Jordan 11 Bred 2012 Authorized vs. Unauthorized

LOL! I would have chosen the bottom pair under the assumption that one pair WAS legit. They both a likkle off imo, but that speaks to JB quality that I would accept an off looking pair as authentic. When I saw the stiching on the Black Red I's in that thread I was like wow, they might be GM based off the crooked stitching., but again that's just JB these days. If you want that peace of mind for whatever reason just go through authorized retailers, in most cases GMs aren't cheaper than retail.
I agree. But yeah GM is cheaper than retail but it's cheaper than resale

not necessarily true, there are plenty of pairs that are really jacked up and the differences are really noticeable due to lack of quality control. Those are the pairs that people bring to the LC thread and those are the pairs that the NT community gets 99% of their GM exposure from. But what about the people that don't have any issues with their pairs? They have no reason to bring them to the LC thread. But I mean, that's the nature of LC thread. It draws in flawed shoes because those are the ones that need verification. Hence why I don't pay much attention to people that say "all the GM shoes I've seen are messed up". Yeah all the shoes in the LC thread. You don't go to a junk yard to find a car in perfect condition right?
[h1]Yup, you're right. in some cases of shoes like jordan 3 gm pairs look different on authorized. they don't have that perfect tongue on gm's. am i right that serial #'s on the cover box are quality control stamps? that's lacking on gm pairs, they don't have that serial numbers.[/h1]

But if you look at the collars on retro 11 GM and retro 11 RD and the tongues on RD pairs they are thin and have a defined shape to it. The Grey markets have thick collars and off shape. And the tongues on grey markets are thick as well.

But if you look at the collars on retro 11 GM and retro 11 RD and the tongues on RD pairs they are thin and have a defined shape to it. The Grey markets have thick collars and off shape. And the tongues on grey markets are thick as well.
are you implying that da grey markets are actually superior because they're not skimping out on materials on da collar? sounds like it.

True indeed bro, some people cant see the small details like others.. Its not about a crooked 23 or missed stitchs, its shapes, and composition in general IMO. The 2 pair above do not look like either of these.. The RDs are just cleaner looking the shapes and collars etc... Are there GMs out there this good, maybe so. I havent seen them though so I cant make that call. Are there legit ones that look as bad as the ones above. Maybe so, but that still dosent make these legit IMO. An to even try to guess with one image a piece is just a guess at best.

That was one of the things noticed about GM 88 III's. The collar was fat and puffy while RD pairs were smother and more defined in the collar area.

That was one of the things noticed about GM 88 III's. The collar was fat and puffy while RD pairs were smother and more defined in the collar area.

It's because they all have thicker collars. It don't matter which GM it is they are all different in some way then RD pairs.

View media item 592120
GALLERY]

Legit check please thanks for the help guys

Last edited:
I wish I seen this b4 he said they were both unauthorized....quality control on these is beyond horrible the tips on the midsole do not match or come to even points and they were molded hugeto a point where neither of tthem match the contour of the shoes silhouette...

this might explain the whole thing with unauthorized authentics or at least this is how i see it.

this might explain the whole thing with unauthorized authentics or at least this is how i see it.
don't kid yourself fam.. Nike don't intentionally make sub par merchandise to sell in other countries.. the pair of RDs you get in the states SHOULD be the same in quality as RD pairs in Mexico, Columbia or wherever else.. As you've stated..the box and stickers inside etc will be different sure but the product will be consistent IMO if it is indeed legit.. Now these so called "unauthorized" pairs have defects and alterations not noticed on any RD pairs. I'm not talking flaws, it's plain different.

Last edited:
don't kid yourself fam.. Nike don't intentionally make sub par merchandise to sell in other countries.. the pair of RDs you get in the states SHOULD be the same in quality as RD pairs in Mexico, Columbia or wherever else.. As you've stated..the box and stickers inside etc will be different sure but the product will be consistent IMO if it is indeed legit.. Now these so called "unauthorized" pairs have defects and alterations not noticed on any RD pairs. I'm not talking flaws, it's plain different.
Of course all pairs sold directly by nike accounts internationally will be perfect. What I talk about in the video is because I seen some people do reviews on unauthorized auhentics and what they say is there spot on and what I heard those kicks are far from sub par. That where the international shipments come in their orders get placed and shipped at different times that's where what am talking about in the video comes in to play. Am not talking about sup par shoes am talking about a shoe that is the same one bought at finishline or at a rep websites. Of course this is my opinion am not saying all unauthorized authentic are authentic that where meant to be shipped to international nike accounts some might be really good reps that's it. And its Colombia not Columbia peace.   

@timmybrixxx unauthorized authentics is an oxymoron. Lol

I can go on forever about this but Timmy is right, RD pairs are all made the same regardless of if they're overseas or US pairs. Only thing that differs is price, stickers/labels in on the box/shoes. If it comes from Nike, that's the ONLY authentic version. There is no middle ground. No reason for "unauthorized" pairs to have certain aspects of the shoe made differently. They're made differently because they're not the same shoe! Which means they aren't authentic. There is no 'sorta authentic' or 'almost authentic' shoe. People are just getting really good at replicating shoes to the T and somebody somewhere came up with calling them "unauthorized" to make them more appealing for people to be okay with. They're not the same shoe, and they're not from Nike unless someone that works directly under Nike confirms that. All these rumors about unauthorized/grey market shoes were probably started by the ones selling them to people and telling them these lies to make the sale and to appear authentic. That's all it is.

Last edited:
@timmybrixxx unauthorized authentics is an oxymoron. Lol

I can go on forever about this but Timmy is right, RD pairs are all made the same regardless of if they're overseas or US pairs. Only thing that differs is price, stickers/labels in on the box/shoes. If it comes from Nike, that's the ONLY authentic version. There is no middle ground. No reason for "unauthorized" pairs to have certain aspects of the shoe made differently. They're made differently because they're not the same shoe! Which means they aren't authentic. There is no 'sorta authentic' or 'almost authentic' shoe. People are just getting really good at replicating shoes to the T and somebody somewhere came up with calling them "unauthorized" to make them more appealing for people to be okay with. They're not the same shoe, and they're not from Nike unless someone that works directly under Nike confirms that. All these rumors about unauthorized/grey market shoes were probably started by the ones selling them to people and telling them these lies to make the sale and to appear authentic. That's all it is.
You are all missing the point am not saying over seas Jordan are different. They are the same what I am saying is there are kicks out there that don't come from nike and you don't know if they did or didn't come legit from nike unless you went to an authorized retailer and paid for them your self and am with you if it doesn't come from nike don't buy it.  I am not telling people go buy the "authentic" from the rep sites  I wouldn't buy them. Am just stating something that I see I am in the international market I live in Colombia its the only logical way for certain pairs get out that don't go through nike and can't be told apart from a nike store pick up. Once again this has nothing to do with saying internationals are made different am just pointing out something that could happen or could not it just seems possible since I know how many hands the sneakers I get at nike Colombia have to go thou. peace 

I'm gonna have to correct you there again, my friend. There are differences between authentic shoes made by Nike and the ones made in a different factory. Authentic shoes and "unauthorized" shoes are not made exactly alike. There are some knowledgeable shoe heads on here and outside NT that can tell the difference by looking at the shoes and/or box. The "unauthorized" shoes made are very close to the authentics and for most people, they won't be able to see what the difference is, but for the few that are educated about how authentic pairs are supposed to look like, they can tell. They're not the same shoe. Period. There's a fine line between authentics, and everything else. Unauthorized is just a term that people utilize to make buyers/owners of the shoe feel better about purchasing or having them.

