Joey Bada$$ 1999 mixtape

Enjoy.

Travel in time to the year 2062, where an aged Joey had given up on his rap dreams years ago and as a result has become a filthy stinking rich philanthropist. However, he travels back to 2012 to see what could have been. Like, why? If I gave up my dreams to pursue and eventually attain a plethora of Ms? I'd buy  new dreams. But I digress.

Directed by Rik Cordero, and scored by Statik Selektah.

Enjoy.

Travel in time to the year 2062, where an aged Joey had given up on his rap dreams years ago and as a result has become a filthy stinking rich philanthropist. However, he travels back to 2012 to see what could have been. Like, why? If I gave up my dreams to pursue and eventually attain a plethora of Ms? I'd buy
 new dreams. But I digress.

Directed by Rik Cordero, and scored by Statik Selektah

This was a dope short film! I comend joey for working on project like this.

It was cool. A lot more interested in the song and beats that were in it, they sounded nice.

^Statik Selektah did the music. I noticed two tracks were versions/samples of Dead Presidents and Juicy. I am intrigued to hear that track with Joey at the end of the film.

Big Dusty 

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

joey is one of my favorite rappers atm but that gritty raspy flow he's been doing is not that great. 1999 was so much more smooth and soulful

joey-bad-b4da-tour.jpg

Joey Bad***** Announces "B4.DA.$$" Tour

Sept. 26th - New Haven (Toad's Place)

Sept. 27th - Boston (Paradise)
Sept. 28th – Toronto (Guvernment)
Sept. 29th – Detroit (Majestic)
Sept. 30th - Chicago (Bottom Lounge/Metro)
Oct. 1st – Madison (Barrymore)
Oct. 2nd – Chicago (Bottom Lounge/Metro)
Oct. 3rd – Minneapolis (Fine Line/Mill City)
Oct. 4th – Lawrence (Granada)
Oct. 5th - Omaha (Slowdown)
Oct. 7th - Denver (Gothic)
Oct. 8th - Salt Lake City (Complex)
Oct. 10th - Seattle (Showbox)
Oct. 11th - Vancouver (Vogue)
Oct. 12th – Portland (Roseland)
Oct. 14th – San Francisco (Fillmore)
Oct. 15th - Santa Cruz (Catalyst)
Oct. 16th – Centura (Ventura Theater)
Oct. 17th - Los Angeles (Echoplex)
Oct. 18th – Santa Ana (Observatory)
Oct. 19th – San Diego (World Beat)
Oct. 20th - Phoenix (Club Red)
Oct. 22nd - Albuquerque (Sunshine)
Oct. 24th - Austin (Scoot Inn/Emos)
Oct. 25th – Dallas (Southside)
Oct. 26th - Houston (Warehouse)
Oct. 28th - New Orleans (House of Blues)
Oct. 31st – Tampa (Orpheum)
Oct. 31st – St Pete (State Theatre)
Nov. 1st - Orlando (Firestone)
Nov. 2nd - Atlanta (Masquerade)
Nov. 4th – Carrboro (Cat's Cradle)
Nov. 5th – Washington, DC (Fillmore)
Nov. 7th – Philadelphia (TLA)
Nov. 8th – New York (Irving Plaza)
Nov. 11th - New York (Irving Plaza)

@airmatic I agree with you about his vocals but it works very well on Big Dusty.

Glad to see he is having a tour and I will try to see him at Irving Plaza. I just wish he had a release date on the album.

Big Dusty video is real good.

Def seeing him on tour. They go on sale Friday. Presale tomorrow but Idk the code.

Last edited:
Going to try and check out one of the two NYC shows. Really haven't been into his music since 1999, PEEP, and only a few cuts from Summer Knights. I know I always say that in this thread, but I can't help but feel like dude should have put out way more music by now. Career took a turn after 1999...

might have to hit up one of those irving plaza shows :nthat:

loved the video too... real gritty & it fit the track real well.

A lot people sleep on Joey but kid has a lot of talent. Summer Knights was a dope follow up to 1999. Can't wait for his album!

I went to elementary school with Chuck Strangers. Dude was literally my best friend in the 4th grade. We used to talk about DBZ and ****, we even went to the same daycare center for afterschool where he managed to install DBZ Hyper Dimension on the PCs there
laugh.gif
  I never knew he was into music hardbody like that tho, nor was I aware that he was an aspiring beatmaker.

I moved away from NY in 06 but got back in touch with him and all my other elementary buddies via FB around 09. I just remembered him as the DBZ and video game expert, but now he was making beats and stuff. Used to hit me up saying we would chill when I visited NY but that obviously isn't happening now
laugh.gif

I noticed about two years later that he kept tagging his photos with some kid named Joey Badass, who I gave a listen and dug, but didn't really pay much attention to until dude blew up. Then I saw a status he posted that said something like "the first mixtape I made all the beats for got nominated for a BET award. I told ya'll ****** I make beats"

I'm like ***** what?
eek.gif
Che from Ms DeRose's class is famous now?

I'm proud of my ***** more than any of ya'll can know. Just the fact that one of us kids from that Brooklyn neighborhood is doing big things, living his dream, is a wonderful feeling and inspiring to me.

I told folks that our generation was gonna wreck ****--just waiting on my turn next.

Big ups to the homie Che.

Back
Top Bottom