Jordan III REIMAGINED “White Cement” -March 11th 2023

Ended up with LNM from local nike and a LN4 from snipes.

Not sure which ill DS first.

20230318_011758.jpg
20230318_011802.jpg

Attachments

• 20230318_011709.jpg
    20230318_011709.jpg
    292.8 KB · Views: 56
I picked up both my $275 10.5’s. The print matched on each pair, and they’re lacking any major defects so I can’t complain for striking out 0/30 something. Interestingly enough, I correctly identified the factory on each pair from seeing pics here. The really nice thin print, slightly lower on the toe box pair was LN4 and the thicker (but not sharpie thick) and higher toe box EP was LN3.

I’ll post up some pics tomorrow but I’d be happy with the LN3 if I didn’t have the LN4. In comparison it doesn’t look quite as clean though. I can understand the disappointment if you got really chunky EP just because it looks less OG and more like typical retro quality with the improved shape. The LN4 pair gives me a surprisingly different feel. More noticeable than the pics.

A lot of talk about the improvement of very little ankle padding, but I think they could have provided a little more without puffing up the upper. I wore my green 2’s today and they’re so comfortable with a lot of padding. Putting my foot in this shoe felt like it has no padding at all and might not be very comfy.

I like the Sail/yellowed midsole and tab. I’m going to do some fits with an off white tee, charcoal beanie, white hoodie. Nitpicking aside, this is one of my favorite retros in quite awhile. The FR3 is really well executed as was the Cardinal 7, and to a lesser extent the Chicago 2’s. I skipped the L&F but I’d put these near the top of GR’s since 2016.

I refuse to look at my pair closely. I just wear them (worn 3 times now) and enjoy them. I’m not going to let you guys ruin them for me. Nike with the yellow midsole already tried to.
How comfy are they 3 wears in? Guess that’s my only concern with these. I’ll put my own insole in them but curious how the ankle feels after hours in them

How comfy are they 3 wears in? Guess that’s my only concern with these. I’ll put my own insole in them but curious how the ankle feels after hours in them

I don’t find 3s to be comfortable at all. They’re probably a little more comfortable than Black Cement 3s since they’re not so darn snug. But the cushioning on 3s and 4s isn’t great imo. And the back tabs also are uncomfortable to me. I’ve only work them for short amounts of time, not full day or lots of walking.

The things we put up with to look fresh … :lol:

I don’t find 3s to be comfortable at all. They’re probably a little more comfortable than Black Cement 3s since they’re not so darn snug. But the cushioning on 3s and 4s isn’t great imo. And the back tabs also are uncomfortable to me. I’ve only work them for short amounts of time, not full day or lots of walking.

A woman in 6 inch stilletos just entered the chat 🤣

....they got their heels....we got our J's lol. Wearing J's all day is a young man's game lol

Considering how difficult it is to buy certain sizes of this sneaker, considering how much variability there is for quality control of this sneaker, some of us here nitpick a little too much 🤷🏽‍♂️. If things were easier, I think more effort could be put in to try to find a better pair.

Im pretty happy to have a 2023 pair for retail since I owned the 2003, 2013 '88s, and 2018 jth and letting them go.

I agree ⬇️
I refuse to look at my pair closely. I just wear them (worn 3 times now) and enjoy them. I’m not going to let you guys ruin them for me. Nike with the yellow midsole already tried to.

I'm loving having all the OG 3s Mike wore on the court in NBA sanctioned events WITH THE BULLS (I know he wore the True Blue at Midsummer Night's Magic and wore the True Blue with the Wizards...with the jumpman on the heel.)

Back tab on a 3 is uncomfortable ? That’s a new one to me

People gotta keep in mind how much has improved since 2003 to 2018. The ep for the most part has been thinned. Certain pairs have lighter better ep, and some pairs ep isnt as dark as a sharpie marker compared to the 2001/2011/2018 IIIs or other retro 3s in the past. The overall shape looks a little better. The Nike Air on the back looks better. You will keep waiting for Nike to make the almost perfect type of retro in the future, until they decide to stop producing these. They will save the best for last.

I’m not even sure Nike intended to make the pairs how y’all want them (perfectly identical prints, certain shade, certain boldness). So it’s going to be extremely difficult to luckily find such a pair, especially when you ADD in some bad QC.

I’ve had zero issues with back tab on 3s. That’s a first I’ve heard of it. Last time I had issues with back tabs on 4s was the 2012 black cements. Those were terrible. I feel like that has been fixed since the “remaster” though.

I’m not even sure Nike intended to make the pairs how y’all want them (perfectly identical prints, certain shade, certain boldness). So it’s going to be extremely difficult to luckily find such a pair, especially when you ADD in some bad QC.

“They purposely made the shoes not match”

The **** I read in some of these threads. :lol: Ride that swoosh like a soldier

Y’all know there are variations within the diff factories, right? Acting like the factories are consistent themselves.

While variations are inevitable, I’ve seen more bad pairs than good pairs come from LN3. The overall shape and construction appear off by a few millimeters which throws off the entire silhouette.

I’ve seen many great looking shoes that were manufactured from LNM and LN4. The sample size is obviously small but using this thread and eBay is more than enough to see that LNM and LN4 are far superior with their craftsmanship and the materials they were provided.

I’m not saying LNM and LN4 aren’t capable of producing a few botched pairs but there’s more good pairs than bad.

The VM1 I’ve seen were strictly in my size and all of them were absolutely terrible. So personally I’m not a fan of this factory. They’re behind LN3 imo.

Back
Top Bottom