John Elliott + Co Thread

I don't, but I did buy the "chrome wash" hoodie a while back. Not sure how similar they are, but the Chrome Wash hoodie was super stiff and uncomfortable. I ended up returning it to Nordstrom

Thanks. Curious if anyone has the marble hoodie, especially the sizing. I may pull the trigger online.

Am I the only person that hasn’t even gotten a shipping confirmation email from that 50% off sale? :lol:

can anyone tell me if they have ever dropped the Escobar sweatpants in the camo tie dye like the sweatshirt below?

6E6599B5-061E-4082-8E5D-8539D7D1EF7E.jpeg

Coast 2 for $192 in larger sizes. They got some other decent deals too but sizes are scattered.

What are some essential JE pieces in your guys' opinions?

I got a few amount of pieces during the holidays and I like a lot of them, but I don't think I can justify their prices. Probably sending a good portion back. What are staples you guys think are worth it?

I'm not the type to spend a stack of cash on clothes, so this dude pricing mesh shorts at these prices is wild to me :lol: but I am a big fan of some of his stuff. Trying to be way less materialistic and go with the minimalist lifestyle and put my money to more worthwhile things, so I'll just invest in some staple pieces of JE.

And those dudes on Styleforum are wild. Literally stack up on JE pieces for the hell of it :lol:

I got a few amount of pieces during the holidays and I like a lot of them, but I don't think I can justify their prices. Probably sending a good portion back.

What did you get / sending back?

I'm wearing my Nimbus denim right now, which I think is one of their best washes. Got them for $220 on Barney's going out of business sale (then they dropped even further, I believe). Also got a Mocha Beach Hoodie for Xmas that I really like, which is the only non-denim JE item I own

What did you get / sending back?

I'm wearing my Nimbus denim right now, which I think is one of their best washes. Got them for $220 on Barney's going out of business sale (then they dropped even further, I believe). Also got a Mocha Beach Hoodie for Xmas that I really like, which is the only non-denim JE item I own

I got the double dye raglan hoodie, spec fleece hoodie, double dye ebisu sweats, vintage fleece sweats in black (these really suck lol), a buffalo polarfleece, and replica crew. No denim, but I hear that's where JE really shines.

All the stuff other than the vintage fleece sweats is dope, but for example, I don't think the polarfleece justifies the price over let's say a Uniqlo fleece in terms of feel. I know that's wild to say, but I dunno. This is coming from a person just starting to dabble with higher end pieces. Same with the replica crew vs. any other crewneck. Also the double dye hoodie/sweats is dope in terms of weight and stuff, but the dyeing nonsense seems like a scam. My pair barely got any dye on it and the JE website definitely makes it look more unique than in reality :lol: . The hoodie is nice, but I'm not sure how much nicer it is compared to my cheaper plain hoodies I have from other brands.

I'll keep some stuff, but return most of it I feel like. I got some of this stuff after searching style forum. Never again man :lol:. Those dudes are wild to me. I guess I still got that growing up broke/how the hell can you spend this much on a hoodie and sweats mentality. That cheapness probably never going to go away lol. I also feel like I should be more responsible with money since I'm in school for an additional 4 more years.

I'll keep some stuff, but return most of it I feel like. I got some of this stuff after searching style forum. Never again man :lol:. Those dudes are wild to me. I guess I still got that growing up broke/how the hell can you spend this much on a hoodie and sweats mentality. That cheapness probably never going to go away lol. I also feel like I should be more responsible with money since I'm in school for an additional 4 more years.

Yea, don't try to compete with some of those guys. I think at least a few of them are doctors, Software Engineers, etc. AKA - they got a lot of extra money to throw around.

And like someone just recently posted in that SF thread - stick with the basics / neutral colors on most items. That and try to buy only when on sale. At least that is what I do. Not trying to drop $400 on denim, because even $220 is still pretty expensive. I got my other 2 pairs for like $160 (Meguro) and $180 (Iodine). JE always does a Black Friday sale, and many of the major retailers that stock JE will also have sales periodically through the season (Nordstrom, Saks, etc.). I'm waiting for Nordstrom to hold another 40% off sale, to grab the raw indigo cast 2's. You can also find BNWT items listed on Grailed. Lastly, don't forget to use cashback sites in addition to sales prices. 10% cashback on Rakuten, Top Cashback, etc. can help offset the high prices.

What are some essential JE pieces in your guys' opinions?

I got a few amount of pieces during the holidays and I like a lot of them, but I don't think I can justify their prices. Probably sending a good portion back. What are staples you guys think are worth it?

I'm not the type to spend a stack of cash on clothes, so this dude pricing mesh shorts at these prices is wild to me :lol: but I am a big fan of some of his stuff. Trying to be way less materialistic and go with the minimalist lifestyle and put my money to more worthwhile things, so I'll just invest in some staple pieces of JE.

