Jon Bon Jovi to open "Pay-What-You-Can" restaurant in New Jersey Vol. Soul Kitchen

[h1]Jon Bon Jovi’s foundation planning ‘pay-what-you-can’ restaurant[/h1]By Yahoo! Local – Tue Apr 26, 9:09 am ET

54bf25295e1766dc2e4a7a9fc8f91bb9.png

CBS staff and Y! Philly reports

a37df3515f87e363006ec5e7f98a8ef2.jpeg

Jon Bon Jovi has received the go-ahead to convert an auto repair shop into a restaurant that would serve people whether they can pay or not.

The singer's foundation is opening Soul Kitchen in Red Bank, N.J. The restaurant will serve healthy foods prepared with local ingredients from New Jersey farms. The difference is that there will be no prices on the menu.

The restaurant will be run on a "pay-what-you-can" basis. The suggested meal donation is $10. If you can afford to pay more, the money will go to help feed someone. If you can't afford to pay, you can volunteer time in the restaurant. In short, no one is turned away from a meal. Diners can also donate money to pay for the meals of others.

Red Bank's planning board on Monday signed off on the plan, which is based on concepts used in Denver and Salt Lake City. The community restaurant could be open as soon as July 4.
The musician was recently in Philadelphia, where he helped open a housing unit for homeless teens and young adults. He was also recently named to a White House council addressing the plight of the homeless.
This is an amazing gesture.
pimp.gif
Living in Philly, I see way too much of the less fortunate side of life. I try to give when I can. Reading something like this just gets me in a certain way. Wow, this would really help a lot of people. I hope it eventually becomes a chain of some sort.

[h1]Jon Bon Jovi’s foundation planning ‘pay-what-you-can’ restaurant[/h1]By Yahoo! Local – Tue Apr 26, 9:09 am ET

54bf25295e1766dc2e4a7a9fc8f91bb9.png

CBS staff and Y! Philly reports

a37df3515f87e363006ec5e7f98a8ef2.jpeg

Jon Bon Jovi has received the go-ahead to convert an auto repair shop into a restaurant that would serve people whether they can pay or not.

The singer's foundation is opening Soul Kitchen in Red Bank, N.J. The restaurant will serve healthy foods prepared with local ingredients from New Jersey farms. The difference is that there will be no prices on the menu.

The restaurant will be run on a "pay-what-you-can" basis. The suggested meal donation is $10. If you can afford to pay more, the money will go to help feed someone. If you can't afford to pay, you can volunteer time in the restaurant. In short, no one is turned away from a meal. Diners can also donate money to pay for the meals of others.

Red Bank's planning board on Monday signed off on the plan, which is based on concepts used in Denver and Salt Lake City. The community restaurant could be open as soon as July 4.
The musician was recently in Philadelphia, where he helped open a housing unit for homeless teens and young adults. He was also recently named to a White House council addressing the plight of the homeless.
This is an amazing gesture.
pimp.gif
Living in Philly, I see way too much of the less fortunate side of life. I try to give when I can. Reading something like this just gets me in a certain way. Wow, this would really help a lot of people. I hope it eventually becomes a chain of some sort.

Back
Top Bottom