Joey Bada$$ 1999 mixtape

Gave it a minute listen.

Seems solid enough. Still haven't heard a "Waves" or "Hardknock" off the album. 

Love the drums on No. 99. Very solid. Between this and Christ Conscious, I'm pumped. I like the art direction for both videos, too, especially CC.

Really hoping the album is more "1999" than anything else he's dropped since. I'm sure either way I'll enjoy it, but 1999 is just amazing.

Still ride around NYC bumping that tape.

Really hoping the album is more "1999" than anything else he's dropped since. I'm sure either way I'll enjoy it, but 1999 is just amazing.

Still ride around NYC bumping that tape.
Its still heavy in my rotation, almost on a weekly basis. Summer Knights was also very good but when I play them back to back, you can't even compare. 

I like the sound off the 3 tracks we have heard off of this album. Sounds seems like more of that grimey NYC sound we heard on 1999.

Production Credits

1. Save The Children (prod by Statik Selektah)
2. Greenbax (prod by Lee Bannon)
3. Paper Trails (prod. by DJ Premier)
4. Piece of Mine (prod by Freddie Joachim)
5. Big Dusty (prod by Kirk Knight)
6. Hazeus View (prod. by Kirk Knight)
7. Like Me ft. BJ The Chicago Kid (prod. by J Dilla & The Roots)
8. Belly Of The Beast ft. Chronixx (prod by Hit Boy)
9. No. 99  (prod. by Statik Selektah)
10. Christ Conscious  (prod. by Basquiat)
11. On & On ft. Maverick Sabre & Dyemond Lewis (prod by Freddie Joachim)
12. Escape 120" featuring Raury (prod. by Chuck Strangers)
13. Black Beatles (prod by Chuck Strangers)
14. O.C.B. (prod. by Sam I AM & The Soul Rebels)
15. Curry Chicken  (prod. by Statik Selektah)
(Bonus) Run Up On Ya ft. Action Bronson & Elle Varner (prod. by Statik Selektah)
(Bonus) Teach Me How ft. Kiesza (prod by Chuck Strangers & ASTR)

joey-badass-b4daass.jpg

If we get more of Curry Chicken and Christ Conscious this is going to be a very strong offering from Joey. 

Word! I think he has released way too many songs before the album officially drops. I've only listened to 3. Its funny cause they are all available for me to listen but I refuse to listen to Curry Chicken or On & On until the album drop.

Word! I think he has released way too many songs before the album officially drops. I've only listened to 3. Its funny cause they are all available for me to listen but I refuse to listen to Curry Chicken or On & On until the album drop.
Arguably the two better songs from what he has released. Much better than No 99 and Big Dusty IMO

Thats good to hear especially since I like Big Dusty and No. 99. When I first listen to the album I want to not have heard a good amount of songs so thats my reason for holding out but I am glad to hear people are liking these two recent releases. I have good vibes about this album.

I am glad to see Freddi Joachim got 2 tracks on this album. I've wanted to hear more from him since Waves.

Last edited:
Have only heard Big Dusty and Christ Consious. Both are great and I'm just holding out to hear it in its entirety. Love seeing the good reviews in here though. Makes it hard not to listen.

Back
Top Bottom