JARED FOGLE IS A CREEP!

Is Jared Fogle is a creep?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I never really believed he lost all that weight by just eating Subway sandwiches.

I would say he's around 200 pounds now.

He ate sandwiches and was on a vigorous workout regimen. How ya'll gon hate on a dude for cakin off trying to extend his life? Whatpart of the game is that?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by 03silverbullet

yeah, i don't believe him either. what did he say, he ate nothing but subway sandwiches and lost all the weight? i can't eat more then twice a week at subway, my palate needs variety. jared we don't believe you.
he ate Subway, but he didn't eat subway. Dude has said time and time again he would eat a SIX INCHVEGGIE sub on WHEAT with NO mayo, vinegar, oil, just mustard. That and he walked a few miles a day. it's believable

roll.gif
if you dudes were thinkin he was eating anything they actually advertise
smh.gif
smh.gif

He walked to and from subway each day and ordered the same thing. That's how they marketed it. Whether or not it is true, I don't know.

YO! I've never gotten the hate. I've never believed his story to be entirely true... nor have I or have I known anyone to be so compelled by his storyto adopt the Subway diet. Marketing ploy or not... let the man live.

DF!!

Originally Posted by AirAnt23

YO! I've never gotten the hate. I've never believed his story to be entirely true... nor have I or have I known anyone to be so compelled by his story to adopt the Subway diet. Marketing ploy or not... let the man live.

DF!!

I don't think Subway intends for anyone to get on the "subway diet" or if they do then a very limited/select group of people. They just wantpeople to think subway is healthy alternative in the world of fast food. I'm all for letting him "live" but when you put yourself in the spotlight in return for what I would imagine at this point is pretty solid sums of money criticizing him I think is more than fair. He's made his weight losspublic spectacle, making jokes about him having aids while probably in poor taste I think are fairly leveled in the sense if he in fact did have aids he'dprobably loose weight similarly. Also pointing out the hypocrisy in that subway doesn't advertise or heavily market the sandwich he ate to loose all hisweight strikes me as fair as well. He's a public figure i.e. target for criticism. I'm sure he has enough subway money he doesn't cry over peoplemaking jokes about him having aids or ibs.

Hes just an advocate for their 'healthy alternative' to fast food like eBay said. The story could be entirely true, false or a combination. Coming froma marketing background, its quite a good combination, weight loss + healthy food.

Found this stuff on his wikipedia:
After three months on the diet, he had lost nearly 100 pounds and weighed in at 330 pounds (150 kg). He stuck with the diet and soon began to walk as much as he could, rather than using transport and would walk up the stairs rather than take an elevator. By the end of the diet, Jared had lost over 240 pounds (109 kg).[sup][1][/sup]
In the Indiana Daily Student in April 1999, a former dorm mate of Fogle, Ryan Coleman, wrote an article about Fogle's weight loss story after Coleman ran into Fogle and hardly recognized him because of the lost weight.[sup][1][/sup] A reporter for Men's Health saw the article and included the "Subway sandwich diet" in an article on "Crazy Diets that Work". According to the article, Jared actually had ironically became obese by eating food at Subway restaurants and not exercising. He came up with his "Subway diet" because Subway was his favorite place to eat. Subsequently, he changed his menu choices at Subway to include healthier choices, which was followed by his significant weight loss. This article caught the eye of a Chicago-area Subway franchisee named Bob Ocwieja, who thought the story might have some potential, and he took the idea to Richard Coad, the creative director at Subway's Chicago advertising agency. In hindsight, Coad would later say "I kind of laughed at first, but we followed up on it."[sup][1]
[/sup]

Interesting read, so I guess he always ate subway before anyway. Respect to him for his hustle but I still think he's a lame.

Back
Top Bottom