Jobless and Frustrated NTers check in VOL. WE NOT-WORKIN!!!

I don't know why, but I hate the application/searching process, especially since I'm not looking for one specific type of job. i'm in retail now and these hours/my manager are on my last nerve. I know for a fact that I'm about to leave. seriously can't believe that it's taking me this long to find another job. I've asked the district manager for a transfer, but he keeps giving me excuses, so i'm about to transfer myself to another career.

Very possible that I may have lost one of my two jobs yesterday, but I ain't gonna let nobody talk down to me so **** it...

Last edited:
Very possible that I may have lost one of my two jobs yesterday, but I ain't gonna let nobody talk down to me so **** it...
you gotta learn how to master the slick but appropriate responses 
nthat.gif

key is you gotta say it calm and borderline sarcastic.....it cuts 'em deep but there's nothing they can do about it but take it 

I took on a job through a staffing agency which was only supposed to be temporary 2-3 weeks but has turned into a month today. They're extending me until at least the end of the year :smokin. I'm hoping it leads to a permanent position. Its crazy because I wasn't going to even send my resume to the staffing agency. I figured they'd bs me like some others I had went to prior. Interviewed with them in the am, then in the afternoon the same they called and said they had something for me.

Last edited:
Any advice on what to do when working in a toxic environment?

Colleagues are fine, but the boss is 99% bipolar. Nobody can stand him and I'm starting to think this stress ain't worth it 

Got an interview at plane overhaul place. The director liked me and gave me couple bucks more then my pervious job. So I went to take the drug test and it been almosy two weeks and they haven't called me back to start. My homie who works there told me I pass the drug test but has no idea what's going on. You think I should call them friday if they dont call me by then. I declined another job offer too not working right now and need some bills to pay. Smh

Last edited:
Got an interview at plane overhaul place. The director liked me and gave me couple bucks more then my pervious job. So I went to take the drug test and it been almosy two weeks and they haven't called me back to start. My homie who works there told me I pass the drug test but has no idea what's going on. You think I should call them friday if they dont call me by then. I declined another job offer too not working right now and need some bills to pay. Smh

I would have kept all doors open to jobs in this climate, nothing is 100% until you sign on to the job. If you have no problem with the drug test, a follow up shouldn't be a problem.

On a side not I've been rejected from like my 3 or 4th job is this city, lol if I didn't have a job making way more I'd be salty right now. I can't wait to move or get a higher salary job in D.C. As I said before I've never been rejected from so many jobs in my life. I can't imagine how it is for people with no experience or education.. Damn!

Last edited:
Man I'm struggling to find work as an engineer. All these firms wanna jerk me around with not giving me rejections post interview. It's this whole process that just makes me wanna leave the industry

Quote:
Man I'm struggling to find work as an engineer. All these firms wanna jerk me around with not giving me rejections post interview. It's this whole process that just makes me wanna leave the industry
Not even receiving a rejection is irritating. At least an email is sufficient.

As my start date from my new job approached I got worried because I haven't heard from them, so I go into the office show them my contract and theanagee takes my name and number down and tell me the hiring manager will call me because he's not in. Soon after I get a call from corporate office asking me for copies of my liscene and that she will call me the next day. I never get the call the next day and my start date was supposed to be the day after I got the call. What should I do guys?

Last edited:
honestly you gotta treat it like how you would if you were tryna get the yambs. youre not really working until you get that first check so you just gotta be persistent 

Any advice on what to do when working in a toxic environment?
Colleagues are fine, but the boss is 99% bipolar. Nobody can stand him and I'm starting to think this stress ain't worth it 

I hear this man. It all depends on your living situation. Do you need the job to afford the lifestyle your living? Can you go without it for a temporary time while getting into a new position?

I've been in that situation before and I let it break me. Stressed me to no end. But now that I look back at it I would have done a couple things differently. I would have learned more about the supervisor before starting the position to know how they act. I would have been more objective of the situation instead of being subjective. I truly believe that you are the one that creates your own heaven and hell so you have to learn how to turn people's negativity into a fire to get your job done. It's hard brah I know.

Not everyone in this world is gonna be nice to you. Me personally, I treat such people as robots in my mind. Just blank emotionless robots. It helps me not give them the satisfaction of getting to me.

It's also important to know your worth. If you feel like dipping then now is the time to spruce up that resume and start looking for other work. Stress is a killer. Not worth it in the long run with all the health implications involved. Read some books to take your mind off and help you understand the situation better:

Dale Carnegie's How to stop worrying and start living & How to influence people
Jeffery Gitomer's "little" book series is phenomenal
Books on persuasion like influence by Robert Cialdini or Nick Kolenda's Methods of persuasion.

GL.

Any ideas on how you can improve your interviewing skills?

I recently had an interview and I was totally out of my element. I interact with my own managers and peeps from work like its no bigger but during this one recent interview I was slightly nervous and it threw everything off for me sent the start.

Any ideas on how you can improve your interviewing skills?

I recently had an interview and I was totally out of my element. I interact with my own managers and peeps from work like its no bigger but during this one recent interview I was slightly nervous and it threw everything off for me sent the start.

Record yourself and watch the playback. Tweak.

Or have a friend go over questions with you and take it serious.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom