Jason Petrie's repackaging of classics

I’m yet to see this guy come up with an original design.

LeBron 6 = Air Force 1

nike-zoom-lebron-6-big-apple-2.jpg

nike-lebron-6-summary-570px.jpg

nike-air-force-1-low-premium-black-white-hot-red-1-570x427.jpg
nike-air-force-1-mid-white-white-varsity-red-1.jpg

LeBron 7 =  Air Jordan XI and Nike Air Ndestrukt

lebron-7-1.jpg

nike-lebron-7.jpg

P1010021.JPG

NI653268-112_pict1_13_167_11427.jpg
air-jordan-11-blk-rd.jpg

Lebron 8 = Nike Air Max Barkley

nike-air-max-lebron-8.jpg

tWEo2UoBT5_LEBRON8PS_441946_100_05.jpg

nike-air-max-cb-94-retro-charles-barkley.jpg

Nike%20Air%20Max2%20CB%2094%20Charles%20Barkley%20Anniversary%20Lightgrey%20Orange.jpg

lebron 9 = THE ENTIRE AIR PENNY LINE!

nike-lebron-9-uk-home-2.jpg
nike-lebron-9-xl.jpg

Lebron%209%20PS%20Elite%20Wolf%20Grey%20Mint%20Candy%20New%20Green%20Pink%20Flash%20516958%20001.jpg

Nike-Air-Max-Penny-I-Black-White-Varsity-Royal.jpg

nike-air-penny-ii-2-black-red-maize-2

nike-air-penny-3-iii-retro-3.jpeg

penny-41.jpg

Lebron 10 = Nike Hyperdunk 2012 + Nike Hyperfuse 2012 + Nike Air Barwin/ Nike Air Max Darwin

1344271455_7210_nike-lebron-x-10.jpg

nike-lebron-10-x-2-1.jpeg

nike-barwin-white-black-1.jpeg

nike-air-darwin-page.jpg

nike-air-max-darwin-360-summer-2012-colorways-counterkicks.com_.jpg

nike-lunar-hyperdunk-2012-evolve.jpg

nike-zoom-hyperfuse-2012-10.jpg

And others for good measure.

quickstrike-nike-sharkley-11.jpg

nike-zoom-fp-stealth-2.jpg

a42.jpg

Here’s list of the rest

As part of the Nike Basketball design team, Jason has worked on the Air Max STAT 1, Zoom Sharkley, Zoom FP, Zoom Flightclub, Zoom Alpholution, Huarache 08, Flight Windmill, Skyposite, Power Max, Uptempo Speed, and Flight Banger, among others.

Last edited:
LeBron ASKED for 7s to resemble his favorite jordan the XIs or something to that nature

I remember seeing a interview on youtube when they 1st drop saying he sat down with Jason and Nike and they asked him questions and he told him that he loves the Jordan XI and wanted to take a little bit of that and add his style and take it to the next level

OP, you're reaching with some of those comparisons.

You are right to a certain extent about current Nike Basketball models being highly derivative of prior ones but there may be other factors imposed on the designers. These could include cost saving measures by running the same materials across the board (Flywire, Hyperfuse) and the same tooling so that the Chinese factories don't have to set up production/assembly lines for each sneaker model.

You're reaching brah. Alphaproject is a solid designer, maybe not Tinker or Avar great but still solid. And you don't know if Lebron is asking for his shoes to have certain design cues from some of his favorite kicks. Jason grinded from posting renderings on his site all the way to the top of his industry. Give the man some respect.

I guess NT is giving Wale a break and going after Petrie now. :smh:

Petrie is a hype job. You guys back him up just because of his renderings that he used to post here. The only shoe he designed that's even worth mentioning is the Lebron 8 PS. The Skyposite and the Huarache 2k8 make me vomit. Completely bastardized my favorite shoes which were its predecessors.

Petrie is a hype job. You guys back him up just because of his renderings that he used to post here. The only shoe he designed that's even worth mentioning is the Lebron 8 PS. The Skyposite and the Huarache 2k8 make me vomit. Completely bastardized my favorite shoes which were its predecessors.

Brah no one hypes up Petrie. We just think he is a decent designer. Granted he has designed some straight up garbage, and I do think it is time to give the Lebron line to a new designer, but he is still decent :lol:

Petrie had nothing to do with the 6's (Although I do agree that it's a shame that a Bron sig was wasted on a AF1 Rehash, especially when the prototypes that leaked, the Lebron Zoom Power 6 or something like that were so dope), and you reaching heavy on the Barkley/LBJ8 Comparison

The 9's and 10's can be argued but hell, the shoes are dope at the end of the day and you don't know what Bron requests as far as what he wants his shoes to look like. Like someone mentioned he wanted the VII's to be similar to the XI's. How is that Petrie's fault?

You're reaching brah. Alphaproject is a solid designer, maybe not Tinker or Avar great but still solid. And you don't know if Lebron is asking for his shoes to have certain design cues from some of his favorite kicks. Jason grinded from posting renderings on his site all the way to the top of his industry. Give the man some respect.
I guess NT is giving Wale a break and going after Petrie now. :smh:

If his identity were not known, then it would be cool. But since he is out on front street, then attempting to use the 'net in order to push his wares, then does not hide his allegiance, of which is understandable since Nike does cut him a check, this cat opened the door on himself.

Does he deserve respect?

Perhaps.

Does he seem to respect anyone else, especially those who disagreed with him via twitter?

Nope.

Screw him. All he does is design expensive, then cheaply made shoes.

still butthurt over the D. Rose/Adidas comment? :lol:

#imout

Brah no one hypes up Petrie. We just think he is a decent designer. Granted he has designed some straight up garbage, and I do think it is time to give the Lebron line to a new designer, but he is still decent :lol:

Decent? Compared to who? Leo Chang designed better shoes with less bells and whistles at lower prices. Zoom BB, KD's, Hyperfuse just off the top of my head. Now if you compare him to the likes of Eric Avar, Aaron Cooper, Wilson Smith, etc. then he is a bum.

Decent? Compared to who? Leo Chang designed better shoes with less bells and whistles at lower prices. Zoom BB, KD's, Hyperfuse just off the top of my head. Now if you compare him to the likes of Eric Avar, Aaron Cooper, Wilson Smith, etc. then he is a bum.

D.Rose, that you brah? :lol:

I don't really like Chang's designs, but to each his own. And I agree, compared to the best in the game, Jason can't compete. But his Lebron have been decent.

I dont know if this falls on petrie or Lebron and his entrourage. TInker once stated that he didnt like working with bron bron because him and his friends wanted to put all this stuff in the shoe and they could never work anything out. They probably all wanted to use parts of classic shoes and mesh them together which seems like Lebrons have always been.

PS. I have no respect for petrie after the rose comments...Hows petrie gonna feel when bron bron tears his acl and has no more shoes to design and is out of a job?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom