Job Interview w/ Home Depot On Wednesday - Any tips from the NT Fambz?

D

Deleted member 56682

This is my second ever job interview so I'm kind of nervous. What should I dress as? I was going to do khaki pants and a button up or is that too much? Any tips on the stores itself or anything like that? I've been doing research but you can never be too prepared. The position is a Bay Integrity Associate.

when i applied to home depot i lied and told them that i knew spanish.

when they called for the phone interview they asked me how to say ladder and i told the guy laddero 
laugh.gif

khaki's and a solid/single colored button up and you should be good, just answer the questions to the best of your abilities and tell them what you think they want to hear...goodluck bruh

:lol: I'm not gonna say fambz. Odog I put down Spanish too because I know some and can understand it easily because I speak Portuguese and when they called me they asked and I told them that and they still scheduled me for an interview

laugh.gif
I'm not gonna say fambz. Odog I put down Spanish too because I know some and can understand it easily because I speak Portuguese and when they called me they asked and I told them that and they still scheduled me for an interview
they asked me basic construction things like hammer measurement tape ladder drywall

just look up some basic tools and then learn how to say it in spanish.

when i applied to home depot i lied and told them that i knew spanish.

when they called for the phone interview they asked me how to say ladder and i told the guy laddero 
laugh.gif
LOLWAT!!!! This is hilarious, a rep for you sir

This is my second ever job interview so I'm kind of nervous. What should I dress as? I was going to do khaki pants and a button up or is that too much? Any tips on the stores itself or anything like that? I've been doing research but you can never be too prepared. The position is a Bay Integrity Associate.

Back to the question. I don't work for the store but i do work for the district as a Merchandising Execution Area Supervisor. So you're applying for a Bay Integrity Associate or "BIA" (Home Depot loves acronyms) You're applying for a part time position. Basically you just update price changes and you're in charge of the internal things within the store You don't do much recovery or customer service. You're in charge of any outs, price changes "Scan Outs process and Daily Action List Execution" You're ensuring all the outs and the amount of on hands are accurate. They're giving you a "FIRST phone" or a gun to scan things and a label printer. Honestly I always tell people to dress to impress. Would you be more impressed by a guy going to a interview in a tuxedo or suit or a guy wearing a t shirt or a polo?:lol: Now of course what you wear isn't going to win you the job automatically but it does leave an impression. Don't forget it's just a retail job. Don't sweat it too much. I've seen some stores hire some :x Good thing about this position is its a monday-friday 5am-9am I've been with the company for about close to 4 years now and the benefits are GREAT. For retail, its not bad. You get quarterly bonuses as well. I'm looking to move up even more here and the opportunity is ALL there. They're promoting people left and right. Growth means good for the business.:pimp:

Last edited:
Back to the question. I don't work for the store but i do work for the district as a Merchandising Execution Area Supervisor. So you're applying for a Bay Integrity Associate or "BIA" (Home Depot loves acronyms) You're applying for a part time position. Basically you just update price changes and you're in charge of the internal things within the store You don't do much recovery or customer service. You're in charge of any outs, price changes "Scan Outs process and Daily Action List Execution" You're ensuring all the outs and the amount of on hands are accurate. They're giving you a "FIRST phone" or a gun to scan things and a label printer. Honestly I always tell people to dress to impress. Would you be more impressed by a guy going to a interview in a tuxedo or suit or a guy wearing a t shirt or a polo?:lol: Now of course what you wear isn't going to win you the job automatically but it does leave an impression. Don't forget it's just a retail job. Don't sweat it too much. I've seen some stores hire some :x Good thing about this position is its a monday-friday 5am-9am I've been with the company for about close to 4 years now and the benefits are GREAT. For retail, its not bad. You get quarterly bonuses as well. I'm looking to move up even more here and the opportunity is ALL there. They're promoting people left and right. Growth means good for the business.:pimp:
Are those all store hours? The girl I talked to on the phone asked if I'm still interested if the hours were 4-10 and said there's a chance I could be offered another position which I wouldn't mind at all so are those chances likely?

bruhhh i worked at home depot for over a year. that sounds like its straight attire for an interview

be prepared to be asked question for all kinds of things from gardening to painting. im being dead serious (on the actual job, not the interview) lol

they give you a half *** training then throw you on the floor.

if youre good with that type of thing then you'll be good..

I worked there for one day back in '04. They stuck me outside as a "Lot Tech" collecting carts. I quit the same day.

Back
Top Bottom