Jordan III white/cement question...

So after the fourth time wearing the latest Jordan III white/cement retros, there are traces of sole paint cracking.
mad.gif
%+!*
mad.gif
Anyone else have this problem?
Also, do the 2003 Jordan III white/cement retros have the same issues?

the older 3's do not have any paint on the main midsole part. Only on the heel part thats black. And that black paint takes FOREVER to start cracking.

Bad part is, since the white part isn't painted, it starts turning yellow.

not yet, i cross my fingers and say a prayer before i wear them. Crazy thing is i had the cdp 3s and at most there was a hairline crack and it  wsnt even noticable up close and i sold them to purchase the 2011 version. I think if you wear this shoe on a constent bases, traces of cracking is likely to occur. Also do you wear youre shoes casually or to play ball??

sorry to hear, you can try to paint them over not really much can do.
ohwell.gif

yeah my used '03s were already looking like a spoiled avocado around the midsole.

Originally Posted by aphexacid

the older 3's do not have any paint on the main midsole part.
actually the white parts were painted, but the 2003 cements were the last 3s to use the old PU midsole which absorbs and holds the paint much better then the post-2003 AJIIIs, so the paint didnt chip off, it just seemed to wear away exposing the PU to yellowing/discoloration

dont know why so many people are seeing paint chipping on the wc3s from last year it took me a year of rough wear and tear before that happened wish i could find a 11 in a decent price range

any idea on how to fix the blue jean stains on the heal tab? looked in the care topic, but I didnt get much of a clear answer...

my 3's never had that problem?? and they arnt THAT bad. I actually love the quality of the white and black cements, but they could be B-Grades if the paint is cracking. Probly didnt dry correctly

Mine are still in good condition....but I've repainted various of mid soles for mine and friends shoes(mostly 3's and 4's). So if they ever do start to crack ill be able to fix it and make it look like new 
glasses.gif

Its sad cuz III's are my favorite Jordan. I didnt cop the True Blues, or WC because they yellow faster then the older TB & WC III's.

Im just happy theyre not CDP quality man those were terrible!

Worn mine 10 times and no cracking. Worn my True Blues maybe 4 and very slight cracking. Worm Black Cements twice and cracked all the way around the heel on the white part. It's whatever tho, i rock my kicks and keep em fresh and its not really noticeable unless you're looking for it.

That's why I sold my 2011 pair, and bought a pair of 2003's.

Just the other day, the black part, which is painted started to get hairline chips, so I stripped the paint of it completely, and repainted it (first time) looked factory new.

Angelus paint and a duller works wonders.

My Fire Red 3's are just now chipping, but now that I know there's a solution, I don't worry anymore.

MY BCIII's I probably worn about 5+ times have luckily no cracks..

still need to find a D/S Pair of WCIII's

^I'll definitely be repainting my Fire Red's down the line. The white midsole paint cracked a few years ago, but the red finally started to crack some when I last wore them.

My only worry with getting older III's is longevity of the midsole. Black Cements are definitely a must if I can find a wearable pair.

My tbs were vnds when i got them, and had no cracking. Worn them about 5-6 times , but still no cracking... Kinda suprised.. I am 5' 8" and ~125-130 , so does weight/height have anything to do with it, or is it just the quality of the shoes itself?

my heavily worn db3's are still perfect.

Originally Posted by sunshineblotters

Why I am not a fan of Jordan IIIs or VIIs. They get wrecked like air forces
30t6p3b.gif

vii's are tanks

Back
Top Bottom