And those dudes on Styleforum are wild. Literally stack up on JE pieces for the hell of it :lol:

IMO and this is coming from someone who got into JE because of Escobars and Villans many years ago:
  • a pair or two of sweatpants, whichever fits your style/build, in neutral colors. Personally like Rios.
  • a pair or two of black and blue Cast 2 jeans, clean (no blowout knees or paint splatters). Carbons and raw (blue and black) for me.
  • a few hoodies, in different colors, in the styles that match your body/build. I would say neutral colors here but If a wild color vibes with you, grab it and take care of it; chances are someone on Grailed will want it when you're ready to part with it. My favorite is a black Loopwheel Flash Zip-Up I was lucky enough to snag, goes with everything.
  • an outerwear piece; I'm more of a sporty outerware person (bombers, baseball jackets) so an Oak Bogata and Charcoal Stadium are my go-to's.

I'm partial to the raschel and cordoroy basketball shorts but the length and style isn't for everyone and IMO isn't timeless.

The key is to determine your fit (ie pick pieces that make sense and fit your body) and don't go wild and pay Pokemon and try to collect them all. Theres always something new coming next season, be picky with your style. And don't be bothered by those guys; I don't see it any different than an affluent sneakerhead posting new purchases week after week, basically collecting. I do think that most don't keep everything and tons of stuff gets sent back or thrown up on Grailed/classifieds.

If you really want something, buy it, but limit your full price purchases. Everything eventually goes on sale.

Larger sizes tend to go on sale more frequently, I've noticed smaller sizes sell out faster. Not sure why.

Also, can't stress enough, most don't have the build of a JE model. Keep that in mind when sizing and styling. An elongated anti-expo on a shorter build might look odd, a classic crew would be better here. Don't purchase something based on how it looks on someone else unless you have their exact build.

Last edited:
Not sure if that SF member is on here, but there was a post with 19 hoodies for sale this morning. That's what happened to me but on a smaller scale, ended up unloading a bunch on Grailed. Too many similar hoodies of the same color didn't make much sense after a while to me either.

I did keep a Running Thru Vietnam OS cropped washed and an Oak Kake. Color on the RTV washed is amazing.

What’s up fellas looking into buying my first JE piece and saw this tee. Do any of you guys own it? How is it?
750AD23E-AA0B-4CD9-A4EA-DBEE0A4D4C0C.png

What’s up fellas looking into buying my first JE piece and saw this tee. Do any of you guys own it? How is it?
750AD23E-AA0B-4CD9-A4EA-DBEE0A4D4C0C.png

I love all my University and Anti-Expo tees.

Make sure to size down on the University tees if you don't like the oversized look.

-Drew

I personally stopped buying all tees from John Elliott since I discovered Uniform LA

John Elliott is overpriced af

What makes a plain white/neutral colored tee worth let's say $40 from JE or UniformLA over one of the plain cotton tees you get at Uniqlo? I'm genuinely curious since all my plain tees I rock in the summer are just cheap cotton one's I get on sale. Uniqlo does a decent tee in my mind.

What makes a plain white/neutral colored tee worth let's say $40 from JE or UniformLA over one of the plain cotton tees you get at Uniqlo? I'm genuinely curious since all my plain tees I rock in the summer are just cheap cotton one's I get on sale. Uniqlo does a decent tee in my mind.

Made in USA, fit, higher quality fabrics, higher quality build (sewing, stitching etc).

I have a Vintage LS from UniformLA and comparing it to an older JCrew garment dyed shirt I have - it fits betters, the neck collar is flatter / nicer while the JCrew collar is kind of warped and not stitched down the same way, wrist collars are nicer, etc. Plus made in USA by a small business (not a giant corporation).

for me it's the fit and fit is everything
uniqlo tees look like any other tees. looks like an undershirt and the designer tees look like they are meant to be worn by itself
the supima tees from uniformla are incredibly soft and comfortable. they drape very well and the cut is a little longer

it will all depend on how much you care of course. i own a lot of tees from all 3 brands (uniqlo, john elliott, uniform la)
i wear the supima uniform la the most and i wear the uniqlo tees whenever im bumming around in sweats and don't care if i get them dirty

3M on my caterpillar sweats pealed off after 2 washes (cold water/delicate/hang dry). They are still my favorite sweats but for ~$500 retail that shouldn’t happen.

I got some of the double dye stuff, and they make it look way better on the website than in reality. Maybe the stuff I got just didn't get much dye on it since each piece is unique. No idea. Felt like a mcdonald's burger commercial vs. reality.

JE website really makes their stuff look amazing.

I do like the unique washing and dyeing things JE is playing with.

I got some of the double dye stuff, and they make it look way better on the website than in reality. Maybe the stuff I got just didn't get much dye on it since each piece is unique. No idea. Felt like a mcdonald's burger commercial vs. reality.

JE website really makes their stuff look amazing.

I do like the unique washing and dyeing things JE is playing with.
i recently bought the washed black LA sweats
they are dope. would recommend
fitted more like normal sweatpants as opposed to joggers

Back
Top Bottom