John Wall.....Bust?

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Originally Posted by DIOR PAINT

Last night's game sums up the season perfectly.

J. Wall can only do so much surrounded by parasites.
Seriously.
THIS! I don't look out for him at all, but if he's playing one of my teams I'll watch. Anyway, this kid is 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
 He deserves every penny he's making.. To consider him a bust is foolish
indifferent.gif
.. I can only imagine if he played with a solid team, how crazy he'd shine 
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by JsindaA

That's about a third of the current season. So that's a large sample size. Not to mention you made the statement that Kyrie was a better player after like 35 games. So if we are going to use that small a sample why can't I? I can use the games before and after the break if you want. Wall started slower but there is no way Kyrie is better overall. That was my pointEdit and you said the last 2 weeks
Na, I clearly said as of right now. Meaning this season, and at this point in time. I haven't watched in two weeks like I said, but how can 10 games show anything other than the fact he's on a better track? So you just gonna disregard 25 games and go with the 10 which is a "large sample size"? Makes no sense. The fact that you talking about before and after break (which was just last weekend) solidifies the fact that he's still inconsistent. On top of that he wasn't even close to out of shape prior to these "10 games" 

Originally Posted by Wade187

That's about a third of the current season. So that's a large sample size. Not to mention you made the statement that Kyrie was a better player after like 35 games. So if we are going to use that small a sample why can't I? I can use the games before and after the break if you want. Wall started slower but there is no way Kyrie is better overall. That was my pointEdit and you said the last 2 weeks
Na, I clearly said as of right now. Meaning this season, and at this point in time. I haven't watched in two weeks like I said, but how can 10 games show anything other than the fact he's on a better track? So you just gonna disregard 25 games and go with the 10 which is a "large sample size"? Makes no sense. The fact that you talking about before and after break (which was just last weekend) solidifies the fact that he's still inconsistent. On top of that he wasn't even close to out of shape prior to these "10 games" 

Even this season he's better. Kyrie is the better scorer and that's where the conversation begins and ends. Wall is better at everything else. And how is he inconsistent? I didn't ignore the rest of the season if you read through the thread you'll see I have not ignored that. Over th course of time you pointed is what I based the sample on. In that time wall is unquestionably better and as a pg this season the same holds true.

Is wall a bust far from it but is he the player that a lot of ppl including NT hyped him up to be nooooo. Its no hate i know basketball dude was overrated out of college. There is no denying he is physically gifted but thats not enough in the NBA. I remember him coming out of college NT and the whole world was saying he is going to be better than Rose. Not happening, next year will determine a lot for wall but you cant call him a bust.

Originally Posted by ballislife32688

Is wall a bust far from it but is he the player that a lot of ppl including NT hyped him up to be nooooo. Its no hate i know basketball dude was overrated out of college. There is no denying he is physically gifted but thats not enough in the NBA. I remember him coming out of college NT and the whole world was saying he is going to be better than Rose. Not happening, next year will determine a lot for wall but you cant call him a bust.

No one said this. 

JsindaA....It's funny how dudes will take a 30 game sample to declare Kyrie being a far superior player...but will 1) ignore what Wall did in his rookie year and 2) ignore what Wall's done in his past 10-15 games. 

laugh.gif

He's playing with absolute awful players.  The fact that he is putting up the #'s that he does is a testament to how good he really is.  HOPEFULLY the team surrounds him with better guys going forward. 

Honestly, this is one of the dumbest threads I've seen on here in the past few weeks.  Some of yall are talking just to talk...
30t6p3b.gif

100% Truth.

No one said this. 

There definitely were some. Which was foolish and unfair to him from the jump to constantly get Rose comparisons. 

It might have been foolish but the guys looked like clones under Cal.  I'd argue Wall was largely better as a freshman than Rose was as well.

Originally Posted by Al3xis

No one said this. 

There definitely were some. Which was foolish and unfair to him from the jump to constantly get Rose comparisons. 

Here's my thing (and I probably shouldn't have said "no one said that" knowing how NT rolls)....

