Jordan IV Black/Red Reimagined - February 17, 2024

Oh, so YOU’RE the one.

:lol:
giphy.gif

I’ll stay tuned. Might be interesting. A leather bred 4 isn’t a bad idea. I liked the leather black and blue 4s from a few years back…

Peep the 37:16 mark of this video where it discusses these shoes. It speculates the reimagined gimmick isn't going to be an aged/vintage look. It will most likely be a material revision. Or perhaps a color tweak.

This coincides with something I previously posted in this thread where I guessed it wouldn't be an aged gimmick based on this original model being a black-based shoe.

I'm leaning toward speculating the reimagined gimmick on these will be a material tweak because I don't see how the aged gimmick will be thoroughly visible on some black-based shoes. Just look at the reimagined pattern with the Black/Red 1 High and upcoming Royal 1 High regarding material tweaks with black-based shoes.

The aged gimmick is a more conducive look on some reimagined white-based shoes like the Lost And Found 1 High and the upcoming White Cement III.

With all that said, watch these come out in either patent leather, suede or whatever random material.

I’ll stay tuned. Might be interesting. A leather bred 4 isn’t a bad idea. I liked the leather black and blue 4s from a few years back…
Worst thing about that black/blue pair was the leather (aside from the jumpman). These need to be durabuck and with the white lines. Anything else will be disappointing.

Wouldn’t be mad if they switched out the red for gold. Like a DMP 4 with good shape and Nike Air.

Happy with my 2019 but don't mind copping this version. 4s are all the hype now. But damn are they the least comfortable of all the popular retro silhouettes.

I see people want military blue. Military blacks, psg and the sb are better color blocking in execution. But theyre not og. I guess some of y'all are ocd and want the Nike air tab to complete the cypher.

I personally want the sport blue 6 with Nike air back for any og blue retro.
My Fire red 4s are uncomfortable compared to my 3s. I had a pair of CDP Bred 4s back in the day and I don't remember them being uncomfortable compared to the new retros.

It's pretty simple but I haven't seen it specifically addressed...

It would messed up if Nike retooled the shape of the AJ4 only to use
it on retro+ designs (And I include an og colorway with new materials as a retro+ design)
in the short term. I hope this will not be the case.

You now have a proper template - use it for what it's supposed to be used for -
recreating the originals in their original colorways and materials. It will inevitably
happen so just do it now.

It's pretty simple but I haven't seen it specifically addressed...

It would messed up if Nike retooled the shape of the AJ4 only to use
it on retro+ designs (And I include an og colorway with new materials as a retro+ design)
in the short term. I hope this will not be the case.

You now have a proper template - use it for what it's supposed to be used for -
recreating the originals in their original colorways and materials. It will inevitably
happen so just do it now.

It took 2+ years for us to get an og aj3 cw in the retooled mold so it wouldn’t surprise me.

Back
Top Bottom