Jordan Retro 1 High “Laser” aka Custom Lasers Thread

Lol is that a  "hell no G T F O H" ?
Not trying to sound rude or anything lol, but retail for these are 185 (I believe) and for my size (8) I can't find these under retail (luckily I did with that JJ coupon code two days ago) There's also tax which brings the shoe to about $200. Shipping would cost roughly $10. You're basically asking ppl to do a custom for you for free or $10 lol. You do need to consider the time it takes to do a custom which requires patience if you want it to turn out good. There's also money for the supplies (paint, dye, brushes). If you want to spend the least amount of money, I suggest you get the shoes and supplies and do it yourself. Trust me. I find that way the cheapest and I went that route. People are charging $100 for the custom itself (not the shoes). Of course, if you don't have the time to do so, you'll need to pay up. I'm just pointing that out. Not trying to come off rude or anything. 

Last edited:

Lol is that a  "hell no G T F O H" ?
Not trying to sound rude or anything lol, but retail for these are 185 (I believe) and for my size (8) I can't find these under retail (luckily I did with that JJ coupon code two days ago) There's also tax which brings the shoe to about $200. Shipping would cost roughly $10. You're basically asking ppl to do a custom for you for free or $10 lol. You do need to consider the time it takes to do a custom which requires patience if you want it to turn out good. There's also money for the supplies (paint, dye, brushes). If you want to spend the least amount of money, I suggest you get the shoes and supplies and do it yourself. Trust me. I find that way the cheapest and I went that route. People are charging $100 for the custom itself (not the shoes). Of course, if you don't have the time to do so, you'll need to pay up. I'm just pointing that out. Not trying to come off rude or anything. 

Couldn't have been said any better. We just make it look easy. It takes time (10 - 15 hours) and lots of patience. I wouldn't charge any less than $50 if I did decide to do it for people in my city or who are close to me

Last edited:
dope customs dudes...admirable for sure.

2015 quality and mold>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>pre 2015 quality and mold...

bet it feels good rocking those customs

Last edited:

It's not that I don't have the time, I'm just not that confident in my painting skills. Like I know my shoe is gonna turn out having hella paint streaks and strokes, would rather pay a professional. How much would you say I should offer then...?

It's not that I don't have the time, I'm just not that confident in my painting skills. Like I know my shoe is gonna turn out having hella paint streaks and strokes, would rather pay a professional. How much would you say I should offer then...?

More than $10 :rofl:

Last edited:
Hey I wanna share a few additional detail tips.

View media item 1656073At times matte paint is much duller than the black used on factory pairs. Leather polish, or leather milk is a good way to give it a nice shine. It retains the factory look, while not making them too shiny.

View media item 1656074Moist a cotton lightly with water and scrub in between using acteton or nail polish remover, so the wet dye doesn't settle in the crevices.

View media item 1656075The seams on the square heel tab, and the swoosh is often overlooked. Use a small detail brush to go over the stitching.

View media item 1656076Krylon high gloss finish for the wings logo to give it a shine, like the factory look.

*Also leaving the white behind the tongue is a cool OG touch.

Last edited:
I've been lurking this thread enjoying the result of people's customs. Really nice work here.  Like these, really good work. I've seen some that come out shiny and this matte look looks way better. I'm tempted to make some black/red but I'm unsure if I could pull it off to this execution. 
Hey I wanna share a few additional detail tips.

At times matte paint is much duller than the black used on factory pairs. Leather polish, or leather milk is a good way to give it a nice shine. It retains the factory look, while not making them too shiny.

Moist a cotton lightly with water and scrub in between using acteton or nail polish remover, so the wet dye doesn't settle in the crevices.

The seams on the square heel tab, and the swoosh is often overlooked. Use a small detail brush to go over the stitching.

Krylon high gloss finish for the wings logo to give it a shine, like the factory look.

*Also leaving the white behind the tongue is a cool OG touch.
Close enough for me

Last edited:

Took the words right out of my mouth. You're paying for the customizer's time and materials. If you were to buy the materials yourself, it'll cost you 60 dollars MINIMUM if you had discounts. I must've paid a little more for all of my materials. Angelus paints, dye, brushes, solebright/volume 40, acetone/alcohol/deglazer, gac 900 + heat gun if you don't trust the water and paint mixture to hold up, and krylon finisher if you want it matte. The angelus kits alone are $40 on angelusdirect and then you have to consider shipping because they're located in california.

Got dye on my midsole :frown:

bleaching the **** out of it, if it doesn't completely clean off I'm just gonna wear it for a little then order some flat white paint in a couple months

Got dye on my midsole :frown:

bleaching the **** out of it, if it doesn't completely clean off I'm just gonna wear it for a little then order some flat white paint in a couple months

Before you order flat white holla at me .... I have some now but by the end of the month (mid-September) I should be done with all of my customs I'm doing. I can shoot it your way.

Took the words right out of my mouth. You're paying for the customizer's time and materials. If you were to buy the materials yourself, it'll cost you 60 dollars MINIMUM if you had discounts. I must've paid a little more for all of my materials. Angelus paints, dye, brushes, solebright/volume 40, acetone/alcohol/deglazer, gac 900 + heat gun if you don't trust the water and paint mixture to hold up, and krylon finisher if you want it matte. The angelus kits alone are $40 on angelusdirect and then you have to consider shipping because they're located in california.
Got all my supplies for roughly $50 lol, but yeah. The time it takes is what makes it worth while.

Back
Top Bottom