[:: J. COLE THREAD | DREAMVILLE's ROTD3 ALBUM OUT NOW!! ::]

Originally Posted by Tha Flashy One

J. Cole's time at Roc Nation could be coming to an abrupt close.

HipHopWired is reporting that Jay-Z has told the rapper to deliver the album or get the boot.

Just last week Cole spoke about the album nearing completion.

"I know my fans are frustrated with me, because I won't give a date," Cole said."I only gave a date one time in my career last year, and I smacked myself in the face because it was so unrealistic. Now I say it's coming soon, and it's really true, because we're in the final stages right now."

After two years looks like Hov wants a return on his investment.

HipHopWired doesn't know anything. They just made that up based on off of this intv. Article's misspelling words and part of Bossip.com.

Regardless, it is safe to assume, without "insiders revealing," that the label wants a project out of him. Looking forward to whatever comes of it.

Originally Posted by JD161616

J. Cole's time at Roc Nation could be coming to an abrupt close.

HipHopWired is reporting that Jay-Z has told the rapper to deliver the album or get the boot.

"I know my fans are frustrated with me, because I won't give a date," Cole said."I only gave a date one time in my career last year, and I smacked myself in the face because it was so unrealistic. Now I say it's coming soon, and it's really true, because we're in the final stages right now."

HipHopWired doesn't know anything. They just made that up based on off of this intv. Article's misspelling words and part of Bossip.com.

Regardless, it is safe to assume, without "insiders revealing," that the label wants a project out of him. Looking forward to whatever comes of it.
So ya'll think Cole has been holding the album up all this time? if anything i thought it was the label...i'm confused
ohwell.gif

I kind of doubt that Hov story is true. I mean FNL was > 90% of albums released last year and could have been his album. Dude has had no problem dropping great tracks all over the place. If that's true I'd be very surprised.

Originally Posted by Cragmatic

I kind of doubt that Hov story is true. I mean FNL was > 90% of albums released last year and could have been his album. Dude has had no problem dropping great tracks all over the place. If that's true I'd be very surprised.

I am with you man I highly doubt that "story".

J. Cole's
time at Roc Nation could be coming to an abrupt close.

eek.gif
Damn..

Cole World's never coming out is it...

Who Dat
Higher
Disgusting

Those are the singles?

This is the saddest thing I've ever seen. I mean Wiz Khalifa got an album out? Waka Flocka's gonna have a 2nd album before Cole drops.

It's a dag on shame...

Originally Posted by GolfAlphaBravoEcho

Who Dat
Higher
Disgusting

Those are the singles?

This is the saddest thing I've ever seen. I mean Wiz Khalifa got an album out? Waka Flocka's gonna have a 2nd album before Cole drops.

It's a dag on shame...
indifferent.gif

guess u been living under a rock huh fam
all it takes is a lil reading.... trust me it is not as bad as it sounds

Originally Posted by Ace Rawstein

Who Dat
Higher
Disgusting

Those are the singles?

It's a dag on shame...
indifferent.gif

all it takes is a lil reading.... trust me it is not as bad as it sounds

laugh.gif
 dude seriously has no idea what he is talking about. No one ever mentioned higher or disgusting as actual singles. 

pimp.gif
 this song is nice.

Who Dat
Higher
Disgusting

Those are the singles?

It's a dag on shame...
Who cares about who comes out first or had more albums?! What matters is quality. I would rather Cole take as long as he has and develop as an artist and actually put out a good album which is what hip-hop needs.

Quality over quanity any day.

actual singles

A "street" single or a "b-side" is still a single.

Yo why do yall get so defensive on here. I'm a fan since "I Get Up". But if you look at the "singles" or whatever you want to call them from J. Cole then you'd have to agree with me that no studio is going to release an album that can't generate a buzz.

That's all I'm saying.

J. Cole hasn't produced a song that's been able to really capture the ears of the masses. And without that Friday Night Lights is gonna be the best that we can get.

Stop it....

I been waiting as long as yall have, but you gotta face the facts. Google "J. Cole October 26th" and get back to me.

Geez.

And since you wanna hate, hate on this. I'm a BIG fan and I can tell you this. J. Cole has NEVER made a song that would be successful as a single in today's market. Not on Come Up, not on Warm Up, not on Blow Up not on Ninja From tha 'Ville, not on American Dreamin. Not one, not never.  Okay, that was a bit much.  "Lights Please" might have done well, there's a couple that maybe could have caught on with the right timing.  But J Cole has never made a song that I thought would ever really do well on the radio.    Spare me your opinions on what's good vs. what's on the radio.  If you're not on the radio your album's not coming out.  Ask B.o.B. Currency and Wiz Khalifa about that.

Back
Top Bottom