Rose didn't come into the league as a top-5 PG.  He had to obviously work his way into that spot.  If we're comparing rookie seasons, then yea...you can make a case for Wall STATISTICALLY being the better of the two.  It probably wasn't that far out of the realm of possibility that Wall's trajectory COULD have been the same or greater than Rose's.  As things played out, they are in two TOTALLY different scenarios, and by all accounts, they are two totally different types of PGs.  I get where the comparisons come from seeing that they both played under Cal as PGs...but that is where it should have stopped.  But it's the nature of being a fan and folks will always want to compare the "next" guy to someone who came before.

In the next 2-3 years, I'm confident that Wall will be in the discussion as one of the top-5 at 1 in the NBA.  Like Rose, he'll have to work his way into that spot.  He has a long way to go, but he'll get there. 

Hes far from a bust hes playing in a wasteland that is Washington.. he does need to improve his shot but the kid has skills, and hell be a good player for some time

If Wall had just ONE good veteran he could play with, ONE proven player in this league, ONE person who understands the game.....he would be WAY better.

That's the biggest thing I see with Wall and a lot of the top guards who come out.

Kyrie is surrounded by veterans

Rose came into the league with a playoff team.

Westbrook already had Durant.

Tyreke Evans had no one around him and won ROY. He's like in the same situation to me. Playing with a bunch of lottery players with no IQ (except Isaiah tho)

Even someone like Monta Ellis, when he got into the league the Warriors had Baron and Captain Jack, they were at least a playoff team. Without them he is in the same situation, surrounded by young inexperienced players, and at the bottom of the standings.

It's about who you're with. You can't win anything in the NBA alone.

No one said this. 

Here's my thing (and I probably shouldn't have said "no one said that" knowing how NT rolls)....

Rose didn't come into the league as a top-5 PG.  He had to obviously work his way into that spot.  If we're comparing rookie seasons, then yea...you can make a case for Wall STATISTICALLY being the better of the two.  It probably wasn't that far out of the realm of possibility that Wall's trajectory COULD have been the same or greater than Rose's.  As things played out, they are in two TOTALLY different scenarios, and by all accounts, they are two totally different types of PGs.  I get where the comparisons come from seeing that they both played under Cal as PGs...but that is where it should have stopped.  But it's the nature of being a fan and folks will always want to compare the "next" guy to someone who came before.

In the next 2-3 years, I'm confident that Wall will be in the discussion as one of the top-5 at 1 in the NBA.  Like Rose, he'll have to work his way into that spot.  He has a long way to go, but he'll get there. 
He's not cracking that top 5 list at all in 2-3 years. Rose aint going anywhere nor is Chris Paul, Derron Williams, Rondo, Westbrook etc. Im in no way hating I think Wall could be the man but those ppl in front of him aren't old at all and only getting better. Wall is good but soon the word overrated will come into play if something doesn't change.

No one said this. 

JsindaA....It's funny how dudes will take a 30 game sample to declare Kyrie being a far superior player...but will 1) ignore what Wall did in his rookie year and 2) ignore what Wall's done in his past 10-15 games. 

laugh.gif

Hilarious. He's played 30 games but the fact that wall has outplayed him, by a substantial margin, in the past 15 games is inadmissible? That's half of Kyrie's entire career. Am I missing something? Ballislife....he is already top 10 without being close to his potential. What reason logically says he can't surpass these players? He develops a respectable jumper and he's literally unguardable

He's not cracking that top 5 list at all in 2-3 years. Rose aint going anywhere nor is Chris Paul, Derron Williams, Rondo, Westbrook etc. Im in no way hating I think Wall could be the man but those ppl in front of him aren't old at all and only getting better. Wall is good but soon the word overrated will come into play if something doesn't change.
so who  is the "etc" exactly..? are there a bunch of other supertalented 21 year old PGs i don't know about who blow him out of the water? outside of those guys, Wall will most certainly be knocking on the door. 
Rondo? ehh.. idk how much better he will get as a player from this point. he's scraped his ceiling.

Originally Posted by Deuce King

He's playing with absolute awful players.  The fact that he is putting up the #'s that he does is a testament to how good he really is.  HOPEFULLY the team surrounds him with better guys going forward. 

Honestly, this is one of the dumbest threads I've seen on here in the past few weeks.  Some of yall are talking just to talk...
30t6p3b.gif

100% Truth.

Just look at this
30t6p3b.gif
My dude DT posted this in the season thread

“We lost the game before we went on the court,

once wall leaves washington, he'll be straight. sorry to the loyal wizards fans on this board, but he gotta leave.

I'm starting to think ya'll %!%%#% are lightweight trolling now with this Wall leaving Washington nonsense.

Yeah I might leave (and rightfully so if thinks don't change)...but it won't be after his rookie deal. You'd think he was in the WORST situation ever the way %!%%#% keep campaigning for his escape on this board.

Yes I'm mad.

dude is legit. Just the spot he's in is bad. Unless they Bottom out and get Davis, he needs to get out next year.

I'm starting to think ya'll %!%%#% are lightweight trolling now with this Wall leaving Washington nonsense.

Yeah I might leave (and rightfully so if thinks don't change)...but it won't be after his rookie deal. You'd think he was in the WORST situation ever the way %!%%#% keep campaigning for his escape on this board.

Yes I'm mad.

Name me a Good PG who has it worst than he does?

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

Yes I'm mad.

Name me a Good PG who has it worst than he does?
That's not even the point.

Historically...how many #1 overall draft picks come to bad teams and $+%+ is all good by year 2? A shortened year 2 with a couple weeks of training camp on one of the youngest teams in the league at that. It's all %%%%$ and giggles because of the McGee's ******edness and the rest of the team's collective low basketball IQ but at the end of the day...a bad record is a bad record...and history says that most top picks come into a sitation that takes at least a few years to iron out.

In the past 10 years...only 1 top overall pick is not with their original teams and that is Lebron James. Unless you want to tell me that John Wall is in the most dire situation ever that it is a forgone conclusion that he's going to force his way out of town after year 3...when it REALLY hasn't been done before...I'm missing the point of this "Wall out of DC" campaign.

All of those teams...including Sac town has shown some type of intelligence from their front office. Washington doesn't seem to show any hope for improvement with their current personnel and management surely hasn't shown any intrest in changing that. He has no veteran's to guide him, they have no pieces to trade really(unless someone else believes in Javale), and no free agents are coming there anytime soon. Wall is in a very bad position and I feel for him as well as the fans there in Washington. If they luck up this draft or better yet pick someone like Davis, Drummond, or Beal I think he'll stay. If not I wouldn't be shocked at all if he left

All of those teams...including Sac town has shown some type of intelligence from their front office. Washington doesn't seem to show any hope for improvement with their current personnel and management surely hasn't shown any intrest in changing that. He has no veteran's to guide him, they have no pieces to trade really(unless someone else believes in Javale), and no free agents are coming there anytime soon. Wall is in a very bad position and I feel for him as well as the fans there in Washington. If they luck up this draft or better yet pick someone like Davis, Drummond, or Beal I think he'll stay. If not I wouldn't be shocked at all if he left

Really? Sacramento has shown some type of intelligence in their front office? How about Toronto? 

Orlando and Cleveland did such a great job in their front offices after having their top guys in the organization for 7-8 years...now look at em. 

Yet...John Wall...a little more than halfway thru year 2...is all of a sudden in the worst situation of all time according to some of you.

Here's the funny thing: Sacramento has gotten progressively worse since drafting Tyreke...yet there's no "Tyreke's leaving as soon as he can" campaign on NikeTalk. Golden State too. Yet...there's no "Steph Curry needs to get out of GS" movement on here.

But what do I know...I could care less. I'm an OKC fan until June. 

Ya'll letting that Javale McGee thread gas ya'll. 

Back
Top Bottom