Jordan Brand will be remastering (building better quality shoes) starting in 2015

At the price and legendary status jordan should of been maintaining its quality. Also its not a plus when they make you pay for it...js

After reading in this thread then hearing yesterday that Micheal Jordan has become the first billionaire athlete I'm feeling some kind of way :lol:. All this remastering talk and NIKE/JB messed up on two releases of the bred xi's but I guess we all will pay extra for durabuck and that air...
He isn't a billionaire yet but he's projected to be one soon I thought. I read an article about it yesterday from Forbes too with him owning the hornets and the JB line getting the price increase he will be a billionaire very very soon

If you read the interview the guy said starting in 2015 and going forward all retros would be remastered.  Some with Nike logo some with Jumpman logo.

So every retro will be remastered, but that doesn't mean it will get that Nike treatment.

You basically said the same thing I said bruh lol.

Yeah I agree with you, JB should meet demand and have superior quality. But what I was getting at is I wish all these hypebeasts and resellers would move on to the next big thing and leave J's to us heads that really love and appreciate Air Jordan's.
If J's were unpopular and you could buy them at Walmart for 19.99 I'd be happy and would still be copping.
Right there with you.
well jordan brand has been selling crap retros based on a thin veil of exclusivity, if they actually made quality products they could probably sell even more, tho idk if it's a smart move (for them) to "meet demand".

it's about the long term and if they meet demand then the "retro bubble" probably would burst, which might be good for us but bad for them. I know plenty of people that probably wouldn't bother buying a sneaker if they knew they were gonna be sitting in the store the rest of the week or longer. it would definitely separate the hypebeasts from the men but it's a risky proposition (for them) at best
I would agree on the exclusivity, and the fact that they seed kicks to every major celebrity doesn't help either. As far as sneakers sitting, I think the mass produced OG color ways and "limited" allocations of retro+ color ways would balance it out. Those who want the originals can get them hassle free, those that want to be a bit extra and get say the Cool Grey 11s, Lightning 4s, Doernbecher 3s, and so on, will have to go through what we go through today to get them. Retro+ color ways can very much hold their own and still have a very strong fan base, although I'm not a fan of them (there is like 5-6 retro+ color ways I like total) they will allow JB to sort of keep their "exclusivity". Cause everyone buying J's (everyone is a strong word lol) knows that the OG's weren't coveted like that and were obtained easily if you had the cash (or good grades 
laugh.gif
).

I see 3 maybe 4 releases on that list I would get out of bed for, good job JB! Making my life easier. It took me until 2011 for me to accept the jumpman on og NA models and those are the only j's I would go after, not because of the remastering's, but because of the NA. If they are better quality so be it.

You aint lying. Seems like the higher the retail....they still selling out anyway since not enough to meet demand. JB doesn't even have to up quality.smh

Last edited:
Yea the availability these days r annoying if they up the number made they wood still sell out prob

based on that list the majority of the shoes came out within the last 3 years. smh hell the olympics7s will have came out 3 times since 2010. i refuse to buy the same shoe over again. nike air or not. this whole remastering stuff is some bs. so everyone should just trash their old js and go out and buy the new/same ones

To be fair, the 2012 Olympics were awful looking, so if they do come out again and at least have the mold of the 2015 French Blues (which still aren't great), I'd say a third release is acceptable.

I had and liked the For the Love of the Game pair, but those weren't spectacular either.

Really? I think its gotten better this year

Ive gotten everything i wanted with **** internet :lol:

Its gotten better this year as far as in Shape, Mold, and lil better in Quality. Once these start releasing with Premium materials

It will take over the Retro Shoes from 2009ish-2013, pretty much starting with CDP line. Prices R probably be around $225-$250

just for the fact that JB knows collectors will buy for A re-sell value of todays re-sell market on release day next year. 

Read the updated story on this OG Re-Mastered Premium Retros this morning, saying that with this $ Increase that don't be 

suprised collectors putting down car like pay-ments for Js. When I read that I was like, well chet we might be paying $250-$300

sounds of that. Especially with the raised price tag on Packs coming out this weekend with Premium Materials for $500 a pack,

or $250 each. I read this on KicksOnFire.

Dude interviewed the JB powers that be about 2015 "Remasters," but didn't come home w/ any pics of the 2014 black/inf VI?
:stoneface:

I don't really know what to make of this.  Even if we are getting better quality and a closer resemblance to the originals (though at the cost of higher retail prices), I'm not too optimistic on any positive impact on the ease in which we'll be able to acquire the shoes.  Case and point would be Kobes and Lebrons.  Retailing at well over $200 yet still selling out.  What more for retros? Especially considering that there's a larger market for retro Jordans products.  

where the F is the 16s and 17s im not the only one who has been patiently waiting on these
Nope, you're not the only one.  I'd be happy to land a pair or two of the 17s with ease than trying to jump through hoops of fire for some older and more hyped up models. Hopefully the 16s and 17s get a proper white/black/red colorway this time around.  

Back
Top Bottom