Jobless and Frustrated NTers check in VOL. WE NOT-WORKIN!!!

Had a phone interview today...nailed it...now they want me to drive two hours to interview in person...would you guys do it or ask if I can skype?
Bruh I'm flying hundreds of miles for my interview. What's two hours?

Got a call today from the recruiter saying they received feedback from the company(did a face to face interview with the recruiter last week) wanting to do a phone interview today but had been rescheduled for tomorrow.

Got a call today from the recruiter saying they received feedback from the company(did a face to face interview with the recruiter last week) wanting to do a phone interview today but had been rescheduled for tomorrow.
True but I mean calling off of work...then traveling for something that's not guaranteed is iffy...

True but I mean calling off of work...then traveling for something that's not guaranteed is iffy...
I did it on Wednesday. Some things you have to take a risk after weighing your options. **** I felt like everything I did could have been taking care of over the phone.

But I'm living in Louisiana and giving these companies the mindset I'm there living in DC. When I get a call about coming in for a interview I'm making plans for someone to cover my shift so I can make that interview. I don't have time to miss out on opportunities.

I already missed out on what could have been a 60k job in NYC. Can't let it happen again

Just different strokes

I've said it before but I've gotten calls for interviews where I had to be there the very next day to interview and I just book those flights and go. Tell any lie that I need to tell and have even ended up on the same flight as my boss once and had to pay more money to change it.

Off-topic, but for those working in NYC..

What salary do you need to survive?

60K minimum to not be struggling? Even though I'm sure that would take some budgeting, even being single.

Last edited:
Off-topic, but for those working in NYC..

What salary do you need to survive?

60K minimum to not be struggling? Even though I'm sure that would take some budgeting, even being single.
$60k is pretty decent. I make around that right now, but luckily, I own my current place.

I'd say $60k is good if you can find a place in BK / Queens.

So working in a local governmental capacity in NJ all salaries are public record and the money some of these people are making is mind blowing, police officers making 120k plus with no formal education not hating though.

So working in a local governmental capacity in NJ all salaries are public record and the money some of these people are making is mind blowing, police officers making 120k plus with no formal education not hating though.
Actually you should be. I know I am. Down in Toms River (pop. 90,000) the top police official makes as much the top guy in NYC. NJ police officers probably make the most of any state, which is partly why taxes are kinda crazy. It goes to the police and local governments. It's absurd. 
mean.gif

It's absurd but that's the system we have. I start a job 3 months ago hated the last job nepotism was rampant new job youngest person and only black person.

Going on month 3 of being laid off/unemployed. Holiday time is when my field dries up. I'm not about that retail life, which seems to be the only industry hiring
mean.gif

I might have something in my hands in a few weeks, not too sure yet.

It's absurd but that's the system we have. I start a job 3 months ago hated the last job nepotism was rampant new job youngest person and only black person.
bro, please use the correct form of punctuation next time. It was tough reading that sentence.

Going on month 3 of being laid off/unemployed. Holiday time is when my field dries up. I'm not about that retail life, which seems to be the only industry hiring :smh:
hang in there bro, its been 4 months for me

Got the job I was talking about yesterday to schedule the interview via skype since I want to get in the Dallas office. Starbucks for my potential background is a good route to go or nay? I'll be doing it on my lunch break which is why I asked.

Got the job I was talking about yesterday to schedule the interview via skype since I want to get in the Dallas office. Starbucks for my potential background is a good route to go or nay? I'll be doing it on my lunch break which is why I asked.

You gon be like Dev breh? Find somewhere more quiet and secluded

Last edited:
Does anybody take a notebook with questions for the interviewer, when they go on interviews?

I need to, thought about it but usually have questions. You could just look over them while you are waiting in the lobby

Does anybody take a notebook with questions for the interviewer, when they go on interviews?
Sure do. I have a word document with questions typical questions that are asked, along with responses, as well as questions to ask the interviewer. 

Its highly useful, I print/load it up on my phone before every interview.
Yo send that word document my way if you don't mind. Have a interview Tuesday

I need to kill this interview, instead of getting thanks but no thanks

Yo send that word document my way if you don't mind. Have a interview Tuesday

I need to kill this interview, instead of getting thanks but no thanks
Can I get said copy too if you don't mind? I have an interview Tuesday as well via Skype in the DFW area would really love to nail this.

Any of you trying to build yourselves while you're out of work or looking for better employment? I think that discussion needs to be had in here as well to put things in further perspective.

Any of you trying to build yourselves while you're out of work or looking for better employment? I think that discussion needs to be had in here as well to put things in further perspective.
You mean like learning new skills and such?

Back
Top Bottom