Jordan Retro 1 High “Laser” aka Custom Lasers Thread

I finally finished my Fragment Laser 1 over the weekend.  I did it over the course of a few weeks and I would estimate it took me about 10 hours per shoe.  I was being really careful as this was my first time doing any type of arts and crafts since grade school...let alone a custom shoe.  I did a wear test yesterday and an employee at Best Buy said, "I like your shoes man," which helped to validate my work.  When I took the shoe off and examined it, it looks like it stood up to the first wear test.  There were creases in the back heal cup on both shoes, but the paint held up and did not crack where the creases occurred. 

If I were to give a new person who is trying to customize a pair advice, is be patient!  Spending a little extra time doing a good masking job makes it easier to paint without it getting into areas you don't need and you're able to get into the edges without the butter knife trick.  I used a fine tip paint pen I got at the arts and crafts store to do the wings logo.  Next time I'll try it freehand with a fine tip brush.

Progress pictures...

Masked everything to prepare for Krylon matte finisher:

Dying the soles:

All done:

And yes, my Wings logo could use some work. But it looks good on feet and I'm not trying to re-sell or win any awards.  I think the shoe came out really good overall for a first attempt at anything like this.

Last edited:
great job, i personally like the unaltered leather look so im trying not to touch the ends of the leather so they stand out a little (the edges of the leather part is what i mean)

nthat.gif

Add in the price for krylon ($6-7) if you want matte, and a heat gun ($15-25 depending where you get it) if you're doing the GAC900 ($15) method for the sockliner.
So you need a heat gun for the sock liner? I was just gonna mix with water and let it dry

I picked up some extra angelus paint not sure if anyone's working on anything it could be used for...I'll snail mail it for free (if you want it quicker - for international peeps we can work it out). I have bone and green - both full bottles (went with cream over the bone). PM me if you want it...

Y'all are knocking these custom jobs out the park! I'm getting a third pair next month to customize into Shattered blacktoes. They get more and more comfortable once they break in. I haven't even had a chance to rock my Chicago 1s lately cause these are in heavy rotation. The paint definitely holds up

Last edited:
Y'all are knocking these custom jobs out the park! I'm getting a third pair next month to customize into Shattered blacktoes. They get more and more comfortable once they break in. I haven't even had a chance to rock my Chicago 1s lately cause these are in heavy rotation. The paint definitely holds up
Your third pair? :wow: Are you getting these for retail?

cuz I cant find anymore

I got one DS for $130, the other worn once for $100. Both from FB groups

Looking for someone to do a pair of Laser 1/4 customs for me, anyone have reccomendations for me? Looking for best quality and price, just don't have the time to do them myself and I'd rather just pay someone else. Reccomendations much appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom