Jordan 5 Retro Midnight Navy/Turquoise Blue - White 136027-405 (5/2/2015 $190)

Indeed, different strokes... but most folks don't seem to be too crazy about this color way.

I called a store Monday to see if they were still available - they told me yes and asked if I would like for them to hold a pair for me....

When do they ever ask that? Lol. Usually it's "sorry, we are not able to do that... sorry, not for retros Jordans... sorry, we cannot reveal that information..."

Indeed, different strokes... but most folks don't seem to be too crazy about this color way.

I called a store Monday to see if they were still available - they told me yes and asked if I would like for them to hold a pair for me....

When do they ever ask that? Lol. Usually it's "sorry, we are not able to do that... sorry, not for retros Jordans... sorry, we cannot reveal that information..."
No question, this was the opposite of a hot release. These shoes are cold product, at least by the standards of Jordan retro releases. It is what it is. I like mine anyway.

Got my pair in from Nike. Nice drop of glue on the leather that peeled off the blue finish on the leather. Needless to say I'm returning them. I didn't like the color way when I saw them in a retail environment but in hand they are better. Though I don't know if they are worth the hassle of returning for a clean pair.

I'm surprised by the luke warm reception but I understand. The color just doesn't do "it" on this shoe. It's funny tho because this same color blocking sold out on the foamposites and is considered clean by many including me.

View media item 1523250

I'm surprised by the luke warm reception but I understand. The color just doesn't do "it" on this shoe. It's funny tho because this same color blocking sold out on the foamposites and is considered clean by many including me.

View media item 1523250

Color way looks better on the obsidians
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Could be partially because the obsidians are a really dark blue

I would like these better if they were a true obsidian/dark navy.

Last edited:
It's an OG sample colorway, at least give JB credit for releasing it. They've could've kept a "sample" and never release it or come out with a crappy new retro+ colorway, but they didn't. It's a clean sneaker and it was executed properly with the back story and all. Quality is on point and I'm more than happy with the color and smooth leather, def. something different and refreshing from JB. Historically JB haven't release a predominantly navy blue colorway, I'm glad they finally did.  

Last edited:
The more i wear my pair(around the house) the more i want another pair. The blue on these is icey

Seen these in person today at the mall, and the cw is purple ish / navy so I can see why it didn't sell out. I was going to cop but once I seen them in person [emoji]128078[/emoji][emoji]127997[/emoji][emoji]128078[/emoji][emoji]127997[/emoji][emoji]128078[/emoji][emoji]127997[/emoji][emoji]128078[/emoji][emoji]127997[/emoji][emoji]128078[/emoji][emoji]127997[/emoji]

I love em. Nice pastel colors. Although I am bias
Nice pic! Hey man I wear the same size as you and I was about to make a sheet that had a pic of all my shoes on it to put on my boxes like you have. What size do you think the pics are to fit on a size 12 box like that? I'm guessing like 2" by 2" or something?

JB didn't release em in the past for a reason...and now the reason is verified since they finally did release em..they don't look all that. They released the back story only after these joints stayed sittin on shelves. Woulda probably sold out if they had Nike Air on the back..but..they're saving THAT for future hype bait.

View media item 1523250
Just looks better on that shoe tbh, like the white check on it to

honestly isn't a white check tho. its an aqua check outlined in white. sorry for the poor lighting.

Put nike air on the back snd they woulda been gone w/ the quickness lol

You ain't ever lied.. NA woulda sealed the deal for me. They aren't bad, but I've had my eye on the next few releases. They keep doing the 5s bad with the stiff materials, ended up with the metallics but not these yet.

I like the quality on the remastered 5s so far. The materials are a nice change from the 2013 versions but the color ways aren't that great. The Navy and the next 5 (infrared poison green) are eh. The white metallics are good though.

Just grabbed a size 11 off Finishline, had a $15 PayPal reward so it brought the price $5 under retail....I hate being charged shipping

Repped...But too much white for me lol. I found this one thou...I think i'll go better.

hwl

Ive been seen these sit everywhere on shelves...i'm waiting to they hit the outlet [emoji]128527[/emoji][emoji]128079[/emoji][emoji]127997[/emoji]....your an idiot if you paid over retail price for these...suckerssss

I think these will sell out in June. Too much May heat..not enough heat in June ( cept for shattered backboard 1s?) And Bordeaux in July. So..im thinking bout buyin em in June. They gonna look cool in the fall/winter months

Back
Top Bottom