[:: J. COLE THREAD | DREAMVILLE's ROTD3 ALBUM OUT NOW!! ::]

Originally Posted by Im Not You

Originally Posted by TheKidFrankie

After listening to the tape I will say this. J cole Can RAP but he cant make songs.....

I said that before this tape...
But FNL is a step in the right direction. 
yeah he has moved in the right direction...i actually think that the joint with Wale is prolly the best "song" he has made in terms of I guess radio format
"You Got It " is miles ahead of "Who Dat", more structured than "Blow Up" more feel goody than Lights Please....just right for urban radio i think

he has a few other "songs" on here that IMO are album material but not as many as some other people may say 

"Farewell" does something to me
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

The emotion on that track is HEAVY 
tired.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

Anyone else get sorta mad listening to "See World"? ...
30t6p3b.gif

its an emotional song that happens to be true. SAD.

I dont think "pain" has ever been sampled wrong.

from Ja Rule, Bank (mixtape), Cole, im sure im missing others. all Dope.

Show last night was
pimp.gif

It was kinda weak that the place only holds about 300-350 people, and it was only about half full. 
tired.gif

Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

Ugh
30t6p3b.gif

The piano on "Friday Night Lights" is beautiful....

Ive listened to this the most. Anybody else get that feeling when he starts speaking towards the end? Like that feeling you can do whatever you wanna do as long as you put ya mind to it?
pimp.gif

Cole World >

Originally Posted by ChiTownRivera07

"Farewell" does something to me
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

The emotion on that track is HEAVY 
tired.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
my current favorite

"but we winked at all the girls then went back to the crib thinkin we had saw the world. No sir."

After listening to the tape I will say this. J cole Can RAP but he cant make songs.....

Huh?! J. Cole cant make songs?! What the hell have you been listening to?!

Seriously this statement is usually my contention with a lot of rappers.  Sure they can spit but they can't make a good song with two to three coherent verse and a hook. I truly believe this is lacking in hip-hop today.  However, one of the main reasons that I am a fan of J. Cole is because of his ability to make songs!. On the Come Up (which I listened to after the Warm up) it was clear that he could spit but was not polished in song making. On The Warm Up he clearly proved he could make songs with tracks like Lights Please (great execturion), I Get Up, Can I Live, Dollar & A Dream II, World Is Empty, Get Away, Dreams, Losing My Balance etc.  I mean I could go on with more songs off that mixtape alone that all show damn good song making ability.  

So to label Cole as not being able to make good songs and just a spitter or to even insinuate that he JUST started making songs on this recent mixtape is absolutely absurd and I seriously have to question what exactly you were listening to or what your definition of a good song is.

Gave this *%%* a spin...it's dope...
Yeah, I definitely agree with the general sentiment that he can rap...but he's not a song maker...

I also notice that he's constantly good, rarely average, and never bad...but he's never GREAT either...

pimp.gif
I love this tape. Cole is putting out tapes better than most albums.

I have barely listened to the 'Ye album, as I can't stop listening to Cole. Getting to see him a week ago in concert was unreal, and definitely need to see him again.

I hope he blows up. I honestly rank him in my top ten right now. I just hope he never sells out, only thing I'm worried about.

The past two months have been the best span of music i've ever experienced. Getting to see Eminem and Jay-Z in one night, seeing Cudi a month later, and then Cole a month later. Great albums from Cudi and Ye and a great mixtape from Cole. I couldn't ask for a better 2010 when it comes to music.

So hopefully Lupe actually comes out in March, and Cole drops Feb/March like he said. 2010 was not a bad year for music at all.

Originally Posted by FlatbushFiyah23

Huh?! J. Cole cant make songs?! What the hell have you been listening to?!

Seriously this statement is usually my contention with a lot of rappers.  Sure they can spit but they can't make a good song with two to three coherent verse and a hook. I truly believe this is lacking in hip-hop today.  However, one of the main reasons that I am a fan of J. Cole is because of his ability to make songs!. On the Come Up (which I listened to after the Warm up) it was clear that he could spit but was not polished in song making. On The Warm Up he clearly proved he could make songs with tracks like Lights Please (great execturion), I Get Up, Can I Live, Dollar & A Dream II, World Is Empty, Get Away, Dreams, Losing My Balance etc.  I mean I could go on with more songs off that mixtape alone that all show damn good song making ability.  

So to label Cole as not being able to make good songs and just a spitter or to even insinuate that he JUST started making songs on this recent mixtape is absolutely absurd and I seriously have to question what exactly you were listening to or what your definition of a good song is.

QFT

Lights Please, I Get up, and Losing My Balance all could've been singles in my book
Cole definately has a hunger to get better.. and to be honest he keeps getting better
If this tape is the throwaways from the album
eek.gif
..What more can we expect?

^Sure bro. whatever yall say =). If he could make a complete, Good song...not just verses.....His album would probably be out by now

"who dat who dat" ....yeaa, sure he makes good COMPLETE SONGS.
laugh.gif

^Sure bro. whatever yall say =). If he could make a complete, Good song...not just verses.....His album would probably be out by now

"who dat who dat" ....yeaa, sure he makes good COMPLETE SONGS.
laugh.gif

Wait.. what the *@%$ are you listening to? Cole puts out mixtapes better than peoples albums.. smh

Originally Posted by Dapper D

Gave this *%%* a spin...it's dope...
Yeah, I definitely agree with the general sentiment that he can rap...but he's not a song maker...

I also notice that he's constantly good, rarely average, and never bad...but he's never GREAT either...

So we gonna act like Beautiful Bliss never happened (or haveyou not heard that)
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Cole is never GREAT? Cole can't make songs?

Are we listening to the same %$%@?!?! "Maybe I'm buggin' out, maybe I'm on the spaceship".

Back
Top Bottom