Jay-Z, "D.O.A." Discussion...

I didn't read through the thread but a lot of people i've talked to about the track think about it as an insult too much in my opinion. To me, whathe's trying to say is to just get back to rapping and stop with all the commercial music that is flooding our radio stations. It seems like he'sstepping up to lead and motivate his fellow rappers more than he is trying to insult anyone. Only person I think can and should have a legitimate beef is Tpainbut he's Tpain and that's Jay. Let's be real here lol.

"I might send this to the 'mixtape' weezy"

Trey (IMO) ain't done nothing worth listening to long term since his pre-signed mixtapes and his very first release.

Try making a complete new school R&B album (Confessions anyone?) before throwing darts at the King.

I ain't heard no one in the streets mention Kells and Trey in the same breath (as he claims the comparisons in his 'dis'), but you know...

eddiebauer757 wrote:

Anybody heard Trey Songz goin in on R. Kellz to this track? Sound like a R&B beef on the rise...

roll.gif
..... Feary Songz better go pick on someone else..... Cisco tired it andhad his career ended....

the mixtape Weezy is the real rapper that Jay-Z seems to respect not the Autotune Weezy...

Thought I was the only one who caught that

Back to Jay-
nerd.gif

as Kev stated... long live the KING
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by eyes of hazel

Trey (IMO) ain't done nothing worth listening to long term since his pre-signed mixtapes and his very first release.

Try making a complete new school R&B album (Confessions anyone?) before throwing darts at the King.

I ain't heard no one in the streets mention Kells and Trey in the same breath (as he claims the comparisons in his 'dis'), but you know...
a hole lot more to it. In an interview he stated that he has much respect for kells but as a fan he thought it was wack that Kellz just dropped amixtape full of autotune. So he did the record over Jay's track to inspire Kells to take it back to how he used to. To much for me to sum up in this post.

Trey Songz > R.Kellz (the 07'-present version... you know Post chapter 1-1million Kellz) Not the pre-sex tape Kellz
laugh.gif

Sidenote: Kev you know you haven't heard Trey last album. It was good IMO
pimp.gif

what yall fail to relize is Kels is ALWAYS switching up his style, both in music and his own personal style LOL! Think about it, he has done classic slow jams,a reggae joint(when Sean Paul starting really poppin), the mini-series(trapped in the closet) LOL!...and his style, bald when MJ was poppin, and then switchedto cornrows when AI came in the league, and back to bald when MJ returned to the league LOL! Dude is a freakin chameleon smh

Originally Posted by eddiebauer757

It was good IMO
pimp.gif

[Coming to America] "...Yeah. Good and terrible..."

Maybe I've just been spoiled, but I expect R&B albums to go from 1st to last track without skips.

Straight road jawns.

What happen? They used to that way.

And I'm not talking ancient. Badu's "Mama's Gun"... Benet's "A Day In The Life"... Everything Jill has released, lol.

I can pick any rap mixtape if I wanna drive and skip tracks...

Back
Top Bottom