[:: J. COLE THREAD | DREAMVILLE's ROTD3 ALBUM OUT NOW!! ::]

That I Dissapointed Nas track sounds like it could really be something :pimp:

Was hoping for a Kendrick feature on the album :\

^Damn Rosenberg messed up the title. SMH and I totally get Cole's point about not wanting stuff like that to come out. I am intrigued to know what the name of the track is now but honestly I would rather just wait til I listen to the album.

^Damn Rosenberg messed up the title. SMH and I totally get Cole's point about not wanting stuff like that to come out. I am intrigued to know what the name of the track is now but honestly I would rather just wait til I listen to the album.

Remember the good old days were you can hear a track for the first time and have no idea what it was about until you heard it for the first time. Social media and leaks of really killed the album listening experience. Its the reason why I'm not listening to anything from cole outside of Truly Yours and Power Trip. Its why I'm not listening to anything from Kanye until the whole album leaks.

Remember the good old days were you can hear a track for the first time and have no idea what it was about until you heard it for the first time. Social media and leaks of really killed the album listening experience. Its the reason why I'm not listening to anything from cole outside of Truly Yours and Power Trip. Its why I'm not listening to anything from Kanye until the whole album leaks.

Yup makes me feel old to say that I do remember that experience :lol:

I agree with you 100% though....I have become the same way when it comes to listening to albums where I only listen to the first single and anything unreleased that won't be on the album. I hate when the listening experience is ruined by hearing too many songs without hearing it in the flow of the alum. I don't mind also reading about concepts of songs that will be on the album but sometimes even giving away info about the title of the song is a bit much IMO.

Confirmed for the 2nd time, no one but Cole is rapping on the album.
But he said there would be Great futures.
Hopefully Cudi is one of them, because I know they had studio sessions together...and none of those ended up on Indicud.

I have no problem with no rap features on the album as long as there are not too many R&B features. I wouldn't have minded a Kendrick verse but too many rap albums today are oversaturated with features from other hip-hop artists.
kendrick verses will be saved for their collab album.

The Kendrick and Cole project is going to turn out just like Nas.Com or CRS album or Detox.. I'm started to feel that it's never going to happen. It's starting to feel like a tool these artist use to keep us stans anticipating something that's never coming, something we can hang on to and have hope for, hopefully they prove me wrong.

Wiz and curren$y can get together and do a live in concert joint, and we've been waiting on this K&J collab for a couple years now, ever since we all heard that weak, video store front, school boy corona sippin, temptation version.

The Kendrick and Cole project is going to turn out just like Nas.Com or CRS album or Detox.. I'm started to feel that it's never going to happen. It's starting to feel like a tool these artist use to keep us stans anticipating something that's never coming, something we can hang on to and have hope for, hopefully they prove me wrong.

Wiz and curren$y can get together and do a live in concert joint, and we've been waiting on this K&J collab for a couple years now, ever since we all heard that weak, video store front, school boy corona sippin, temptation version.
nah its happening j cole said a couple of month ago kendrick part is done but the label wanted it to be a album instead of a mixtape so its probably coming the end of this year.

I'm still going to be doubtful until I'm listening to the finished product. But i've heard them talking about it recently, and i remember when they dropped some pictures from the bus when they were working on it, plus that old video of studio footage that was released... It's just good **** like this doesn't happen to often, so i'm not getting my hopes up until it drops.

It's possibly going to feel like how dudes felt in the late 90's when Blackstar came out.. 

that weak, video store front, school boy corona sippin, temptation version.

:rofl: :rofl:

Last edited:

I actually think it'll drop, as a mixtape though.

Gotta remember kendrick was working on his Album, toured, and Cole had to finish up with Born Sinner, i can see the album coming out 4th quarter cause Kendrick said he wouldn't drop an album this year.

I actually think it'll drop, as a mixtape though.

Gotta remember kendrick was working on his Album, toured, and Cole had to finish up with Born Sinner, i can see the album coming out 4th quarter cause Kendrick said he wouldn't drop an album this year.

Exactly

Probably shouldn't even compare the two at this point anymore and not just cuz Cole is better. Wale clearly has the better pr team when it comes to going through with his albums now that he's messing with MMG.

Last edited:
^^ first album I would have agreed with you, but I feel Cole is doing a superb job of promoting this time around. And it's without Ross or somebody constantly consigning. It's just him and his team. But then again I'm biased.

J cole album droping the same day as kanye is. A great promotion, I sense a j cole upset over kanye.

Back
Top Bottom