Jobless and Frustrated NTers check in VOL. WE NOT-WORKIN!!!

I know people who have been unemployed for 7-8 years after graduation so when you think you have it bad remember it's tough out there

I know people who have been unemployed for 7-8 years after graduation so when you think you have it bad remember it's tough out there

There is a such thing "unemployable people" then you have those that jump from opportunity to opportunity and never stick with anything to gain a skill set or experience that an employer sees beneficial.

Knew a guy that was 50 with a master's working security and highly intelligent. He always said he should have been a millionaire but he never stuck with anything when he was younger.

Last edited:

There is a such thing "unemployable people" then you have those that jump from opportunity to opportunity and never stick with anything to gain a skill set or experience that an employer sees beneficial.

Knew a guy that was 50 with a master's working security and highly intelligent. He always said he should have been a millionaire but he never stuck with anything when he was younger.
sounds like the dudes at the gym who talks about how they should have played in the NBA if it weren't for their injuries or how they would have went D1 if they went to school word to Cesar.

talk is cheap, nah mean?

I have a friend who was unemployed after graduation for 6 months, math major couldn't seem to figure Out why he wasn't getting any offers. Was trying to go actuary route Even passes two tests. He really loves basketball so he found a job doing sports analytics. So math and basketball is his job. Moral of the story is don't take a job just to take it, know your interests and maybe you'll find something you like. PM if you need guidance, didn't land my job after 7 months of applying and found our 3 days before graduating.

repped.
thanks fam

What parallel economy is this? I worked at university for 5 years and 99.9% of the Asians there were pursuing their parents dream of becoming doctors. There was one outlier studying music and she changed from medical to music after her 1st year. Parents cut her off but she was so good in music the school decided give her a full ride And tuition was 30k.

The Asian economy in Houston is divided among the Vietimese and Koreans. Veitemese got the resturants and the Koreans got the beauty salons. They both have their corresponding blue color folk. None of which you need a 4 yr degree.

From my experience asians attend college to go somewhere in the medical. Most realize at some point they are living their parents dream and do something else.
You just answered your own question...

If they dont go to school their parents can simply pass down the family business that THEY OWN.. which they make money off of other groups off. (IM black but) How many black people can go home to their parents from school and if they dont get a job from someone else still have a business their parents can hire them from and can pass down to... not many..

What parallel economy is this? I worked at university for 5 years and 99.9% of the Asians there were pursuing their parents dream of becoming doctors. There was one outlier studying music and she changed from medical to music after her 1st year. Parents cut her off but she was so good in music the school decided give her a full ride And tuition was 30k.

The Asian economy in Houston is divided among the Vietimese and Koreans. Veitemese got the resturants and the Koreans got the beauty salons. They both have their corresponding blue color folk. None of which you need a 4 yr degree.

From my experience asians attend college to go somewhere in the medical. Most realize at some point they are living their parents dream and do something else.
You just answered your own question...
If they dont go to school their parents can simply pass down the family business that THEY OWN.. which they make money off of other groups off. (IM black but) How many black people can go home to their parents from school and if they dont get a job from someone else still have a business their parents can hire them from and can pass down to... not many..

Someone insinuated that asians can pick a degree path that parellels their economy. My question is what economy is this because most asians from my experience are going into medical and from my experience there is not an asian medical economy. If you are claiming asians have a parellel economy because they can pass down the family business, they aren't the only culture with a family business to pass down. Thus their are more people with parellel economies. Then what that have to with college, because you don't need an degree to get the family business.

Someone insinuated that asians can pick a degree path that parellels their economy. My question is what economy is this because most asians from my experience are going into medical and from my experience there is not an asian medical economy. If you are claiming asians have a parellel economy because they can pass down the family business, they aren't the only culture with a family business to pass down. Thus their are more people with parellel economies. Then what that have to with college, because you don't need an degree to get the family business.
but what it means is that.. even though they can go to college for these "big fields" if they fall short.. they still have their own jobs and careers to build off of.. Which is why their unemployment rate is lower than most groups.. parellel meaning that they dont need corporate america to make money.. if they can "infiltrate".. thats great as if they are more asian doctors they can get their own pratice and not only are they job builders in nail shops and the such.. but now they are job builders in the medical field.. so over time they have dominated another field and made it their own field.. 

did you come up with that yourself or do you have asians who told you that?
roll.gif
not even.. find me a non asian who runs an asian business and its doing well..

