Jay-Z Signs Jahlil Beats To Roc Nation

Originally Posted by Prada G

Meh.
Jay does not have a great track record developing talent.

Do not name Def Jam artists.

Philadelphia Freeway
pimp.gif

Young Gunz 1st album
pimp.gif

First couple B.Sig albums
pimp.gif

Memph Bleek albums were
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by memphisboi55

Originally Posted by tyisny

1. THAT MILLZ SONG WAS CRAZY I DIDNT KNOW HE STILL HAD IT
pimp.gif

2. Hov is one Jeezy signing away from reviving a Hiphop Music Dynasty..... Him, Ye, Jeezy, Cole, Jay elec for rap, Beyonce and Rihanna for the world.... All artist involved have had HIT records with eachother and have been known to collabo

Shoulda signed K.r.I.t and had that southern state love.

K.R.I.T. smarter than that.

Meh.
Jay does not have a great track record developing talent.

Do not name Def Jam artists.

The hell are you even talking about?

Jay got arguably two of the best mainstream rappers signed to his label [J.Cole & Jay Electronica] a pop sensation in Willow Smith and now signing the guy that produced 1 of the biggest hits of the summer.. on the management side manages one of the biggest pop artists in the world [Rihanna] I'd say he's doing pretty decent.

Jahlil Beats been running !+%! wit Meek in in philly n jersey area for years now congrats to him even tho sum of his !+%! do be sounding da same tho lol

Originally Posted by FinesseSosa

got a big feeling his stuff is gonna stop sounding the same now 
If anything I feel the opposite. When you're only working with Philly artists (or West Coast artists, or Trap rappers, or underground NY rappers, etc) it's easy to get trapped in a sound. Now he has an opportunity to produce for a wide range of artists so I think his sound will evolve.

Originally Posted by NostrandAve68

Jay got arguably two of the best mainstream rappers signed to his label [J.Cole & Jay Electronica] a pop sensation in Willow Smith and now signing the guy that produced 1 of the biggest hits of the summer.. on the management side manages one of the biggest pop artists in the world [Rihanna] I'd say he's doing pretty decent.

Really now? Honestly, nobody outside of us (The Internet) knows who the %@%% he is. Let's be serious here.
Originally Posted by DipsetGeneral

The biggest thing that will ever happen to Jahlil's life/career.
Look at his face.

Originally Posted by KUSHcommander

jahlil beats is wack though. why?! guaranteed jayz doesnt even rap on a jahlil beat in 2012
Tell us more, since you obviously have the inside track on all things Jay and Jahlil.

Originally Posted by memphisboi55

Philadelphia Freeway
pimp.gif

Young Gunz 1st album
pimp.gif

First couple B.Sig albums
pimp.gif

Memph Bleek albums were
smokin.gif
I think he meant as far as making them household names. At this point, Jay-Z only made J.Cole & Rihanna household names.
I would say Kanye too, but that was probably a Dame Dash move.

Those albums though
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
 Especially B. Sig 

So its this dudes fault I hear Project Pats little brother yelling on the radio every 5 minutes ?

I like Jay Elec but you can't be calling a guy who releases one track a year "one of the best mainstream" rappers.

He's good, but ain't nothing mainstream about a dude who M.I.A. lol
ps. Pretty sure it's a publishing deal for Jahlil so he gets proper rights (royalties / entitlement) to songs he produces. 

Not sure what the percentages of the deal came out to be but he most likely got a good check up front from RocNation.

I was supposed to get a deal to at one point, Jay-z and Ty Ty came to my school after I finished my project, but I never got the chance to meet them.  Anyway congrats to Jahlil he deserves it!!!

didnt know he made the imma boss beat. congrats to him. its a good look. he better step his game up now

Originally Posted by Mike Dolla

I was supposed to get a deal to at one point, Jay-z and Ty Ty came to my school after I finished my project, but I never got the chance to meet them.  Anyway congrats to Jahlil he deserves it!!!
lol

Back
Top Bottom