Jill Scott: The Light of The Sun

jill-scott-light-of-the-sun.jpg

Anyone heard this album yet? Jill Scott is usually pretty consistent at putting out good music although I don't think she can ever top her classic debut cd.
Saw Paul Wall on the tracklisting, now sure how that collaboration is going to work out. 

I gave this a listen yesterday, I'm just not feeling it something is missing it just doesn't sound like a Jill Scott album though.
ohwell.gif

Damn. I saw a commercial for it yesterday, the background music appeared to be her first single...but it didn't really seem like anything special. Granted it was only a 30 second commercial....

Thanks YBD. Song is better than what I expected, but wasn't really feeling Pow Wow's verse...not that he ruined the song, but he didn't help make it better either.

seems like the more weight she loses the worse her music gets....

ill give it a listen, wasnt diggin the last one though

Album is dope! Not as good as her last effort which IMO is her second best album after her debut. I was a bit nervous about this album considering some of the features but they all work actually. The Paul Wall feature actually works on that track. Very solid album.....she could have taken off a few tracks but I give it a 4/5. Jill consistently makes good music.

Back
Top Bottom