JACK UR BODY...LET THERE BE HOUSE!

Originally Posted by slim420

Originally Posted by TheEmperor45

i think there some low key beef between people who like deep house vs ppl who like progressive/ electro based house. but the beef is coming from the deep house guys.
naw, it aint no low key beef. its more like im just stating my opinion str8 up. fck electro house, lame trance-y "progressive" house, and dutch house or whatever the hell its called. fck that sht.
and its not like i only listen to deep house. i love all kinds of GOOD dance music, whether its mainstream or "underground", be it house, techno, dubstep, dnb/jungle, breaks, or even trance (psy/goa/tech/hard), etc etc. in fact, i like good music regardless of genre.�

the thing that bothers me is people that think some big name dj/producer is the best artist ever, solely based on his fame, his/her spot on the dj mag top 100 list, collab with some other big shot dj/pop star or whatever gimmick theyre using at the moment and flock in masses to the main stage of a festival that they think is a "rave" to see some lame dudes fist pumping after the "drop".

but this topic has been beaten to death in the "electro" thread, so this will be the last time ill discuss it.

575309_10150819918686036_522926070_n.jpg

but yea anyways...anyone into house's evil twin, techno?
now THIS right here is a party. a glimpse of the underground techno scene in LA that i've been fortunate to have discovered.
it was an epic night. chris liebing ftw!!

What you say is good music is your opinion. There's plenty of good tracks that come from the progressive and Dutch subgenres. Why do you care if people think guys like Tiesto, Hardwell, Wolfgang are the best ever? In my opinion they have mainstreamed house music and have made the genre more accessible to a greater audience. If people truly are fans of house music then they will search and find that most of the better tunes are to be found deep into the genre and come from producers that are not very popular, but of course thats jut my opinion. There's no reason to hate on these "mainstream" djs/producers.

The problem DOES come from this side of the camp. The guys who also like the mainstream electronic music don't claim SHM/Deadmau5/Skrillex are the best, but YOU guys get botthered that THEY like it. Nobody from their camp bashes people who ONLY like the more traditional, or deeper stuff. The negativity all comes from this side. Although I agree the music is watered down now, why act like my feathers are ruffled? People who listen to mainstream stuff have no effect on what I listen to or the artists I listen to. 
And the argument about vinyl vs. digital is stupid. A lot of the OG's and legends have converted from TTs to CDJ's or a DVS. What they play on has no effect on what they play.

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

The problem DOES come from this side of the camp. The guys who also like the mainstream electronic music don't claim SHM/Deadmau5/Skrillex are the best, but YOU guys get botthered that THEY like it. Nobody from their camp bashes people who ONLY like the more traditional, or deeper stuff. The negativity all comes from this side. Although I agree the music is watered down now, why act like my feathers are ruffled? People who listen to mainstream stuff have no effect on what I listen to or the artists I listen to. 
And the argument about vinyl vs. digital is stupid. A lot of the OG's and legends have converted from TTs to CDJ's or a DVS. What they play on has no effect on what they play.

i cant write paragraphs on why i disagree with everything you said in the first paragraph you posted, but like i said im not going into that anymore.
as far as the vinyl vs digital debate, i didnt post that picture b/c im for or against vinyl. i just posted it cuz it was humorous. 

it doesnt matter what you play with but how you play with what you have. most djs i like dont play strictly vinyl.

Sellout wrote:
What you say is good music is your opinion. There's plenty of good tracks that come from the progressive and Dutch subgenres. Why do you care if people think guys like Tiesto, Hardwell, Wolfgang are the best ever? In my opinion they have mainstreamed house music and have made the genre more accessible to a greater audience. If people truly are fans of house music then they will search and find that most of the better tunes are to be found deep into the genre and come from producers that are not very popular, but of course thats jut my opinion. There's no reason to hate on these "mainstream" djs/producers.
youre right. it IS just my opinion. and im simply stating it. agree or disagree with it, thats up to you.
and im not "hating". merely once again, just stating my opinion. 

why do i care? b/c im a big fan of house music. it wouldnt make sense if a househead didnt care about house music, house producers, house djs, or parties w/house music right?

why do basketball fans care if lebron leaves cleveland for miami? same logic there.

Originally Posted by slim420

Sellout wrote:
youre right. it IS just my opinion. and im simply stating it. agree or disagree with it, thats up to you.
and im not "hating". merely once again, just stating my opinion. 

why do i care? b/c im a big fan of house music. it wouldnt make sense if a househead didnt care about house music, house producers, house djs, or parties w/house music right?

why do basketball fans care if lebron leaves cleveland for miami? same logic there.

what? Basketball fans don't care about that
laugh.gif
terrible analogy

575309_10150819918686036_522926070_n.jpg

Worst picture ever

SHM uses more than 1 deck.
There's headphones in the picture.
And who says laptop skills isn't mad skills? Can DJ in the first picture do what they do?

But yeah this has been beaten to death so I'll let yall cook

ScottHallWithAPick wrote:
what? Basketball fans don't care about that
laugh.gif
terrible analogy

oh really?? thats why it was the hottest topic for the NBA for an entire season?
youre an idiot if you really think basketball fans didnt care, or at least had an opinion on lebron's move to miami...c'mon man, i cant believe you actually said that lol

awe.. i love that there is a deep house thread.  for 2 years i have lived in nyc, and definitely fell into the House Dance Scene there. its just an amazing feeling to come from so cal where there is a house dance community , see these guys i used to youtube, like Ejoe Wilson, Caleaf Sellars, Shan S, Which Way Sha, and so many more, and actually become friends with them . i would just see them at the club, and for the most part everyone was so cool, i got welcomed in great by some nice people and managed to maintain strong connection and relation and friended them all. i learned so much, and it is in NYC, that i really felt the music. to the utmost,  part of that reasoning is because everyone in NYC who's in the house scene, feels the music!. its such a beautiful thing when you see everyone dancing and feeling the music , its almost like a harmony,  now its not all lovey dovey, you got the heated cyphers which i love, because you just put it all out there, and as well as just the regular dance where you get down with everyone. i even learned how to NYC HUSTLE partner dance from the clubs! , just amazing. .

brings back so much memories, that I'm now back in california, but can't wait to get back !

listen to the music , it will tell you what to do !.. MOVE! 

Back
Top Bottom