Jordan Brand is full of it.

Originally Posted by bigbadbennyism

Why have the swoosh on the AJI then? The swoosh is as much about Nike Inc as is Nike Air.

We all know that the AJ III-VI just look wrong with the Jumpman, but we buy them because its as close as were going to get to what we yearn for ultimately.

Heres a scenario, if JB were to release the AJIV (Wht/Blk/Red) in 2 versions with the exact same release date, one with Nike Air on Heel and one with Jumpman on Heel but $100 less, which would you buy?

Give you the hot tip, there would be a stampede, deaths, riots for the Nike Air versions and would be considered the hottest release by far, I would pay $100 to $200 more for something that looks exactly like what it use to.

And for the sake of the OG collectors, whom Gentry seems to put in higher esteem than his actual customers, change the color of the Nike Air, to differentiate, you make no money from OG collectors Gentry, when you gonna wake up.
**applauds**

But in your post, which is viewed as truth from the OG heads, it's viewed as hate from the youngins.

Originally Posted by BigLefty23

1. To RFX45, I don't have a stockpile of old jordans. I actually wear all of my shoes. You are completely wrong on that note. I am just saying that if Nike really cares about collectors, they wouldn't release retros that are exactly like the originals.

2. To Fran215Kill, I don't want this to be a Nike Air post. I just think JB is contradicting themselves by saying Nike Air is a no go because it's unfair to original collectors when they are putting out shoes that are darn near identical to the originals.

3. Also Fran215Kill, you have no idea how annoying half the posts in this forum are to me. I've been reading Niketalk for a long time now. Posts that new "posters" post that get annoying after the 7 months you've been on the board get twice as annoying after the 6.5 years I've been reading on Niketalk.
2. i know what your getting at i'm just saying its a big company they can't possibly please everyone. so like it or not we are only gonnaget whatever JB feels like putting out.

3. i've been on niketalk a little after the 21's were first released, i just signed up 7 months ago. i know it's still not anywhere near as longas you have been a member. so i've seen more then 7 months of b****** on here so i have some idea of where your coming from.

If nike can bring back vintage waffle running shoes..im sure jb could bring back exact og replicas too...but it won't ever happen because of this dude whoruns jb...gentry...

The Fusion III is a classic example of the stubborness of JB, although Im not a fan of the concept this really should have had Nike Air on the back, but itwould cause so much controversy they resorted to the jumpman, although its a JB/Nike collab, they just dont want to budge on the matter, its ridiculous.

The one thing that surprises me in all this is why is there no lobby? Surely there are influential people whom could have some influence over the whole"Retro" issue, Is there no one out there whom has a sympathetic ear and is close to the decision makers, I've been on this particular forum for ashort time (although an active voyeur for some time), surely there are members of this community who could be in the ear of the powers that be to give us whatwe truly want, quality retro Jordan's, the type you would get if you had a time machine.

Vintage collectors have been dealing with retros of their OG forever, let them have their NikeAir logo and worry about ur own collection.

Originally Posted by volocity26

Vintage collectors have been dealing with retros of their OG forever, let them have their NikeAir logo and worry about ur own collection.

Ask any vintage collector who's name doesnt start with G-E-N-T-R and see if they would mind if retros were true to the OG's. Don't you thinkthey'd be happy to pick up a fresh pair that's not cracked, crumbled, and yellowed? Shoes were not meant to be bought and then kept in a box for 20years. They were meant to be worn. Like I said before, this has nothing to do with appeasing the OG heads, it has everything to do with money. I honestlybelieve that JB has to pay Nike EVERY time they use the word Nike. Look at the Infrared VI retro. They removed the word Nike from the lace locks. Probablysaved themselves tons of money doing so. I think in the beginning, they didn't want to run the risk of upsetting people by changing the retros. That's why everything up to '01 was pretty true to the OG. Then they decided to test the water with the True Blue III's to see what they could getaway with. Low and behold, it payed off for them. They realized that people don't really care and as a result, we probably won't ever see anothergood retro from the early models.

"Nike Air" on the back of the shoes? I'd prefer if they got the quality issue fixed first. The IVs quality is crap all around......just look atthe sneekgeek comparison. But the quality is crap across the board.

Jordan Brand is to Death Row Records. Gentry is to Suge Knight.

They should have never given that tool so much control of the product. The only worthwhile mastermind in the JB was/is Tinker, the rest are hacks with selfishmotives.

