Jordan Brand will be remastering (building better quality shoes) starting in 2015

The gloss on the paint?! Welp, there you have it, continuing cracks. No mention of Dye.... A JB money grab.
Again, not true. You can strip the cracked paint off of your 4's and repaint it, and it won't crack. Someone else mentioned that the paint some GMs are using doesn't crack either. Not sure how true that is, but I wouldn't be surprised if it is. Seems like ANY paint other than the original doesn't crack.

You're the real MVP @DrewSwish.

Definitely owe you reps.
tumblr_inline_n9o6dmQ9jp1qkztg5.gif

All I ask is to please keep the prices the same.

They can call it premium all they want, total cost for you still out weighs productions costs by a ton.

I actually think they'll for sure back pedal on that promise. The old molds look chunky and fat. While that is the true form, JB knows that kids like the look of the more streamlined shape of modern retros. It's just the way it is. 

If they want the shoe to appeal to the masses, and not traditionalist sneakerheads only, then they'll have to stick to the newer, slimmer, sleeker shape.
you maybe like the current shape from the jordans

but tbh i dont think that the majority from us in here like the current shape

JB dont use those old molds is because of money

the upper from the new 2012 AJ4 have less material on them

compared to the 89 OG, less materials means that they can manufacture them

for a lower prize and maximize their profit on each shoe

Do you guys have any idea how badly the shape was butchered on retro vii? Goes from one of the dopest jays to hardly wearable. The side panels are dumb high and the toe box is trash.
If by side panels, you're referring to the collars where the Jumpman is, then you're wrong. The OG's had MUCH taller, MUCH bigger side panels then anything we've seen on modern retros.

MODERN RETRO:

Jordan-Retro-7-Olympic-FL_24.jpg

OG:

air-jordan-vii-bordeaux-og-02.jpg

you maybe like the current shape from the jordans

but tbh i dont think that the majority from us in here like the current shape

JB dont use those old molds is because of money

the upper from the new 2012 AJ4 have less material on them

compared to the 89 OG, less materials means that they can manufacture them

for a lower prize and maximize their profit on each shoe
Not sure where you assumed I prefer the new shape but okay. All I was saying is that they are trying to keep a modern twist on the old mold, so that it appeals to the masses, instead of just OG traditionalists.

One change I will admit that I like, however, is the sockliner slightly rolled up on top of the tongue. I think it gives a nice border/outline to the toungue, whereas the OGs looked a little unfinished in comparison. 

The old molds look chunky and fat. While that is the true form, JB knows that kids like the look of the more streamlined shape of modern retros. It's just the way it is. 

If they want the shoe to appeal to the masses, and not traditionalist sneakerheads only, then they'll have to stick to the newer, slimmer, sleeker shape.

the kids just want to buy what they are used to seeing - a l a the new stuff
but i think the toeboxes are not only chunky now from a lower cut shoe, but also to prevent creasing that shouldn't be an issue

in the case of the 4
it is not now as you describe - its a mess
the back & front look like they're from two different sized shoes
anything but sleek

the 99/00/01 retros were more chunky tho than the originals

If by side panels, you're referring to the collars where the Jumpman is, then you're wrong. The OG's had MUCH taller, MUCH bigger side panels then anything we've seen on modern retros.

MODERN RETRO:

Jordan-Retro-7-Olympic-FL_24.jpg

OG:

air-jordan-vii-bordeaux-og-02.jpg

Nah, I had og Olympics and the first retro in 04. The difference is like night and day

Nah, I had og Olympics and the first retro in 04. The difference is like night and day
I'm not sure what you're saying anymore. The panels on the OG's are clearly bigger and taller than they are on modern retro's, yet you said the retro's panels were "dumb high". RIght?

I'm not sure what you're saying anymore. The panels on the OG's are clearly bigger and taller than they are on modern retro's, yet you said the retro's panels were "dumb high". RIght?

Teah the difference I noticed right away was that the side panels on my retro pair came up too high vertically. Although I wore an 8.5 when the og came out and my retros are a 13

not true
less materials to skimp on overall quality
I guess I can kind of see that, but it's such a small difference. They are saving MUCH MUCH more by using cheaper leather, paints, materials, etc. 

I honestly believe the difference in shape is not a cost factor (but still a nice little savings). I truly think that the difference in shape is to give it a more modern look, while only changing the silhouette a tiny bit. To enthusiasts, we can see the difference. To everyone else? They never even noticed, but the new shape probably appeals to their eyes more than the chunkier OGs.

I truly think that the difference in shape is to give it a more modern look, while only changing the silhouette a tiny bit. To enthusiasts, we can see the difference. To everyone else? They never even noticed, but the new shape probably appeals to their eyes more than the chunkier OGs.

i don't believe any of that

Last edited:
not true

less materials to skimp on overall quality
I guess I can kind of see that, but it's such a small difference. They are saving MUCH MUCH more by using cheaper leather, paints, materials, etc. 

I honestly believe the difference in shape is not a cost factor (but still a nice little savings). I truly think that the difference in shape is to give it a more modern look, while only changing the silhouette a tiny bit. To enthusiasts, we can see the difference. To everyone else? They never even noticed, but the new shape probably appeals to their eyes more than the chunkier OGs.

With all due respect but.....

Brah you are talking straight corporate PR spin nonsense.

The entire point of releases retro is to have the same (or near) product to what came out in the past. Not some "update"/"modern" take. Because if consumers really wanted that, then those Vac-Tech and Hyperfuse, Pennys and Barkleys would be flying off shelves. But they don't, they bomb hard, even among the most hardcore enthusiast of those lines.

If JB wants a modern take on the retros. Then do it through colorways.

And I don't know what the hell you're talking about older shoes being chunky because if you look at most OG compared to retro on feet in person, the OG looks sleeker. Especially the toebox.

They killed the shape of retros damn near a decade ago. When most of their current hyperbeast fan base cared nothing about sneakers of any sort. So miss me with that notion that the banana shape is meant to somehow appeal to consumers.

They did it because they were cheap, they never stop because the shoes still sold, and now they are want a pat on the back for fixing something that should have never went wrong in the first place

**** them

Last edited:
With all due respect but.....

Brah you are talking straight corporate PR spin nonsense.

The entire point of releases retro is to have the same (or near) product to what came out in the past. Not some "update"/"modern" take. Because if consumers really wanted that, then those Vac-Tech and Hyperfuse Pennys and Barkleys would be flying off shelves. But they don't, they bomb hard, even among the most hardcore enthusiast of those lines.

If JB wants a modern take on the retros. Then do it through colorways.

And I don't know what the hell you're talking about older shoes being chunky because if you look at most OG compared to retro on feet in person, the OG looks sleeker. Especially the toebox.

And they killed the shape of retro damn near a decade ago when most of their current hyper beast fan base cared nothing sneakers of any sort. So miss me with that notion that the banana shape is meant to somehow appeal to consumers.

They did it because they were cheap, they never stop because the shoes still sold, and now they are want a pat on the back for fixing something that should have never went wrong in the first place

**** them
i totally agree with you ^^^^

wink.gif

i think the confusion is from the originals being bigger and sometimes bulkier in the back or overall structure but at the same time those originals had a more angled toebox, not an elongated or bulbus toebox like now - if sleek were to apply, it would apply to the originals as far as the toebox - it is plain as day

its like they shrunk down the back half & made the front big and clunky on retros over the past 10
this can be seen on those oreos a few pages back

I hope the shape does get better, 200 is a lot for some kicks regardless of todays prices for new models such as kobes and lebrons.

Back
Top Bottom