I talk with them all the time and they do alot of group economics.. i never hear asians complain about unemployment in any way.. not saying it doesnt exist but its a low %'age

I graduated with my Bcomm almost two years ago now, I got a job shortly after graduating but then had a stretch of 7 months without being in work OR school of any sort cuz I left my job cuz it was actually that bad for many reasons. During those 7 months my confidence was CRASHED. My brain felt like crap since I wasnt being productive. Luckily I found another job recently related to my education that I hope to build and grow with.

Its tough tho right now, a lot of people from my university program have had 2-3 diferent jobs since we graduated, or have just been laid off, or are looking for a new job now etc... how the heck is a 25 year old supposed to rent a place with that kind of job uncertainty going on? I'm in the northeast btw.  

but what it means is that.. even though they can go to college for these "big fields" if they fall short.. they still have their own jobs and careers to build off of.. Which is why their unemployment rate is lower than most groups.. parellel meaning that they dont need corporate america to make money.. if they can "infiltrate".. thats great as if they are more asian doctors they can get their own pratice and not only are they job builders in nail shops and the such.. but now they are job builders in the medical field.. so over time they have dominated another field and made it their own field.. 

Bruh trust me us asians are having hard time finding a job too.... lol IDK where you got your information from.

Bruh trust me us asians are having hard time finding a job too.... lol IDK where you got your information from.
yes everyone has a hard time finding a job in a ecnomy thats not ran by their own group.. however what im saying is that most asians have their own economy thats independent of corporate america that they can usually fall back on.. This is why you notice that asians usually support other asians businesses, have asian doctors,dentists,etc.. (Group economics)

My question was a simple one. what degree parellels an "asian economy"? It was question in response to someone saying that asians can pick a degree that parellels their economy.

My question was a simple one. what degree parellels an "asian economy"? It was question in response to someone saying that asians can pick a degree that parellels their economy.
what i mean paralell economy is meaning they have a secondary ecnomy that goes along with the "traditional corporate" ecnomy.

My advice for yall is to save when you finally come up. Honestly, in terms of teaching me fiscal responsibility, being unemployed was one of the greatest things that ever happened to me. Stack those chips because the rain don't stop sadly.

Keep your heads up and stay positive. I was unemployed for almost 14 months between 2010-2012, and I finally came up, and now I'm fighting to stay up, but just in case I don't, I got enough saved to relax in case the storm decides to shower me again.

You gotta apply, apply, apply, and never get discouraged. And dont smoke trees. I know you're home all day, and its so convenient, but abstain. You gotta be proactive and trees just gonna make you lazy.

Best of luck to you all. I admire your resiliency, and it will prove to be fruitful in due time.

My advice for yall is to save when you finally come up. Honestly, in terms of teaching me fiscal responsibility, being unemployed was one of the greatest things that ever happened to me. Stack those chips because the rain don't stop sadly.

Keep your heads up and stay positive. I was unemployed for almost 14 months between 2010-2012, and I finally came up, and now I'm fighting to stay up, but just in case I don't, I got enough saved to relax in case the storm decides to shower me again.

You gotta apply, apply, apply, and never get discouraged. And dont smoke trees. I know you're home all day, and its so convenient, but abstain. You gotta be proactive and trees just gonna make you lazy.

Best of luck to you all. I admire your resiliency, and it will prove to be fruitful in due time.
Yes dont smoke trees.. all that does is make you ignore the pain temporarily.. which means it doesnt go away because youre high..

what i mean paralell economy is meaning they have a secondary ecnomy that goes along with the "traditional corporate" ecnomy.

I read "parallel economy" and interpreted two distinct economies that run along one another but never touch. Problem is that I'm sure these asian businesses are selling corporate products and themselves part of an economy.

I read "asian economy" and interpreted an economy where the buyers and sellers are majority asian, for any economy to be successful you need buyers and sellers. Problem is that like most businesses you don't just sell to your own people and most of customers of Asian business owners are of other cultures, nail salon owners don't serve just asians, most of beauty shop customers are AA.

They don't have their own economy but they do contribute to a bigger economy.

Just got a job offer. Finally getting my foot in the door! Keep striving my people! I been looking for the last 10 months with no luck and now I am finally got something after staying at this miserable job i'm currently at. But thank you to the people in this thread because y'all really kept me motivated!!!!

Just got a job offer. Finally getting my foot in the door! Keep striving my people! I been looking for the last 10 months with no luck and now I am finally got something after staying at this miserable job i'm currently at. But thank you to the people in this thread because y'all really kept me motivated!!!!
Congrats man 
nthat.gif

Back
Top Bottom