[:: J. COLE THREAD | DREAMVILLE's ROTD3 ALBUM OUT NOW!! ::]

Dunno why its hard to believe Cole sold all them records himself. He has a huge fanbase that's probably half female and y'all know women buy albums.

Give the man his props and put the conspiracy theories down for a second.

I didn't want to say what was just said right now about jay buying records but....... No. im going to keep it hush and think positive and hope those were from fans and not a company sham.

Have ya been to a Cole event? Claiming the label bought the albums themselves is ludicrous.

How the world works, someone does good, people question it, someone does bad, everyone expects it, intensifies it.

Lmao just like they said Birdman buy Wayne CDs lol y'all will believe in anything , Fool just come in this thread just to troll .. Appreciated the state of Hiphop ... Just waiting for Kendrick to do the same numbers .

The fact my brother bought the album tells me it's legit [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji] dude don't buy albums at all

The fact my brother bought the album tells me it's legit [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji] dude don't buy albums at all
My cousin said the last album he bought was Teflon don and he bought this. Word got around real fast about his album tho all over social media that its [emoji]128293[/emoji]

My cousin said the last album he bought was Teflon don and he bought this. Word got around real fast about his album tho all over social media that its [emoji]128293[/emoji]

Yeah, this was the promo. Make it seem like he's putting out raw music, no promo or singles. Had everyone going out to support and hopefully make a difference. Also had some great interviews, was at the protest and stuff. Very impressed with the numbers and the process.

Beyonce and Kanye's last albums were similar with the no promo. There's were a little different, J Cole made himself appear to be like the common people and relatable. It works and we'll be seeing a lot more of this.

1. Olobuwale is booty. Of course, he won't do 200+ first week. He has a fanbase but is his music anticipated? No.

2. Congrats Jermaine! The real is back! Cole did 353K+ because he's a highly anticipated artist and the 3 week announcement before the release of the album is what boosted it. If artists can somehow can keep their music from leaking, this would solve alot of album sales issues. At least initial sales.

waiting for that FHD tour 
nthat.gif

1. Olobuwale is booty. Of course, he won't do 200+ first week. He has a fanbase but is his music anticipated? No.

2. Congrats Jermaine! The real is back! Cole did 353K+ because he's a highly anticipated artist and the 3 week announcement before the release of the album is what boosted it. If artists can somehow can keep their music from leaking, this would solve alot of album sales issues. At least initial sales.
roll.gif
Man put the man whole govt name

Heart beating fast let a ***** know that he aliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiivvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fake ******, man, snakes, snakes in the grass let a ***** know that he

arrriiiiiiiiiiiivvvvvvvveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeedddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

waiting for that FHD tour :nthat:

I definitely have to go see him this time around. Last time I saw him was when he was doing the college circuit before SS dropped, dope show because he did all of the mixtape stuff and he was still young in the game.

Heart beating fast let a ***** know that he aliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiivvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fake ******, man, snakes, snakes in the grass let a ***** know that he

arrriiiiiiiiiiiivvvvvvvveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeedddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Was blasting this on my way to work this morning!!

ITS BEAUTY IN THE STRUGGLE... UGLINESS IN THE SUCCESS... HEAR MY WORDS AND LISTEN TO MY SIGNAL OF DISTRESS!

If Cole hits a new high in #s expect to see Jay chilling with him all of a sudden.
^
QFT. Idk why this dude is out with T.Swift for a bday when his own boy just made numbers..... am I missing something here?
Im not knocking the boy. If he sold, he sold. I tuned him out when he came out with those singles like "crooked smile" I just wasn't feelin it. I liked his mix tape when he came out which was "cole world" then I was like meh. But ill give this new album a listen. See what you guys are talking about.

Last edited:
I actually think the fact Jay and Cole arent all buddy buddy was necessary for Cole. I think Jay was doing Cole a favor by being absent or distant in public perception.

As it stands at this very moment, Cole is his own man. He built a following, a catalog, a brand all on his own. If you rocking with Cole today its cuz you are a fan of him not because he is Jay's protege or signed to Roc Nation.

Jay being absent allowed Cole to shine on his own. If Jay is more in the picture now, sure you can say its for his personal gain but at the same time why cant it be that Cole has solidified his place in the game and Jay being more visible wont have a negative impact on Cole's career as it would have earlier on? If Jay was around holding Cole hand the past 5 years, Cole would just be more "hot"... i doubt the connection with fans would exist like it does now.

I actually think the fact Jay and Cole arent all buddy buddy was necessary for Cole. I think Jay was doing Cole a favor by being absent or distant in public perception.

As it stands at this very moment, Cole is his own man. He built a following, a catalog, a brand all on his own. If you rocking with Cole today its cuz you are a fan of him not because he is Jay's protege or signed to Roc Nation.

Jay being absent allowed Cole to shine on his own. If Jay is more in the picture now, sure you can say its for his personal gain but at the same time why cant it be that Cole has solidified his place in the game and Jay being more visible wont have a negative impact on Cole's career as it would have earlier on? If Jay was around holding Cole hand the past 5 years, Cole would just be more "hot"... i doubt the connection with fans would exist like it does now.
I agree.

Look at the whole "Dreamville" movement now.  It's amazing how much his following has grown.

J. COLE has set a new SPOTIFY record for 2014 with his new DREAMVILLE/ROC NATION/COLUMBIA album, "2014 Forest Hills Drive," being streamed 15.7 million times in its debut week, the most first-week streams for any album this year. The previous record was set by another COLUMBIA RECORDS act, ONE DIRECTION, with 11.5 million streams of "Four" in its debut week in NOVEMBER. - See more at: http://www.allaccess.com/net-news/a...ify-record?ref=mail_news#sthash.4dmntK4j.dpuf

Dude running with the boy bands :lol:

Last edited:
15.7 mil = roughly 15,000 sales? Let me know how that works :lol:

guess its better than everyone just downloading illegally...

Album is def solid. My 2nd favorite behind YG's for this year. His best one he's put out. Let's slow down on the classic talk though. Good album. We want Cole to make a classic "Album" so much that we haven't realized he's already out one out.

Friday Night Lights is his best body of work. It just doesn't not called an "Album"

I agree.

Look at the whole "Dreamville" movement now.  It's amazing how much his following has grown.
Yea, look what happened to everyone else of his protege sans Ye

Memphis Bleek

All of Rocafella

They all diminished once the Roc was done.

^^^^All real talk. Cole is rare in this day and age for the simple fact that he does ground work. Literally. like feet on the ground and actually touching people. I remember his dollar and a dream tour...he had dope-boys in Baltimore who you would never think messed with him at his show.....with the college kids, regular ppl, backpackers etc etc.

He's not even big on social media. Same with Kendrick. Cole built his following from the ground up and really has a connection with his fans because he's truly the realest rapper. (All due respects to Gucci & Boosie)

Been listening to No Roll Modelz a lot. Love saying "SHE SHALLOW WIT DA *****" :lol: :pimp:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom