Jarritos and Mexican coke/pepsi Appreciation

strawberry jarrito 
pimp.gif

and i think the mexican coke still got that white in em

[h1]http://gawker.com/5676240/mexican-coke-might-not-actually-be-different-from-regular-coke[/h1]
[h1]Mexican Coke Might Not Actually Be Different from Regular Coke[/h1]
2540903520_7976179de4.jpg
Are you one of those Coca-Cola snobs, who will only drink Mexican Cokebecause it's made with cane sugar instead of high-fructose corn syrup?(I am.) You may be the victim of the biggest food cover-up in years!

Well, "cover-up" may be strong, since Coke has neither confirmed nordenied that Mexican bottlers use cane sugar. But according to Time, a recent study that analyzed sodasfound that Mexican Coke doesn't seem to contain the compound you findin cane sugar—sucrose. Instead, the bottles seemed to contain glucoseand fructose, which show up in high-fructose corn syrup.

Does this mean we've all been lied to by our cool oldercousins who told us about Mexican Coke? Luckily for those of us who'vestaked our reputations on our Coke snobbery, there may be a possibleexplanation for the lack of sucrose in Mexican Coke—namely, that thebottles were old and the sucrose had split into the other twocompounds. (The researchers also said they didn't analyze enoughbottles to come to a firm conclusion.) So, yes, you can continueclinging to your feeling of superiority thanks to your discerning tastein the most popular commercial beverage on the planet. I know I will!

(We're also eagerly awaiting, of course, the results on Passover Coke.)

[Time; image via bradleygee's Flickr]

Send an email to Max Read, the author of this post, at /gawker.com/5676240/mexican-coke-might-not-actually-be-different-from-regular-coke">http://gawker.com/5676240...ferent-from-regular-coke">max@gawker.com.

nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

[h1]http://gawker.com/5676240/mexican-coke-might-not-actually-be-different-from-regular-coke[/h1]
[h1]Mexican Coke Might Not Actually Be Different from Regular Coke[/h1]
2540903520_7976179de4.jpg
Are you one of those Coca-Cola snobs, who will only drink Mexican Cokebecause it's made with cane sugar instead of high-fructose corn syrup?(I am.) You may be the victim of the biggest food cover-up in years!

Well, "cover-up" may be strong, since Coke has neither confirmed nordenied that Mexican bottlers use cane sugar. But according to Time, a recent study that analyzed sodasfound that Mexican Coke doesn't seem to contain the compound you findin cane sugar—sucrose. Instead, the bottles seemed to contain glucoseand fructose, which show up in high-fructose corn syrup.

Does this mean we've all been lied to by our cool oldercousins who told us about Mexican Coke? Luckily for those of us who'vestaked our reputations on our Coke snobbery, there may be a possibleexplanation for the lack of sucrose in Mexican Coke—namely, that thebottles were old and the sucrose had split into the other twocompounds. (The researchers also said they didn't analyze enoughbottles to come to a firm conclusion.) So, yes, you can continueclinging to your feeling of superiority thanks to your discerning tastein the most popular commercial beverage on the planet. I know I will!

(We're also eagerly awaiting, of course, the results on Passover Coke.)

[Time; image via bradleygee's Flickr]

Send an email to Max Read, the author of this post, at /gawker.com/5676240/mexican-coke-might-not-actually-be-different-from-regular-coke">http://gawker.com/5676240...ferent-from-regular-coke">max@gawker.com.

nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Canned Dr. Depper with real sugar is something else. Canada knows whats up. So does Spain.

They should do a a true taste test study with HFCS Coca Cola from the USA and Cane Sugar Coca Cola from every where else.. It couldnt just be a placebo effect by everyone noticing the taste difference, could it?

Sam's Club around my way has cases of the mexican soda in 12 oz bottles. I can't keep enough in my house

Canned Dr. Depper with real sugar is something else. Canada knows whats up. So does Spain.

They should do a a true taste test study with HFCS Coca Cola from the USA and Cane Sugar Coca Cola from every where else.. It couldnt just be a placebo effect by everyone noticing the taste difference, could it?

Sam's Club around my way has cases of the mexican soda in 12 oz bottles. I can't keep enough in my house

Originally Posted by Joe Billionaire

i had some mexican cokes n fantas

the mexican coke didnt say it was made with sugar cane in the ingredients

To be fair with the MX sodas I don't see any listed ingredients
laugh.gif

i had some mexican cokes n fantas

the mexican coke didnt say it was made with sugar cane in the ingredients

To be fair with the MX sodas I don't see any listed ingredients
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos