Jay-Z Solo Album Discography Broken Down vol. Let's discuss this

Jay is a "musician"? How? They're rappers. If one of them is a better lyricist.....well that's an ENORMOUS part of being a rapper.

Some of y'all typing and making no sense.
Who said you aren't allowed to like a product? No one.

And therein lies the problem. You don't even realize how much of a **** rider you are. Most don't.

Jay is great. But the fact that you feel the need to discredit another artist, who is, by most accounts, equally talented, is pathetic.

It's your obsession with one man that leads to this completely irrational train of thought that makes you a **** rider.

In just to agree and say neither of them are musicians.

Ok that's all. I'm out :lol:

All he has over jay is lyrics

Jay is an all around better musician

Nas only got handles

While jay got handles, jumpshot & post game
laugh.gif
you dumb bruh 

doesnt this make him the better rapper, which he is 

better musician, what does that mean lol 

show me the last time you seen jay spazz out on some keys or play some ill cords 
roll.gif

so by those standards, do you guys consider Ye a musician? plays the piano pretty well.

so by those standards, do you guys consider Ye a musician? plays the piano pretty well.
ive never seen ye play the piano

he even said one time he dont play

only hip hop musicians i can think of offthe top are rakim, flava flav and B.O.B

Kanye is at least a very talented producer. You can argue that in this day and age, a sampler is kind of a musical instrument.

I'd argue that Premier is a musician just from the way he chops up samples and re-arranges them.

Jay and Nas rap. I can't recall either of them producing a song.

At least anything noteworthy.

Last edited:
Jay makes better music than nas period

Better hook game

Better ear for beats

Better/more versatile flows

Which makes jay a better rapper/artist/musician

However you wanna put it

Lyrics aint everything when it comes to making rap music

As someone who does not believe in blindly spewing ****, I looked up the definition of musician and can say I was wrong. Apparently anybody who performs music is, by definition a musician. I think that's BS but I can't argue with that. So yeah. They all musicians...somehow

^^^

I still think that's a stretch. Anyone who knows me knows how much I love and respect Hip Hop, Rap etc.

But I'd never call a "rapper" who doesn't produce a "musician". Maybe that's just me. Putting them in the same category as Prince, Jimi Hendrix etc.? Nah. They're artists to me. Not musicians.

"ear for beats" :lol:

Cats get me everytime with this. Say the same **** about Ross. Do they have a better ear? Or bigger budgets? Or feel different production suits them?

They make different music. Your post proves this.

"hook game". "ear for beats".

Basically Jay is a mainstream rapper and Nas isn't. Nor has he really every tried to be minus a few singles here and there.

I say this all the time when people compare their bank accounts. Nas never struck me as someone that wanted to be a billionaire. Jay does.

Both equally talented but not really in the same lane. Anyone who loves Hip Hop, Rap should be able to appreciate both and respect what they do. Without comparing. Blatantly discrediting one of the other.

But some of y'all on some baby ****.

Last edited:
I've said it several times my affinity for Jay Zs music has nothing to do with my opinion of Nas absolutely nothing. I didn't like him before the beef and I don't like him now, I assume that's what you're alluding to.

Saying nas isnt a mainstream rapper is a terrible cop out

& why isnt BOBW never considered a part of jays discography, classic album

I've said it several times my affinity for Jay Zs music has nothing to do with my opinion of Nas absolutely nothing. I didn't like him before the beef and I don't like him now, I assume that's what you're alluding to.

Actions speak louder than words.

You're in a Jay thread taking shots at Nas. But those 2 things are not at all related :lol:

But delusional is what you do so I don't expect you to see it any other way.

Better hook game

Better ear for beats

Right. Saying Nas is a better lyricist then typing all this nonsense isn't a cop out at all :lol:

:lol:

Sorry son. Didn't realize this was a Jay Z circle jerk where only childish words about Nas are permitted to be spoken.

My deepest apologies.

Actions speak louder than words.

You're in a Jay thread taking shots at Nas. But those 2 things are not at all related :lol:

But delusional is what you do so I don't expect you to see it any other way.

Better hook game

Better ear for beats

Right. Saying Nas is a better lyricist then typing all this nonsense isn't a cop out at all :lol:
But people were taking shots at Jay Z since the thread started. Someone mentioned Nas and I made a shot but that's independent of my list of me liking Hov

But people were taking shots at Jay Z since the thread started. Someone mentioned Nas and I made a shot but that's independent of my list of me liking Hov
that's his point why are you defending the man like he's your dad in every Jay thread it's sad fam

Last edited:
that's his point why are you defending the man like he's your dad in every Jay thread it's sad fam
I've made no comment defending him. I posted my list and moved on from it. Didn't even dispute anyone's list

^^^

I still think that's a stretch. Anyone who knows me knows how much I love and respect Hip Hop, Rap etc.

But I'd never call a "rapper" who doesn't produce a "musician". Maybe that's just me. Putting them in the same category as Prince, Jimi Hendrix etc.? Nah. They're artists to me. Not musicians.

"ear for beats" :lol:

Cats get me everytime with this. Say the same **** about Ross. Do they have a better ear? Or bigger budgets? Or feel different production suits them?

They make different music. Your post proves this.

"hook game". "ear for beats".

Basically Jay is a mainstream rapper and Nas isn't. Nor has he really every tried to be minus a few singles here and there.

I say this all the time when people compare their bank accounts. Nas never struck me as someone that wanted to be a billionaire. Jay does.

Both equally talented but not really in the same lane. Anyone who loves Hip Hop, Rap should be able to appreciate both and respect what they do. Without comparing. Blatantly discrediting one of the other.

But some of y'all on some baby ****.

I agree. You see I said earlier it's BS to me. It doesn't really even make sense...But if that's how it's defined I guess I can't really argue. But there are definitely seperate classes of musicians if that's the case.

Back
Top Bottom