Jordan Gamma Blue 11's Came Out This Weekend; Chaos Ensued (multiple vids)

I haven't read this whole thread, so I don't know if it's been asked but... If you don't wear Nikes or Jordans, what are you supposed to wear?

Those other expensive shoes from the hyped up designer? Or is Payless supposed to be good enough?

I don't understand the reasoning behind this post?

Cause you do know Nike / Jordan's make shoes that aren't limited and you can stroll into your local shop and buy whenever correct ?

Yes Nike makes a lot of good looking shoes that you can just walk in and buy. And it was all good until they put release dates on Foams. (Which outside of the 11s is my fav shoe of all time)

But Jordan has NOTHING I would wear that's not a numbered Jordan. And not all of those are great.

Either way all the best shoes are surrounded by.

Why is it if I want a pair of 11s I'm buying them to impress somebody? Is it totally unbelievable that I just like the shoe?

Allen Edwards though ? ... Really ?
roll.gif

First of all.. MJ didnt say anything on the matter.

Secondly, releasing them exclusively online will only lead to harder attainability, more desirability and more problems in the longrun. Contrary to what many people may believe, there is still a digital divide in much of the US and not everyone has ready internet access. Making them exclusive to those with web access will likely lead to well to do re-sellers buying up massive amounts of stock and leaving even more people craving the shoes they could not get their hands on. I see how this would cut down on release day violence but in the long run I feel like this method would make the shoes seem even more exclusive and unattainable to many people causing more people getting robbed and potentially killed for their shoes after the fact.

I said it before, but I think the best solution is to reinstate the pre order system and allow people to fill out their pre orders in store. This would also ensure the revenue from each pair sold gets accredited to individual franchise stores/accounts as opposed to all going to NDC, Eastbay etc.
hell I just through out some dress shoes that came to mind.... But anyway you slice it no matter how you do the shoes...it will ultimately lead down the road of the same results. Any change of method would in essence be placing a "bandaid on a bullet wound" The problem is simply put the mindset and society outlook worshipping etc... of certain individuals over a pair of sneakers. Even with pre order...these folks still end of the day will probably go out and wear the shoes.... Yea it would reduce the overall robbery/incidents etc... on initial release. And the massive amount of incidents/violent acts that occur all in one single isolated incident or day.

Last edited:
I think taking away release dates will help.

A few years back the foams didn't have release dates, they would just say what month they were coming out. So really those that were on there stuff got them.

Walked right into the store and bought them no problem. Now that release dates are on them, it's a totally different game.

Take away release dates.

Yes Nike makes a lot of good looking shoes that you can just walk in and buy. And it was all good until they put release dates on Foams. (Which outside of the 11s is my fav shoe of all time)

But Jordan has NOTHING I would wear that's not a numbered Jordan. And not all of those are great.

Either way all the best shoes are surrounded by.

Why is it if I want a pair of 11s I'm buying them to impress somebody? Is it totally unbelievable that I just like the shoe?
I agree with you to an extent.... but you have to look at it from others perspective.... you are buying a shoe that is constantly being released in a small time frame, with each release being reduce and degraded in quality... not to mention the shoes aren't of a high quality, top performance anyhow to begin with. And on top of that they are increasing with price...while decreasing in quality and likeliness of the originals.. (not all but def in most cases of retro/hybrid etc shoes) So I could see someone seeing a pair of shoes like iuno a pair of flyknit lunars and see a pair of re re re retroed and see one cost more despite being a lesser shoe...many ppl will see it as ok he just buying it to be "cool' or to impress/fit in with others.

the yeezys are the highest form of peacocking for men.

got dudes in the streets looking like idiots with colorful shoes

i have never met a chick thats into shoes...

like someone else mentioned all the girls i've met think they are a huge waste of money.

all the girls that i have seen on sneaker groups on FB like other females have kids and ugly tattoos or are just plain trash.

maybe in the city you have a bit more of a choice of females into kicks but not here in socal.

i bought my girl some sb's and she doesnt even wear em.

she looks sexy with her no name boots and flats. 

Last edited:
Allen Edwards though ? ... Really ? :rofl:

First of all.. MJ didnt say anything on the matter.

Secondly, releasing them exclusively online will only lead to harder attainability, more desirability and more problems in the longrun. Contrary to what many people may believe, there is still a digital divide in much of the US and not everyone has ready internet access. Making them exclusive to those with web access will likely lead to well to do re-sellers buying up massive amounts of stock and leaving even more people craving the shoes they could not get their hands on. I see how this would cut down on release day violence but in the long run I feel like this method would make the shoes seem even more exclusive and unattainable to many people causing more people getting robbed and potentially killed for their shoes after the fact.

I said it before, but I think the best solution is to reinstate the pre order system and allow people to fill out their pre orders in store. This would also ensure the revenue from each pair sold gets accredited to individual franchise stores/accounts as opposed to all going to NDC, Eastbay etc.

hell I just through out some dress shoes that came to mind.... But anyway you slice it no matter how you do the shoes...it will ultimately lead down the road of the same results. Any change of method would in essence be placing a "bandaid on a bullet wound" The problem is simply put the mindset and society outlook worshipping etc... of certain individuals over a pair of sneakers. Even with pre order...these folks still end of the day will probably go out and wear the shoes.... Yea it would reduce the overall robbery/incidents etc... on initial release. And the massive amount of incidents/violent acts that occur all in one single isolated incident or day.

:lol: The company is Allen Edmonds

I agree nothing will stop this completely other than the shoes going out of style, but releasing them exclusively online will make things much worse. An advanced pre order system is a great way to make the shoes available to more people and reduce the numbers of people lined up at one location. Depending on when the pre orders start this could also allow Nike to have feedback in advance to boost production numbers without making too many.

Last edited:
Women of all races pay attention to a well-dressed man's shoes...

...and a shortie on her A-game knows a pair of Louboutin's from a pair of Keds.

Whoever brought up Loubs??...we tambout hyped sneakers, not designer shoes and SPECIALLY not Loubs of all things, of course women know a red sole, from a pair of keds...what a stupid comparison :lol:

Last edited:
Im about to just swear off jordans for good...I guess it's time to push things forward as far shoes are concerned.

Back
Top Bottom