cole-can-make type stuff.

Originally Posted by MusicalExcellence

Originally Posted by Addict4Sneakers

bittersweet wrote:
So ... we're going to act like Drake can make a 'Who Dat'?

That #*%%% on ANY Drake single, HIP-HOP/RAP wise. Period.

Drake makes 'songs' because he's a SINGER, Cudi makes 'songs' because he's a SINGER.

I don't think you've listened to his tapes of you're saying Cole doesn't have personality.
you act as if Who Dat is on some G Thang type level of impact.

something would have happened already for dude if Who Dat was that dope
Something like what? He has no album out yet, he's already signed with Jay. 
What more do you guys want RIGHT NOW? 

drake was signed after j cole wasnt he? his album been out for 6 months... what's holdin mr cole back? u guys say it isnt his music then it has to be something... (waits for yall to blame jay-z at which point i will exit the thread permanently)
You really think Drake was signed after Cole?
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

You know less about the industry than I thought TIME.  
30t6p3b.gif

And dude said "something would have happened already if dude was that dope" ... 

i'm speaking in terms of Who Dat being "that dope," not Cole himself.

you made it seem like Who Dat was on some super lyrical-only Cole-can-make type stuff.

no matter how nice you are, boring doesn't work in hiphop...even kanye's first album son was runnin around wit fitted pink polos and LV

backpacks wit a massive rocafella cuban link....

i like cole, but son needs to chill around some vets and open up lines for collabs..that should get him outta that vanilla shell.

no matter how nice you are, boring doesn't work in hiphop...even kanye's first album son was runnin around wit fitted pink polos and LV

backpacks wit a massive rocafella cuban link....

i like cole, but son needs to chill around some vets and open up lines for collabs..that should get him outta that vanilla shell.

Back
Top Bottom