Jordan Brand will be remastering (building better quality shoes) starting in 2015

This whole thread has derailed.

My only point was the idea that JB has to charge us more because the quality is going to go up is bs. Quality allegedly was up during the Bin series, but prices were lower than they'll be next year. Quality was up 15 years ago, but price was much lower.

It's whatever though...As many people already stated, if you aren't comfortable paying the increased prices, then simply don't buy the product. But you guys trying to legitimize the price increase are talking silly. JB is increasing the prices because they can. They have an elastic product...They can raise the prices and people will still buy. There's no need to go any further in this argument than that.

Dudes talkin bout they are willing to pay $220 on Jordans if they truly resemble the OG are funny to me. You may get your wish sooner than later.

guess in this current era, people have become accustomed to paying resell price for Jordans anyway, so what's a little more?

Retail or move on fellas!

But the retail will be 200 so you would be buying anyway ?

As long as people can live with the purchase that they make it's fine no need to tell people they're sheep because you have a god complex

Yes I realize that it wasn't you who said that

But the retail will be 200 so you would be buying anyway ?

As long as people can live with the purchase that they make it's fine no need to tell people they're sheep because you have a god complex

Yes I realize that it wasn't you who said that

I'm sorry, I don't understand the point that you are directing at me...

I have not bought them in years because they are TRASH! I grew up wearing Jordan's when they were the ish... You like paying hundreds for trash, do you! I'm sure you have plenty of money to waste on the same shoes over and over that barely cost me over $100 when they were great top notch quality! And this talk of struggle... Lmao! Because you spend 200+ on one, 1, uno, pair of cardboard J's while I take that same 200+ on 3,4,5 pairs of Nike retros from outlet stores I am of the struggle? Sounds like common sense to me! But Your right... You CAN buy what you like lol!

My man, I know you mean well but skipping on low quality, overpriced retro Jordan product to purchase multiple low quality, overpriced retro Nike product isn't really sending Nike/JB a message.

Regardless of whether you purchase it an an outlet or in a retail store at launch, the money ends up in Nike coffers and as a former Nike employee I can tell you that their margins are very, very high. The outlets and employee stores have a certain percentage increase over the 'cost' price.

apthekid, more or less nailed it with his post before mine. Nike/JB are at a stage where they can charge whatever they want and get away with it simply because their buyers refuse to push back and stop buying.

The footwear industry is probably one of the few industries where you can decontent a product, charge a higher price and get people fighting over said product or justifying the aforementioned.

SneakerWatch is a weird one because the dude who I'm pretty sure started it (kingofny on here) is in the know, but I feel like not everything gets ran by him for confirmation.

We'll see. I was just getting ready to start hunting '97 or '03 Black/Red XIIs too.

I wonder if people will take a stand against these prices and stop buying jays

XD

All these price increases just make me MORE selective of Jays I buy.

No 1s unless it is "OG", definitely return all my Jays with subpar quality, don't even look at retroes if the colorblocking is off.
Now I am going to have to be even MORE selective than that.

http://www.sneakerwatch.com/article...jordan-12-flu-game-remastered-returning-2014/

IDK how reliable SW is, but they are predicting the Flu Games to be remastered next year. Personally, I am not pumped about the price increase but these will be worth it IMO . I love the 12's and hooped in these back in the day. Hope its true

Fingers crossed that this is true...I'd imagine a "Black Friday" or Holiday release would be the likely drop time...I've been trying to source a pair of 03' for the longest time but haven't had any luck...Definitely a retirement status shoe...

So JB is allowing pre-orders for XX9. I think in their social media department read my posts in this thread. LMAO... I wont get any credit for my businesses

My man, I know you mean well but skipping on low quality, overpriced retro Jordan product to purchase multiple low quality, overpriced retro Nike product isn't really sending Nike/JB a message.

Regardless of whether you purchase it an an outlet or in a retail store at launch, the money ends up in Nike coffers and as a former Nike employee I can tell you that their margins are very, very high. The outlets and employee stores have a certain percentage increase over the 'cost' price.

apthekid, more or less nailed it with his post before mine. Nike/JB are at a stage where they can charge whatever they want and get away with it simply because their buyers refuse to push back and stop buying.

The footwear industry is probably one of the few industries where you can decontent a product, charge a higher price and get people fighting over said product or justifying the aforementioned.
Overpriced yes... THAT IS WHY I PAY $100 and under for the overpriced retros! I'm not trying to send them a message my dude, and while the money is going in their pockets it's not just ALL ON ONE SHOE! So they get my $200 and I get AT LEAST two pair at a fraction of the MSRP! So tell me this, if OG Jordan's were between $100-$150 why in the blue hell are y'all ok with spending $150-$200 for subpar retros and $200-$250 for these so-called "remastered as close to OG as possible" upcoming retros? That makes sense to y'all?