Check my sig... After this year, nobody should even enter the JB section on any forum. And everybody who is in JBs defense, please post your age. I just wannado a personal study. Thanks a lot :smile:

Originally Posted by BigRockford

Check my sig... After this year, nobody should even enter the JB section on any forum. And everybody who is in JBs defense, please post your age. I just wanna do a personal study. Thanks a lot :smile:

Co-sign. I guarantee nobody older than high school age is in here defending JB. You can tell young peoples age by their little smug comments too.

then Jordan Brand would not survive in the next 5 to 10 years. ALL the "OG" colors will eventually see light of day (Retro) with slightmodifications, they release Lifestyle series retro and ya'll eat those up. They release gimicky Retros & made them "limited" ya'll eatthose up, I mean C'mon, Olympic 6?!

Gentry is a BUSINESS man! He works for a Sport Apparel & footwear COMPANY! They don't care about "collectors", they want to make profit &keep their share holders happy.
So next time you hear Gentry say, "oh we are not putting 'Nike Air' for the OG collectors" it means that, "We will do it eventuallyafter we ran out of ideas and we will charged $400 each shoes"

In 2009, the brand will start the Alymony check packs. More Limited than CDP! Each pack comes with OG color shoes WITH Nike Air & pics of MJ's kids anda letter saying thank you for helping their dad through the tough time with his divorce in 2007 and they really appreciate the support, because without you the"Authentic" collectors, they can't fulfill their destiny to be the childrens of the Greatest Player in the NBA.

Late 2009 will also see, the "Chicago" pack, the pack comes with Chicago Bulls colorways sneakers, including the Chicago X & pics of Oprah.

In 2010, JB will celebrate their 25th Anniversary and they will release the "Help MJ get out of his gambling debt pack" Stay tuned for more details!
Spring 2010 will see the release of the "Following Chuck's footstep" pack, it commemorates MJ's nuptial to a white girl that he currentlydating.

Am I missing anything else? G-money, feel free to add at your earliest convenient.

I have been reading the whining and complaining about the missing Nike Air since the Jordan III True Blues and it got terribly old years ago. If this is reallysomething so terrible just write a letter to Jordan Brand and tell them why you're mad. Below is the address to Nike:

Nike
1 Bowerman Drive
Beaverton, OR 97005-0979

Nike Air will return, the way the economy is going sneakers will be the least of our worries. They will need to do something in order to make us buy shoesagain.Like I have been saying for years all of the shoes dropping now will return with a Nike Air on the back. They will get as much money off of us as theycan.

Who wouldn't buy a re-retro of the carmines with Nike Air on the back in 2009 or 2010?

Originally Posted by lyfeis2short

"Nike Air" on the back of the shoes? I'd prefer if they got the quality issue fixed first. The IVs quality is crap all around......just look at the sneekgeek comparison. But the quality is crap across the board.
It would be nice to have Nike Air on the shoes for nostalgiac reasons....But, I'd rather see the quality issues taken care of first!

Originally Posted by NY GIANTS 11

Stop crying

i agree. its not gunna change so just accept the jumpman. who knows maybe one day we will all get lucky and jb will release nike air but until then let itgo.
smh.gif

I'm pretty sure the reason for switching to the Jumpman was just to try and establish the Jordan Brand, and the Jumpman as that companies logo, and try toseperate Nike & JB in consumers minds as somewhat seperate entities...MJ & others wanted to be able to stand on their own as a company....I guess theydidn't realize how important that element was to tinkers original designs...

However, I'm not exactly sure why they continue to leave the word Nike on the back of the retro 2's we've see though, yet continue to place awkwardlooking Jumpen on the back of shoes that didn't even have "Nike air" on them in the first place...I guess this is the 1 instance where even thetasteless execss at the brand actually thought it made the shoe ugly....

I believe Eventually they will probably put a pair or two out with "NA" on them and yes, they will overcharge, and yes we will buy them...andspeaking for one of the "collectors" who has OG's and retros with "Nike Air" on them, I would not be upset that they did it either...Iwill be fully satisfied as a loyal customer that things are finally like they are supposed to be...

That being said:
Does anyone else think that JB could care less about collectors and just have something up their sleeve?

Jordan Brand is full of it.
They should have never given that tool so much control of the product. The only worthwhile mastermind in the JB was/is Tinker, the rest are hacks with selfish motives.
All of these quotes pretty much sum it up when it comes to the brand as of today, we can only coninue to hope for change to come over the next fewyears, its either that or the end
frown.gif

I'm going to stick around til the end and just be satisified with the FEW good decisions they are making right now...
ohwell.gif

Back
Top Bottom