[:: J. COLE THREAD | DREAMVILLE's ROTD3 ALBUM OUT NOW!! ::]

I don't think we can be thoroughly surprised when quite a few of these tracks end up on his major release...
eyes.gif

Cole is STILL doing super small shows.

Originally Posted by Ben Roethlisberger

Originally Posted by jthagreat

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

Originally Posted by jthagreat

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

makes you wonder if we'd really care if dude wasn't on Roc Nation...

He's NICE...but how nice is he?

VERY

if he put out lackluster music, you could ask this. but he rarely puts out songs that i dont like. And what has being on RocNation done cept cause you to give it that first listen?

and the songs on the Warm up were made before he signed...u like those right? exactly.

I really only checked out the Warm Up because he was signed to Roc Nation. You'd be lying to think that the Jay-Z cosign didnt force you to look deeper into what he was offering and accept it more.

to look deeper? no , cause i never heard of him till the signing. peeped his music and liked it. end of story.

did you know obie trice before em?
Kanye before Jay?
b sig?
F!!! did you listen to Em before Dre? 50?

music wit a meaning (he's not even a mainstream "type" artist) is not hard to resonate wit someone(me) who actually likes lyrics with a message. Word to Lupe, Beautiful struggle Talib.

stop what youre tryin to do
wink.gif
Exactly.

And to be honest, I heard The Come up pretty close to when it dropped and thought it was nice. Then The Warm Up dropped and I had'nt even heard that he signed with Roc Nation and thought it was one of the best mixtapes I've ever heard.

With or without Jay, shouldnt matter, dude is the truth.
pimp.gif

This is very true. I'm just saying I don't know if I'd be such a fan if I hadn't heard of dude right when the Warm Up came out with the Roc Co-sign...

but back to the appreciation:

"Back to the topic. Actually forgot it. !%%'s, money, I'm the #**$, oh ya I'm reminded"
pimp.gif

^You obviously got a different time line as far as the the cosign and that mixtape since at that time Drake's thread was like 200 pages already.

The Warm Up was out months before the Roc Nation allegiance though. This thread was like 50+ pages at that time and that's what made me give it a listen.

Jay/Roc Nation's cosign doesnt mean %@%@ honestly...
Jay isn't promoting any artist, besides Willow...
Jays given Drake more cosignage than he has Cole.
Range.. Rita Ora.. Jay Electronica.. all of those mean nothing to Jay really.
Rihanna is signed to Roc Nation Management? and do yall expect her to put up some numbers when she drops?
Same for Kanye..
His artist promote themselves.
Cole is really building a decent buzz though...
That song with Miguel helped more than anything the past year honestly.
as for this mixtape.. its dope af.
Possibly the dopest mixtape released this year.

What's most impressive is dude has increased his fanbase without having to differ much from his original style.  He's definitely improved, but he hasnt tried to change or become more "mainstream" at all.

I'm feeling the entire tape can't wait for the album. If I'm not mistaken isn't NO ID helping with the production on the album where as on most of these mixtape tracks it has just been Cole.

I listened to the tape, great music, but it really doesn't have any replay value for me.
I listened to it one time through and enjoyed the music but I don't have the desire to run it back again.
Really do respect son's grind and persistence however.
He hasn't changed at all since he first got in the game and now he's developed that core fan base.

Originally Posted by awwsome

I listened to the tape, great music, but it really doesn't have any replay value for me.
I listened to it one time through and enjoyed the music but I don't have the desire to run it back again.
Same way I feel.

Originally Posted by vezon

Same way I feel.
I feel like this more with the Warm Up. This new mixtape will really get more spins from me. There is more MUSIC on this mixtape than the Warm Up which was just songs... theres a difference.
laugh.gif

That being said... the mixtape of the year is still K.R.I.T Wuz Here.  I just wish people were more open minded to realize how much of a classic Big KRIT made.

Mixtape is his best yet imo.. saw some people not liking his use of samples, but I loved IT! and Wale
eek.gif
.. definitely appreciated..

He hasn't changed at all since he first got in the game and now he's developed that core fan base.

My sentiments exactly. The only sing I might play from time due to the chorus and some lines being stuck in my head is In The Morning.

roll.gif
@ Rhester. I have no problems with you Optimus, and won't knock K.R.I.T's tape (Because I definitely didn't listen to it
laugh.gif
), but really, you don't have to bring son up so much. Anyone that hasn't heard his $#!+ by now most likely doesn't want to.

the warm up > the come up > friday night lights. bought tickets to see him on the 25th though. his other songs (problems, im coming home, etc.) that aren't on friday night lights were/ are
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom