Joey Bada$$ 1999 mixtape

I'm a fan. You can tell dude is a student on hip-hop. How many 17 years olds you know have ever even heard of Lord Finnese? Or know where thr hook " Who the f&$@ passed you the mic and said that you could flow..."? This tape is
pimp.gif
and like someone said before he's a young cat so there is definitely a lot of room for growth.

i love the production on this tape. all them old school chillout beats. he can spit and im a supporter of him he will only get better if he puts the time into it and he will be a beast

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

Or know where thr hook " Who the f&$@ passed you the mic and said that you could flow..."?
That's off Infinite, right? I wasn't sure if it was used somewhere else, because not a lot of people have even heard Infinite.

All those references he makes just take me back.
pimp.gif

I just listened to the tape and wow
pimp.gif

Im convinced son took a time machine back to '94 and recorded the album. The last track was a very good posse cut. Everybody went in, I thought before I even listen to it that I was gonna skip that track. And he ripped the Doom tracks too
pimp.gif

I can say this is refreshing music to hear especially coming from some young brothas mane.

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

Or know where thr hook " Who the f&$@ passed you the mic and said that you could flow..."?
That's off Infinite, right? I wasn't sure if it was used somewhere else, because not a lot of people have even heard Infinite.

All those references he makes just take me back.
pimp.gif
Yeah
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I will give this a listen and share my thoughts later. I listened to Daily Routine which is a solid track...intrigued to hear more.

Just watched the vid for hardknock n the flows are too nice

Im downloading this asap

Really enjoying this. I wish the beats were mixed a little higher, but I'm assuming that's deliberate. I'm trying to figure out if I'm the only person who thinks he sounds like Big Noyd.

Originally Posted by MoodMuzik75

So far so good. Give it a chance. The tape is nice , yes it sounds like 90s rap but to be honest its pretty damn good . He's got skills .

I am very impressed

edit: also I recognize that beat on Survival Tactics from somewhere, I know its Big L but can't think of the song right now.

Love the use of the subtle vocals used in the beat for Hardknock.
smokin.gif

The sample for fly like an eagle in Funky Ho'$ was used nicely too
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

I find it hard to believe a 17 year old put this *@$% together.

It's like he stole a bunch of old rhyme books from '94.

One of those tapes you can play from the beginning to end w/out any skips imo...

Back
Top Bottom