Jerry West being on the NBA Logo is the most racist thing in sports history

do you think OP is right?

• Yes, OP is right, I agree with him

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, OP is an idiot

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

laugh.gif
 At everyone sitting around like this cause they don't wanna touch it.

This issue isn't going to be received well here. It's not racist but there are racial undertones. We can pretend there aren't but we all know our society does that painstakingly well.  There's a reason why the NBA's official stance is one of denial, that the logo is not Jerry West. 

But lets be real OP in 1970's do you think a black man was going to be the face of a multimillion dollar enterprise run by white men?

Sidestepping the hyperbole of the thread title, it's really not a big deal. There are a million other things from that era that remain questionable to this day.

No one should even entertain the thought of changing the logo. It is what it is. It's not like the guy is a bum or just any other HOF player. 
couldn't have said it better myself... I mean this is one of those iffy situations that happens all to often in society... Its like the why do most malls use a "white" santa... or why isn't there varieties of races in terms of video game characters. Its like yea we see it, but with so so many "major" issues going on its like meh wth ever

NTers running out of things to call racists nowadays :lol:

Op I feel what your saying in a sense but like others have said it ain't like dude was a bum or anything. I think the logo was never and never will be changed cause its not an issue to anyone. I'm black btw.

Are you serious "sports HISTORY"?! You sure colored folks not being able to play in any major league wasn't more racist? The University of San Francisco wasn't able to be Nat'l Champs kuz they had black folks on the team isn't more racist? Black players unable to stay at hotels isn't more racist? This is just trivial, I mean sure there may be some lasting undertones, but it's not broke so why fix it? Is it racist? Maybe, but to say most racist is Spacejam Jordan x Stretch Armstrong type of reach.

I wouldn't say it's the most racist thing of all time, that's serious hyperbole. But IMO it is significant that they chose him over a black player.

West is the only player in NBA history to win NBA Finals MVP from the losing team (1969 Finals)

that's crazy :lol:

National trucker LOL I already know the trolling is strong with this SN... That one summer when trucking got real :pimp:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom