James Franco Vol. 17

http://popwatch.ew.com/2014/04/03/james-franco-teenage-girl-palo-alto/

The Internet is abuzz with news of James Franco’s suspect Instagram and text conversations with a 17-year-old fangirl. Potential creep factor aside, I had two immediate reactions:

1. Apparently it isn’t that hard to successfully hit on James Franco (even though I tried, to no avail, one time as an eager freshman in the Columbia library).

2. We are grappling with a greater societal issue that news outlets have failed to recognize in analyzing their conversation: that the # sign has lost all numerical significance to our youth.

Let’s take a look, shall we?

jfconvo01

Let’s take a closer look.

jfconvo02

It’s happened. The miniature tic-tac-toe board, formerly known as a symbol for the word “number” and alternately as the pound key on your touch phone that granted you access to voicemail, is now exclusively recognized as a HASHTAG.

Let that sink in.

To this girl’s credit, “What’s your HASHTAG?” is a confusing question. Would I say, #tooyoung4U?#singleandready2mingle? #manrepeller? I’m not sure.

But if someone asked “What’s your #?,” I would know he or she meant NUMBER. Phone number. Digits.

What James Franco does in private isn’t really our business, but it’s possible that this whole exchange could be a ploy to draw attention to greater issues plaguing our youth.

AKA, the artist formerly known as #.

[James Franco Apparently Tried to Hook Up with a Teenage on Instagram via Gawker

View media item 896619
View media item 896621

week-in-review-james-franco-gifs-imgur.gif

Franco just like any other dude that saw a random and instantly just caught feelings. The thirst in her dm's had me crying though. Didnt expect that. I man hes freaking james franco. Chicks love that dude

Back
Top Bottom