Jobless and Frustrated NTers check in VOL. WE NOT-WORKIN!!!

Man I have been trying to get a 2nd job for a while now because 20 hrs a week means very little spending money, and I got so much in medical bills that I need to pay off but I keep getting turned down. :smh:

I don't know what else to do. I have tried EVERYWHERE in my area. Nothing.

Grocery stores?

Anybody have experience with post office assessments? Any tips? What should I expect?

Bruh. I kid you not. I passed the first assessment. Had an interview it turned out to be a group interview. I participated and did everything in my power to show my interest and they never called me back.. so I just took another assessment two weeks ago and failed it. It was the strongly disagree or strongly agree test. Worst test known to man! The retake is in November. My brother just got into the post office and he didn't have to take an assessment he only took that easy test after the assessment and dude is 21 ., talking about heated! I'm mad as heck. I can't find a job. I swore I was getting hired by the post office and nothing ever happened.

Last edited:
i saw on indeed.com that nestle was having on the spot interviews for a route driver, starting pay $41,000. I did well enough on the first interview to be selected by a 2nd interview by a supervisor. they asked all of those generic interview questions "tell me about a time where blah blah blah..." if I can't think of anything specific, I'll just make something up. from what i hear, they are so shorthanded that workers from austin had to travel down to assist. stability at the current job is getting kinda questionable so i definitely need something like this to come through.

My advice to those who are looking for work..read the description and requirements. I usually copy the job requirements into my resume (only the ones you have done) and look up other requirements you don't know how to do and also only put the number of years of experience that they are looking for. Anymore than that and they will usually hit you with the "you were over qualified" crap. I've used this for the past month and got 10 interviews, several calls, and 2 job offers. Hope this helps some of you.

Yeah man haha..boggles my mind.

Just want to be a lil more comfortable and pay these medical bills, but people don't wanna give a young man a chance. :smh:

Can't believe how long it's been taking some of you guys to find something. :smh:

There's a point where you start losing hope, but keep the faith alive gentlemen. I was literally unemployed for 3 years before I found my current job. I had to bust my *** getting paid under the table doing hard manual labor. I hated it, but I was not just sitting around doing nothing and I had at least something in my pocket.

I start my new position tomorrow but it's kind of bittersweet. Even with all my accomplishment so far they didn't want to negotiate wages. The manager just got fired too so there's extra pressure on me. :rolleyes
UPDATE: so like 2 weeks after I made this post, the assistant manager sat down with me and did my one year review. She gave me another raise on top of the one I got for getting a new position.The previous manager who got fired didn't want to do it even though it's mandatory. I have another review coming up in like 4 months, but she clearly said that I'm not guaranteed another raise. I'm gonna work my *** off again cause Lord knows I need that $$$$.

Ok bros the time is almost here. The interview with the company I've been interning with since Jan is on Wed. I have to go through 3 panels that are 2 hours each. I'm nervous as hell even though I shouldn't be. I don't really like interviews but I'm pretty good at them if that makes since. I've never done a panel interview let alone 3 so I guess I have a fear of the unknown. Anybody ever done a panel interview and can share their experience(s) and/or tips?

Ok bros the time is almost here. The interview with the company I've been interning with since Jan is on Wed. I have to go through 3 panels that are 2 hours each. I'm nervous as hell even though I shouldn't be. I don't really like interviews but I'm pretty good at them if that makes since. I've never done a panel interview let alone 3 so I guess I have a fear of the unknown. Anybody ever done a panel interview and can share their experience(s) and/or tips?
I've had a few and they are the absolute worst. Trying to hold five peoples attention at the same time in that setting is extremely hard.

The one piece of advice I would have for you is to make sure you have at least 12 questions ready to go, because now you may have to ask them all a question. I was totally unprepared for that in my first one.

I've never done them with multiple panels, are they all going to be asking the same thing or no?

antidope antidope
Just talked to my boss 20 min ago and he said not to be worried. Each panel is going to ask the same exact questions from a sheet and he's on one of the panels. It's going to be 3 people on each panel too

just had an interview. so, i gave the manager the wrong resume and it had 4 missing years of experience on it and the resume he already had was pretty much correct. he continues to tell me how i should fill those years in somehow someway... this is the worst.

It's not bad at all. I was really nervous at first but got comfortable after the first 2 questions were asked. Most of the questions were questions I've been asked in previous interviews. At the end of the day it depends on who is sitting on the other side of the table. The panel I was up against was very chill. It's some tough ones out there but as long as you know what the job consist of and what you have on your resume, you should be fine.

@Antidope@Antidope<!--bluecoat_old_onload = window.onload;window.onload = function() { if (bluecoat_old_onload != null) {try {bluecoat_old_onload();} catch (e) {}}bluecoat_fixpopups();};//-->
Just talked to my boss 20 min ago and he said not to be worried. Each panel is going to ask the same exact questions from a sheet and he's on one of the panels. It's going to be 3 people on each panel too
Word, good luck man, I hope you get it.

i saw on indeed.com that nestle was having on the spot interviews for a route driver, starting pay $41,000. I did well enough on the first interview to be selected by a 2nd interview by a supervisor. they asked all of those generic interview questions "tell me about a time where blah blah blah..." if I can't think of anything specific, I'll just make something up. from what i hear, they are so shorthanded that workers from austin had to travel down to assist. stability at the current job is getting kinda questionable so i definitely need something like this to come through.

Welp. Got the rejection letter today. Search continues.

Last edited:
Just got a new job. Only pays $12 hourly but the drive I'm not sure if it's worth it. I drive 50 miles to get to work. In September the job will be moving a bit closer which will be 42 miles still kinda far.

Just got a new job. Only pays $12 hourly but the drive I'm not sure if it's worth it. I drive 50 miles to get to work. In September the job will be moving a bit closer which will be 42 miles still kinda far.

Omg that sucks im tking my last two courses at my university and i just moved back to my hometown, and i drive 50 miles to school and 50 miles back home. it sucks but only for 3 more weeks so im not hating.

U gotta do what u gotta do..my commute is 25 miles (hour total driving) each day

BTW..congrats on the getting the job

I commute about 40 miles each way so 80 total each day for the last 2 years which is crazy to think since my last job was 10 min away from my place max in a different state.

I'm beyond burned out and have been looking for a new gig, that either matches my salary in this state or I'm going to save and move by January.

Also having to wake up at a ridiculous time in the morning to beat rush hour traffic has me losing my mind.

If I didn't get paid weekly I would lose it. Lolz

Last edited:
Checking in from my last update

After almost a month at Nordstrom, what can I say, I love it, I definitely lucked out on this one, they're a great company, none of the employees have anything bad to say about the company, everyone is friendly, definitely made me feel welcome, and for the first time in a long time since I was doing LP at Sears, I'm happy driving to work everyday

Keep trying guys, don't give up, because you might just land a job you end up loving like I did

Back
Top Bottom