[:: J. COLE THREAD | DREAMVILLE's ROTD3 ALBUM OUT NOW!! ::]

Proud of Cole. I was a late fan of the Cole movement, but this guy reps the rap game right now for me. Hope he gets better and better.

Originally Posted by 1NyceBalla

Im a Cole fanboy and waited a long time for this album but tell you the truth...I'm not really feeling it
ohwell.gif
...maybe the more I listen I'll like it but right now its just average. I was looking more for the straight spittin heat Cole...not the song for the females type cole...it was a couple tracks that he went in on though...

The Warm Up>>>Anything Cole has every put out

But Im happy to see him making sales and having this many fans...
I will admit, to date, no other project he's released has given me that feeling The Warm Up did and still does.

Dollar and a Dream Part 3 is bananas. The beat is 
sick.gif
. Great way to start off the album. 
Just noticed this line in the second verse
laugh.gif

I let you feel like the *%*!, buy boy you can't out-fart me

Originally Posted by MrYoungMoney

Man, every song I heard from J.Cole has just been ehhh. 
Not hating or nothing but can someone point me in the right direction? 

Youtube, mixtapes, anything? 

I'm trying to get an idea of what kinda' music he brings to my table... 

Help me out fam'!
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif
Return of simba
heartache
young simba (first of the simba trilogy)
school daze
dreams (funny @%@ track)
Autograph
Too deep for the intro
Before I'm gone
Can I live
Enchanted
2Face
I Get Up (Listen to this if you don't listen to anything else)
Throw it Up
Hold it Down
Losing my balance
Can't Cry
Carolina on my mind
Rags to Riches
Get it

ATL concert with my homies and girl!!

I swear i tried putting anybody i knew on J.Cole. Any criticism they offered i put another song on and let them divulge in real life rap.

OH SNAP, not to mention when we blowing L's and IM THE DJ>>

i know someone feels me lol i pull out my phone and its nothing but Cole World and i know someone's head is gonna be nodding or saying rewind that ++++!

Originally Posted by af1 1982

sick.gif
laugh.gif

That line is trash.

The way I feel right now is... this album is NOT better than any of his mixtapes. But that was expected. I been saying that for a minute. However, it's still full of tracks that are better than the #+!$ other rappers are putting out. Even though this album is not up to J. Cole standards, he's still the best rapper doin' it right now.
There's 4 exceptional tracks (Lost Ones, Breakdown, Rise And Shine, Dollar & A Dream III).

There's 7 nice tracks (Can't Get Enough, Lights Please, Mr. Nice Watch, Cole World, God's Gift, Nothing Lasts Forever, Sideline Story).

There's 2 tracks are whatever (Nobody's Perfect, Daddy's Little Girl).

I don't care much for "In The Morning" or "Never Told."

One thing that pisses me off is the fact that "Before I'm Gone" and "Farewell" weren't on the album?
It makes almost as little sense as Kanye West's raps.
I don't understand why. Those tracks are straight perfection.

it only take one person to say the album is disappointing, then the next 10/12 reply will be i agree.
laugh.gif
sheep boys

Originally Posted by Cole World 22

Originally Posted by Put em up

it only take one person to say the album is disappointing, then the next 10/12 reply will be i agree.
laugh.gif
sheep boys

Yup. Damn college dropouts.

What in all thats holy on zeus' front yard are you talking about? 
I have a college degree and this album sucks to me. 

The album is good but not great. The lyrics and concepts are great. Some of the beats and hooks are lack replay value. My favorite two tracks from J.Cole are on Friday Night Lights "Enchanted" and "Higher". I will cop it, It will be only the second rap album of the year for me with Game "Red album" being the other. He set the bar up for Drake, so hopefully his next album will be even better

Originally Posted by af1 1982

sick.gif
laugh.gif

That line is trash.

The way I feel right now is... this album is NOT better than any of his mixtapes. But that was expected. I been saying that for a minute. However, it's still full of tracks that are better than the #+!$ other rappers are putting out. Even though this album is not up to J. Cole standards, he's still the best rapper doin' it right now.
There's 4 exceptional tracks (Lost Ones, Breakdown, Rise And Shine, Dollar & A Dream III).

There's 7 nice tracks (Can't Get Enough, Lights Please, Mr. Nice Watch, Cole World, God's Gift, Nothing Lasts Forever, Sideline Story).

I don't care much for "In The Morning" or "Never Told."

One thing that pisses me off is the fact that "Before I'm Gone" and "Farewell" weren't on the album?
It makes almost as little sense as Kanye West's raps.
I don't understand why. Those tracks are straight perfection.

I never said the line was good fam, notice the laughing face 
wink.gif

I just think it's hilarious when rappers talk about bowel movements and whatnot

Originally Posted by sillyputty

Originally Posted by Put em up

laugh.gif
sheep boys

Yup. Damn college dropouts.

What in all thats holy on zeus' front yard are you talking about? 
I have a college degree and this album sucks to me. 

It's not you. Son stays telling us how much he hates any and all music made by Kanye West, either outright or subtly.

He hates Kanye's music, says J. Cole is much better, thinks Kanye sucks at rapping, but yet brings it up every time in this thread, the irony.

Originally Posted by Rafool

He hates Kanye's music, says J. Cole is much better, thinks Kanye sucks at rapping, but yet brings it up every time in this thread, the irony.
Dude also thinks Cole > 2pac so....
Gonna be proud of Jermaine when he goes number 1
pimp.gif
. He deserves it. Not necessarily for the album itself,I'm not loving it as much as some of you but it's not terrible, but for all the work he's put in. Just hope that uses that success to try and make the best music possible and go harder than he did on this album.

your opinion has been revoked... ok tracks
laugh.gif
kys

Why is there so much hate for Cole. It's a solid debut album. Musically and lyrically, it is a solid album. For Cole it might not be better than the Warm Up or FNL, but for hip hop, the album is flames.

Like said before, Cole is one of the few rappers out there that I can actually relate with. Just listening to the Warm Up this morning and I feel like I grew up with the dude. All opinions aside about the album, you got to show him respect. Dude works his butt off, is super humble, and actually "made it". Let the dude shine.

With that being said, congrats on the album and success Cole
pimp.gif
. He deserves every ounce of success he gets

I think some people who are criticizing this album don't realize how good it is musically and lyrically indeed. They have expectations that it should sound like The Warm Up or FNL. I love both mixtapes but CW has a great album feel and that's what he needed to deliver as an artist (a complete body of album quality tracks). Both of those aforementioned mixtapes have a ton of them but not in its entirety.

The most refreshing thing in my opinion about listening to this album is the diversity in content which is severely lacking in today's hip-hop climate. As a fan I wanted this album to sound like an ALBUM not a mixtape and Cole executed that well with his debut.

Back
Top Bottom