I think am not getting my point across. I haven't said anything about different factory's at all. I invite you to look up how nike works internationally where it has direct presence and where there's distributors back in the states its factory, Memphis, and retailers that's it. I don't buy any shoes form the rep sites I have no interest I get my  shoes a little late but at a great price at a nike store. Do you really think kicks sell out abroad like they do in the states no way the first Jordan retail only store is in china. I could go and flip shoes buy them at a nike store in Colombia and will you say there fake just because am shipping from Colombia. Am not saying that what am claiming in the video is 100% true but if you understand how things work out side the states you might be able to at least say maybe it could be. Man am just saying I see things from a different angle. I understand what your saying and its all true I thought it was all cut and dry when I lived in the states trust me it was mind blowing to buy Jordan at retail or under retail 6 months to a year later trust me I sat a the nike store and talked to the manager and asked him how they had this shoe if its been sold out for almost a year LOL. Trust me am just sitting here waiting for the taxis, and gammas to drop in price. Maybe I wasn't clear in the video but I guess that's why we have forums to talk it over. Peace out

Some of y'all sound crazy. Nike releases bs jordans all the time and y'all have no complaints about it. But once someone has a pair that does not come from an nike retailer it is automatically fake. I don't get it. But its threads on legit site... An people buy from them all the time and no one questions it. So y'all think those sites all have nike accounts? Come on lets be real. Unauthorized pairs are real in my opinion, they are made out of the same material as retail pair, sometimes they look even better. No those reps are fake as hell! Just my opinion!

I think am not getting my point across. I haven't said anything about different factory's at all. I invite you to look up how nike works internationally where it has direct presence and where there's distributors back in the states its factory, Memphis, and retailers that's it. I don't buy any shoes form the rep sites I have no interest I get my  shoes a little late but at a great price at a nike store. Do you really think kicks sell out abroad like they do in the states no way the first Jordan retail only store is in china. I could go and flip shoes buy them at a nike store in Colombia and will you say there fake just because am shipping from Colombia. Am not saying that what am claiming in the video is 100% true but if you understand how things work out side the states you might be able to at least say maybe it could be. Man am just saying I see things from a different angle. I understand what your saying and its all true I thought it was all cut and dry when I lived in the states trust me it was mind blowing to buy Jordan at retail or under retail 6 months to a year later trust me I sat a the nike store and talked to the manager and asked him how they had this shoe if its been sold out for almost a year LOL. Trust me am just sitting here waiting for the taxis, and gammas to drop in price. Maybe I wasn't clear in the video but I guess that's why we have forums to talk it over. Peace out

:smokin I feel you bro

unauthorized sneakers is buying B grades for over RETAIL price...lol you meant you pay more for bad quality?? Just do the test and play basketball in an unauthorized pair of sneakers and all you answers will be answered!!!

@AthimTv  People will always have their opinions on authentic RD pairs and GM/unauthorized shoes. I have said this many times, but there will always be people okay with having GM/unauthorized shoes. I, personally like to stick with JB authentic shoes and strictly that like most sneaker heads, regardless of the fact that JB quality is not as great as it was back in the day. I have nothing against those that have GM/unauthorized shoes in their collection and rock them with pride. More power to you, thats just not me. Authentics only, GM/unauthorized pairs out, and thats my opinion. 

Some of y'all sound crazy. Nike releases bs jordans all the time and y'all have no complaints about it. But once someone has a pair that does not come from an nike retailer it is automatically fake. I don't get it. But its threads on legit site... An people buy from them all the time and no one questions it. So y'all think those sites all have nike accounts? Come on lets be real. Unauthorized pairs are real in my opinion, they are made out of the same material as retail pair, sometimes they look even better. No those reps are fake as hell! Just my opinion!
This is what folks say who just cant get any pairs on RD and dont have someone on the inside at an authorized Nike Retailer.

you sound crazy my friend..it's pretty apparent you have no idea what you're even talking about.. There is no difference in an "unauthorized" pair of 11s and pair that's hot pink and lime green..fake is fake fam, no matter how close it may look to the authentic counterpart. They are simply the best knockoffs out today.

you sound crazy my friend..it's pretty apparent you have no idea what you're even talking about.. There is no difference in an "unauthorized" pair of 11s and pair that's hot pink and lime green..fake is fake fam, no matter how close it may look to the authentic counterpart. They are simply the best knockoffs out today.

Yep.

Grey Market == Fake

Back
Top Bottom