Last edited:
Not trying to beat a dead horse, but don't you guys realize that the reason Jordan brand is increasing their prices is because of us? For instance, the royal 1s retailed for $140. The current resell value is 500+, and people pay those prices! So why shouldn't Jordan brand increase the retail to $400? If people will pay a reseller $500, why wouldn't they pay Jordan brand $400? I understand they that the amount of pairs produced also factors into the pricing, but if it wasn't for social media,hype,and resellers, js would still be sitting on shelves for 69.99.

Not trying to beat a dead horse, but don't you guys realize that the reason Jordan brand is increasing their prices is because of us? For instance, the royal 1s retailed for $140. The current resell value is 500+, and people pay those prices! So why shouldn't Jordan brand increase the retail to $400? If people will pay a reseller $500, why wouldn't they pay Jordan brand $400? I understand they that the amount of pairs produced also factors into the pricing, but if it wasn't for social media,hype,and resellers, js would still be sitting on shelves for 69.99.
That's exactly why they are doing it! Resellers cashing out and JB is like "these idiots are paying how much to get our trash... I mean products after they sellout in stores? We might as well make MSRP as high as possible! And we'll tell them they are REMASTERED to cloak it!" The new jack "sneakerheads" Eff'd the game up! And I'm not hating either... From the late 90s to now I have watched the direction go south! I gave up on JB in 07... It just blows my mind how folks BELIEVE it's just a regular thing and have no problem making a company that has slapped them in the face time after time filthy rich! "We are remastering them" = "yea our product has been piss poor for years but we'll do y'all a favor and "remaster" them and add another $50 to the already overpriced price = *SMACK* and please believe next years J's will range from $200-$250 maybe even $275 or $300!! Just look at what Nike did Foam prices!

That's exactly why they are doing it! Resellers cashing out and JB is like "these idiots are paying how much to get our trash... I mean products after they sellout in stores? We might as well make MSRP as high as possible! And we'll tell them they are REMASTERED to cloak it!" The new jack "sneakerheads" Eff'd the game up! And I'm not hating either... From the late 90s to now I have watched the direction go south! I gave up on JB in 07... It just blows my mind how folks BELIEVE it's just a regular thing and have no problem making a company that has slapped them in the face time after time filthy rich! "We are remastering them" = "yea our product has been piss poor for years but we'll do y'all a favor and "remaster" them and add another $50 to the already overpriced price = *SMACK* and please believe next years J's will range from $200-$250 maybe even $275 or $300!! Just look at what Nike did Foam prices!
Exactly. Repped

Damn you guys this is a big eye opener what yall said. 2014 the last year I honestly really wanna **** wit JB next year don't want to partake in the shoe game anymore so lemme enjoy this years final cops and throws in the towel.

I agree in theory with what you are saying but not everyone pays outrageous prices for retros. In fact I would bet that we (as in those on sneaker forums) only pay the outrageous prices. For every person that paid $400+ for the royal 1s 100 people paid retail. We get used to seeing the prices people have paid because we are on a sneaker forum. JB isn't stupid - they know that they need to cater to more than just sneakerheads to move their bottom-line. Small incremental increases in price are best. And I think the thing that allows them to constantly push up the price is not how much people are willing to pay to resellers but rather how quickly the shoes sell out.

I think the newer (2004-now) jordan 4s look horrible. The shape looks like elf shoes, the tounges are way too high, the netting is completly wrong, the colors arent even right. They just look bad. I highly doubt jordan brand is going to fix any of that either. Apparently they want to make them as close to the ogs as possible. Its going to be interesting to see if they pull through. My guess is its just a big marketing scheme.

I agree in theory with what you are saying but not everyone pays outrageous prices for retros. In fact I would bet that we (as in those on sneaker forums) only pay the outrageous prices. For every person that paid $400+ for the royal 1s 100 people paid retail. We get used to seeing the prices people have paid because we are on a sneaker forum. JB isn't stupid - they know that they need to cater to more than just sneakerheads to move their bottom-line. Small incremental increases in price are best. And I think the thing that allows them to constantly push up the price is not how much people are willing to pay to resellers but rather how quickly the shoes sell out.
I agree to the fullest. They really have a good thing going. Anything they produce sells out in a matter of seconds. I wonder how much money they make off of the average release?

Did they ever confirm what next years price is? Or are they waiting till next year. I remember the last time they went for a $20 price increase.

Back
Top Bottom