Jobless and Frustrated NTers check in VOL. WE NOT-WORKIN!!!

Well I guess you can add me for this group...literally just got fired for no apparent reason.

Kind of don't want to get a job again because there's a lot of weird stuff going on, but I know I need a steady income.

Unless you have a decade plus of experience I dont think theres any reason your resume should be longer than one page. I'd trim it before I have it get to two pages. I'm six years into working if that helps any.

Age old question, but should your resume be anything longer than a page ? In the tech field and finding it hard shortening my resume with all the various projects I've worked on along with skills, employment history etc.

Usually two pages are recommended. It would almost impossible for an experienced individual to keep it to one.

I know Mark has more experience then me in this field, but I have been told to keep it to one page if possible

Well I guess you can add me for this group...literally just got fired for no apparent reason.

Kind of don't want to get a job again because there's a lot of weird stuff going on, but I know I need a steady income.

Sorry to hear man. Getting laid off or fired sucks. You'll bounce back though.

Any Apple people shed some light?

I had a follow up interview Friday morning with the store manager and felt it went well. She stated the next steps would be someone reaching out within 24 to 48 hours. It has since been 4 days. Should I call into the store following up, email the automated message that invited me to the follow up, or just keep waiting since they may be busy because of the event today?

thanks in avance.

Any Apple people shed some light?

I had a follow up interview Friday morning with the store manager and felt it went well. She stated the next steps would be someone reaching out within 24 to 48 hours. It has since been 4 days. Should I call into the store following up, email the automated message that invited me to the follow up, or just keep waiting since they may be busy because of the event today?

thanks in avance.
Call if u don't hear anything by Friday

Question. What if a recruiter tells you the rate. gets approval from the hiring managers and execs but HR changes the hourly rate to a lower one.

For me, I'd pass if possible. Had where I tell a rate to a recruiter and they accept, then they come back saying they can't do that. I pass because it's a poor first impression to me. Either they're sketchy, or don't have their act together. You can speak to HR telling them this is the rate you'll accept.

I disagree. It's about leverage. Gaining experience in a field you are trying to make a career out of is more than important than initial salary. This doesn't apply clearly if you're 5 years in and have multiple offers and recruiters constantly hitting you up.

Random question but for those in banking what was your previous job that you gained experience from? I'm currently a student loan processor with a degree in finance trying to get into loan underwriting.

Any recommendations on where to look for part time gigs after the 9-5? Checked indeed earlier and it was none dry.

Coca Cola text me to set up an interview, called the HR number they sent talked to the HR person and the job is paying less than what I'm making now. But I told her I applied for a fountain installer position and she said she was going to figure out the manager's schedule since they're starting interviews for that on Monday. Said to give her a call by lunch time on Monday if I haven't heard back. She also was viewing my resume and telling me that I have a wealth of experience, so I'm feeling confident. The facility is in walking distance to my apt so it would be so clutch if I landed this and was able to save on gas, Atlanta traffic, and mileage. Have a homie that works there and he said he would put the good word in for me so I'm guessing he must have.

Not gonna get my hopes up but I feel good about it.

Coca Cola text me to set up an interview, called the HR number they sent talked to the HR person and the job is paying less than what I'm making now. But I told her I applied for a fountain installer position and she said she was going to figure out the manager's schedule since they're starting interviews for that on Monday. Said to give her a call by lunch time on Monday if I haven't heard back. She also was viewing my resume and telling me that I have a wealth of experience, so I'm feeling confident. The facility is in walking distance to my apt so it would be so clutch if I landed this and was able to save on gas, Atlanta traffic, and mileage. Have a homie that works there and he said he would put the good word in for me so I'm guessing he must have.

Not gonna get my hopes up but I feel good about it.

Crossing my fingers for you bruh!

Crossing my fingers for you bruh!
Thanks killer, been doing this mindless security job for 7 year and just 2 years ago was made a supervisor. When she asked me why I wanted a change I told her that this job doesn't challenge me mentally or physically. In the interview I won't bash current company, I'll just tell them there's not much room for development and that I don't agree with their manager values and structure.

Thanks killer, been doing this mindless security job for 7 year and just 2 years ago was made a supervisor. When she asked me why I wanted a change I told her that this job doesn't challenge me mentally or physically. In the interview I won't bash current company, I'll just tell them there's not much room for development and that I don't agree with their manager values and structure.

That 7 years will go a long way for you in your future endeavors. Hiring managers and bosses like that type of loyalty when they see it on a resume. Just make sure you leave on good terms when you do.

Kind of lost interest in applying for a job at the moment, especially if I can't get the ideal job that I want.

That 7 years will go a long way for you in your future endeavors. Hiring managers and bosses like that type of loyalty when they see it on a resume. Just make sure you leave on good terms when you do.
Oh absolutely, I'm not at odds with anyone at the company and I'm not a disgruntled employee so it will be a smooth break up. Just gonna put my 2 weeks when my next job comes and leave on a positive note.

Back
Top Bottom